Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2022, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris,,, next Sunday will be difficult but will try to make it.... rude people set off illegal fireworks past 10 PM and not enough police to cover the city. Plus my online church is having a 4th of July event Saturday night...but it's at 10 PM-11:15 AM. my local church is having outside service at 10 30. I didn't believe one pastor but sometimes there are people who come in 20 min late and since it's outside...it's open to entire public....so I can slip in late if I oversleep.

Sarah...have a good nap... watching Rocky 4 atm
Old 06-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

We could get a free drink while on break, but weren't supposed to be drinking while working. Although that didn't stop managers from doing it.

Got down to the market this morning. Didn't find anything to buy and there weren't near as many vendors as there have been in the past. Met up with a couple of people I haven't seen in a while and had a nice catch up.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
We could get a free drink while on break, but weren't supposed to be drinking while working. Although that didn't stop managers from doing it.

Got down to the market this morning. Didn't find anything to buy and there weren't near as many vendors as there have been in the past. Met up with a couple of people I haven't seen in a while and had a nice catch up.
one nice thing about my retail general manager when I worked there a year...he let us drink soda on the floor as long as it was from the snack counter up front and the store wasn't busy

what is everyone doing on Canda Day on Friday?
Old 06-27-2022, 03:04 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Johnnie...work doesn't have coffee to help you wake up?
Didn't feel like having a coffee, was struggling to stay awake earlier, feeling a lil more awake now but probably going to go to sleep soon, had a hard time last night with getting to sleep.

Maybe I'll stay at level cap in DDO a bit longer, we'll see. Still got a bunch of potential low level stuff to run and some Epic stuff i can run for reaper XP before resetting back to 15. Did manage to get Gatekeepers R8, Sharn Docks, another one in Ravenloft R10 (technically did 3 but they were ones I ran before, so less experience), and lastly finished up Giant Hold by myself on R4/5. (R refers to Reaper level, a difficultly above the hardest - Elite... once ya get more Reaper points it's often considered easier than Elite, but self heals are greatly reduced in those... granted at my level I can heal myself quite well still at R5.

Think I'm gonna log off it now and sleep soon after checking some Minecraft stuff. Maybe I'll get on later in the day if I wake up.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Johnnie...I don't really sleep that great in the heat

Johnnie, Tracey and Chris...did you know that Friday marks the 10 years that I met you guys...actually I met Chris in the Info Center.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

10 years? Has it really been that long? Thanks for sticking around so long.

Have to go out of town for the day tomorrow, so I'll be scarce. Probably won't check in until late afternoon.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris want to make a Chicken Stir Fry but can't remember what type if any veggies to put in it

Otherwise here but not really cause have the rounds starting with Chris while more MASH

Dave not sure where thinking maybe Obi and finish Dr Strange

Than see if the Fireworks done here in this area while be available where the main one downtown is too crowded for my anxiety went to one here once 10+ years ago and was less crowded so not sure yet if gonna walk up there and see the display or not
Old 06-28-2022, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sarah...I loved the final episode of ObiWan...the spoiler I read was correct except for one major detail

Chris...yes, it was July 1st... in fact the first post here was a song that I later re-posted in a Anniversary thread. I had to look for it a while to see when I posted it though

Johnnie...how is work going? I'm glad your game is going OK. All of my video game starting basketball players are on infintite now on my video game so I don't have to use game credits to purchase 5 day contracts
Old 06-28-2022, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hubby's appointment went well, then we did some shopping. I bought new capris, jeans because they were on sale, a nightgown and shoes. A very productive day.

As to July 1st, there's a parade and there's games geared to children and face painting in the park. Won't bother with that. Plan to go down for the fireworks at the beach.

Sarah - you can use whatever veggies you have in a stir fry. I normally have onions, celery, mushrooms, broccoli and carrots in mine.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I already was thinking onions carrots maybe hate mushrooms broccoli never considered it but maybe its a good idea to add to my recipes -- slowly working on creating them and thanks to tax benefits finally got a plan to stabilize plus start on credit/savings

So literally had to put on Spotify to see what I can do before 7pm cause watching MASH got me no where on
Old 06-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Johnnie...how is work going? I'm glad your game is going OK. All of my video game starting basketball players are on infintite now on my video game so I don't have to use game credits to purchase 5 day contracts
Could be better, hoping I can get my schedule straightened I want 6-2 everyday Mon-Fri like it's been since the launch of breakfast, they had me scheduled 6-3 4 of the 5 days this week, I went home at 2 on Monday, would have went home at 2 today if it wasn't for the health and safety meeting that kept me like an extra hour and a half. I'm perfectly fine with a 8 hour shift, don't want 9 hour ones. Schedule doesn't change for 2 months and new management comes in and goes to mess with it.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh Sorry to hear actually had lunch there today its pretty sad when one of the cashiers doesn't need my name if "name for receipt"

Hoping new management doesn't mess with it too much

Heading outside for a little break before back to Pine
Old 06-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Website Manager

They used to ask for names for the receipts, but they don't seem to do that anymore here.

I hope so... me being there past 2 is just going to make me even more miserable. I do not want to be there to cover breaks... part of the agreement I made when I started working 6 am was to be off at 2... since I used to be scheduled 7:30-4. Covering breaks is part of the 11:30 people or management teams problem, not breakfast crew.

Have a good break.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
Could be better, hoping I can get my schedule straightened I want 6-2 everyday Mon-Fri like it's been since the launch of breakfast, they had me scheduled 6-3 4 of the 5 days this week, I went home at 2 on Monday, would have went home at 2 today if it wasn't for the health and safety meeting that kept me like an extra hour and a half. I'm perfectly fine with a 8 hour shift, don't want 9 hour ones. Schedule doesn't change for 2 months and new management comes in and goes to mess with it.
Johnnie...hopefully the schedule can work out for you in the future... will the management be any better an your current

Sarah...congrats on the Tax benefits...don't spend it all on one place

Chris...enjoy your fireworks on Canada Day...how is your mom doing
Old 06-29-2022, 05:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sarah - I always think it's nice to be recognized. Good luck getting your financial house in order with the additional benefits.

Johnnie - you'll just have to be firm with them that you're not able to stay past 2

Dave - mom is about the same, thanks for asking. How are you doing?

Might make a trip to the grocery store today. Want to make sure I'm all stocked up for the long weekend.