Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Doesn't take me long 24-25 episodes, 3-4 days
Decent
Old 07-04-2018, 06:47 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kia - that dentist could use some training in bedside manner. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Johnnie and Sarah - wow, that's some devoted tv watching!

Somebody just tried to scam me supposedly trying to confirm a $600 purchase on my VISA card. When they started to 'confirm' personal info, I said I'd call them back. I hung up and called the number on my card, and it wasn't them.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Kia - that dentist could use some training in bedside manner. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Johnnie and Sarah - wow, that's some devoted tv watching!

Somebody just tried to scam me supposedly trying to confirm a $600 purchase on my VISA card. When they started to 'confirm' personal info, I said I'd call them back. I hung up and called the number on my card, and it wasn't them.
Oh no Chris.... sorry that happened

somene on July 4th 2013 stole my bank credit number and ordered 40 dollars worth of pizza. I believe it was s WalGreens cashier...she looked suspicious when she processed my purchase. I never saw her at my WalGreens again after that day. I had to file the complaint to my bank and sign a few papers.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sorry that happened to you Dave. I'm glad you got it sorted out.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Website Manager

I don't understand why a pizza place would take credit card information and charge like that. It would be one thing if you had the physical card and it wouldn't read the chip or something... but to me if someone came in and asked to pay with just the number I'd be suspicious... but I guess the pizza place probably just wanted to make the money. I had a situation when I went to get my glasses once and the card wouldn't read and the numbers on the back were kind of faded, they could have done it with the numbers but I just used my other visa.

I haven't really gotten any of the spam callers since I switched to magicjack... I guess not being listed in a phone book helps I assume.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

If it was a phone order they might just take the numbers.

Spam calls get annoying.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yup Chris.... Person "ABC" can steal person "XYZ" credit card number and use it for an online order also.

I once had a friend who never gave her credit card to a waitress or any restaurant employee when dining out b/c she didn't trust them with it

I got lucky and the bank gave me back my money that year...it hasn't happened since. Since I use Amazon free Bing Search Credits.... I rarely have to pay for anything I get online...the rare times I shop online with is only once or twice a year. Free Bing credits are earned when you use bing search engine to search anything onlne
Old 07-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

In Canada, if you're paying for a restaurant meal by credit or debit, they have a portable machine that they bring right to the table. Those don't seem to be very common in the States. Either you go up to a cash register to pay, or the waitress wants to take your card and I'm not comfortable with that, so I'll dig out the cash.

Happy 4th of July Dave!
Old 07-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Chris went for a nice morning over an hour walk to the "circus"...some FF posters call it worse...aka WalMart.. had pork ribs in slow cooker and eating that off and on, watching old YT fireworks and some 4th of July movies.

my friend pays with cash too when he goes out to eat
Old 07-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh my Chris , glad that you knew something was dodgy there..
Old 07-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hope you are having a good day Tracey...what's your next Holiday in your country ??

Chris... Applebees has a pay at the table device where you can swipe your card right at the table.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Doing well Dave, had a hospital appointment today, all went ok , hmm next national holiday will be next month..
Old 07-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

glad your appointment went will Tracey only thing in August is my birthday.... and beginning of nfl football

do we have a Hot Seat thread.... if not, can I start one?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks Dave , I don't think we do
Old 07-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
If it was a phone order they might just take the numbers.

Spam calls get annoying.
I don't think they charge you until you pick your order up or have it delivered (at least in my area), so I don't see the point in that unless you want to just go there and grab it... though something like that would be easy for someone else to show up and ask where their order is unless they took the time to verify the card belonged to that person.

Quote:
In Canada, if you're paying for a restaurant meal by credit or debit, they have a portable machine that they bring right to the table. Those don't seem to be very common in the States. Either you go up to a cash register to pay, or the waitress wants to take your card and I'm not comfortable with that, so I'll dig out the cash.[/COLOR]
At the restaurants I've been to that are sit down type ones seem to have those portable ones a lot. But yeah... I wouldn't feel comfortable handing the cards over to someone especially if they take it out of sight. I know at our work we used to swipe cards for people or put it in the machine for them... now we just stick the debit machine thing out the window and then can do it all... Would help prevent people from writing down numbers and forgetting to give the card back to the customer after the transaction.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread