Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 AM
New Fan

We need an updated Star Trek collectibles guide pictorial book..

While browsing information on the net on past Star Trek collectible guide books I came accross this:

http://www.amazon.com/House-Collecti.../dp/0876379943

If you read the reviews on this book near the bottom of the page, you will notice an entry saying it would be nice to have an updated book. That entry is dated back from 1999 showing that even 7 years ago fans were asking for an updated book.
Though I disagree that thie book in that review was the best one done given that it hardly has any pictures and most were in B/W at that. It also mentions the Remco Astro toy line as being scarce and possibly even prototypes. Though I will agree that these are very scarce the question that still remains unanswered is where did Sue Cornwell and Mike Kott get the information for them to come to the conclusion that these are probably prototypes and that possibly less than 10 still exist?
I have seen 3 of these Astro toys pop up on ebay in the last few weeks alone. Of course that doesn't mean there has to be more just because 3 have been listed on eBay recently but they don't "seem" as scarce or worth anything close to what the book leads you to believe.
First you have to understand how prototypes are done and then in this case know the history of the Remco toy company. Knowing these two facts you will come to believe that the information given in this book on the Astro toys is probably incorrect.
Though this series of vintage toys is very valauble of course, the chances of them being worth the many thousands they claim in the book (up to $8000 and this was 10 years ago) I feel is highly unlikely. Anything however is possible of course.

Anyway, with eBay as big as it is now and a few more Star Trek series having been done and a few more movies come and gone since the last guide books were published (and even the last one published was just a reprinting of an 4th edition of a previous book), I think it is high time the fans and collectors finally had a new updated full color pictorial Star Trek collectibles guide book published. Don't you?

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this as well.

Steve
Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

hay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im hapy 2 b heer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think picures shuld b baned form teh us
Closed Thread   Post New Thread