Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men

Quote:
Star Trek Actors to Film 40th Anniversary Gift to Trek Fans – Star Trek: Of Gods and Men

Principal Photography Begins Today in New York State

(Los Angeles, Calif. -- July 12, 2006) Star Trek, the acclaimed television series that spawned four additional series and 10 motion pictures, will be honored for its 40-year history with the filming of an all-new three-part mini-series webisode entitled Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. The mini-series, a gift to Star Trek’s loyal fans featuring many Trek alumni, will be released exclusively on the Internet as downloads, each 30 minutes in length.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men stars Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig and Grace Lee Whitney (Uhura, Chekov and Rand of the original series) along with Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman of the 7th feature film, Star Trek Generations). Joining them are Garrett Wang (Voyager), Chase Masterson (Deep Space Nine), Gary Graham and Crystal Allen (Enterprise), JG Hertzler (Deep Space Nine) and Tim Russ (Voyager), who will also direct. The same team that created the hit “Roddenberry on Patrol,” currently in release on DVD and also directed by Russ is producing the webisode.

Several of the actors involved in the project offered their comments on participating in Star Trek: Of Gods and Men.

“I’m very excited about the script,” enthused Nichelle Nichols. “And I’m looking forward to re-creating Uhura in a time line that feels good to me. I think the fans will enjoy it immensely!”

“The original series was in danger of being cancelled after the second season, and the fans came through,” said Walter Koenig. “Once again—after 40 years --with the support and enthusiasm of the fans -- Star Trek will have another life on the Internet – and I’m very pleased to be part of it.”

“I’m looking forward to working with a lot of fine actors,” exclaimed Tim Russ. “It’s a nostalgia-based Trek project – and I think the fans will really get a kick out of it. We’ve never seen this kind of Trek story before.”
“After I read the script, I definitely wanted to participate,” said Garrett Wang. “The character I’m playing is completely opposite from my Voyager character – and it’s always more challenging for an actor to play a bad guy. It will be fun to have an edge, to keep it truthful.”

The mini-series was written by producer Sky Douglas Conway and Deep Space Nine freelance storywriters Jack Trevino and Ethan H. Calk. Director of photography is Doug Knapp. In addition, many artists in the field of makeup and lighting will join them for what is sure to be a history-making event.

And it’s not at all about money. What makes Star Trek: Of Gods and Men special is that all these creative talents have united because of a common vision. They all believe in a series that was created by a visionary named Gene Roddenberry and the philosophy that it promoted – that all individuals are created equal and that one day all the peoples of the Earth will unite to live, work and play in harmony.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men is produced in association with James Cawley of “New Voyages” and will be shot in part on the “New Voyages” set in New York state as well as locations in Los Angeles. A Christmas 2006 release is anticipated. For more information, visit Star Trek: Of Gods and Men.
Thought this might be of interest to people on this board. I just happened to stumble across an entry for this on IMDB, and starting looking into it. Found this press release and thought I would share. The trailer is appealing. Especially the tagline.
Mr. Impatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for the info Rob. I'm not much for watching things online, but if it comes to video, I'd definitely make an effort to see it.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

I signed up for the updates from the site, so if they let me know when it is out, I may download it.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Be sure to let us know what you think of it.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Will do! Did you watch the trailer?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Not yet. It's Thanksgiving weekend here and my son's home so my online time is limited. Hopefully next week I'll find time.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Banned

spam
Last Domain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Well, I'm still using Windows98 and both the players for the trailer seem to want the latest version of QuickTime or WindowsMediaPlayer, so ... It does indicate that 'more compatable sizes will be available'. I'll have to check back later.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

It sucks that you are unable to watch it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yeah, it does. I'm putting out the hints that I'd like a new computer for Christmas.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Extreme Fan

I'd definately watch it!! and thanks for the info
Hunniah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Website Manager

Sounds interesting.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Have either of you had a chance to watch the trailer?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh yeah! wuved it.. The guy who played Ensign Kim looks evilllllllll..

Last edited by Hunniah; 10-15-2006 at 08:17 AM
Hunniah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

hmm ... sounds interesting. Hopefully they'll upload a version that I can download.