Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

If Lucifer saved Chloe in the pilot, why couldn't he save the priest?

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought the same thing. I wonder if they'll explain it.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

It might have to do with where he was shot. Depending on where and/or what the bullet hit he would have bled out faster than Chloe.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:04 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
Wow I loved this episode! It was quite sad, but really powerful. I never though I'd enjoy the friendship between the Devil and a priest so much
!
Yeah. It was sad when the priest died, but he was a guest star on this show, so not tto surprised about that happening. That Conner kid sure seemed to live the ''thug life''. Geez. I'm curious if in 4-5 years & ''Lucifer'' is still on the air how many times Conner will have been in jail or prison.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Although Chloe said he might not get time (or very little) because he was collaborating a lot with the police.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode!
Luci in the church angry with the spider was fantastic and the scene with the priest with the LA in front they... waw.
D'oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Plus Connor couldn't even kill the priest. Now the priest may have still died but it could be an eye opener for Connor to change his ways.

Last edited by warangel88; 03-23-2016 at 04:34 AM
warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I think he's already on a redemption path
Old 03-23-2016, 02:47 PM

That's very optimistic, but you could be right. That's why I want to see him on this show down the road though I don't expect to. May be Lucifer won't judge people so much after being awfully wrong about this priest.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I thought the same thing. I wonder if they'll explain it.
There's one possible explanation.

The Devil grants wishes. Chloe told Lucifer, "I don't want to die." The priest seemed perfectly cool with buying the farm. Maybe he couldn't save him because of that.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
That's very optimistic, but you could be right. That's why I want to see him on this show down the road though I don't expect to. May be Lucifer won't judge people so much after being awfully wrong about this priest.
I agree with Tar (verbis diablo) and warangel88 Conner is probably on his way to redemption. We probably won't see him again but it's really a 50/50 thing he might in the future however get mentioned.

Honestly I don't find Lucifer that judgmental it seems his biggest problems are with liars and murderers and...pretty much the people he was supposed to punish in hell. He might not be so quick to judge religious people (whom he also seems to have a problem with) however after meeting and befriending the priest.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 PM

OK, but on this episode he was about a priest. May be he thought he had good reason to be. It makes sense for him not to be judgmental since he tries to get people to say things thy usually wouldn't.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I personally find Lucifer's judgement pretty accurate 99% of the time. He doesn't really "hate' without something to back it up. Blind faith in God is personal to him, since he feels rejected by him, someone confessing to a lustful desire as something to be ashamed of is hypocritical to him because he thinks people should follow their wishes, etc. It wasn't like "I hate you because you're a priest nanana" He was against what the priest stood for (that in the end got him killed). Whether it's judgemental or not, I find that he always takes very reasonable stands on issues, as far as his personal experiences go. He reacts to an extreme but I never found him to be judgmental for judgemental's sake you know?
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I personally find Lucifer's judgement pretty accurate 99% of the time. He doesn't really "hate' without something to back it up. Blind faith in God is personal to him, since he feels rejected by him, someone confessing to a lustful desire as something to be ashamed of is hypocritical to him because he thinks people should follow their wishes, etc. It wasn't like "I hate you because you're a priest nanana" He was against what the priest stood for (that in the end got him killed). Whether it's judgemental or not, I find that he always takes very reasonable stands on issues, as far as his personal experiences go. He reacts to an extreme but I never found him to be judgmental for judgemental's sake you know?
^ Perfectly worded
Old 03-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks