Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 AM
New Fan

haha! BatB was another of my fav shows. i loved him as pascal too. (i know it's off topic but I'm very excited that i get to meet Linda Hamilton in a few months! ) I'm not so young lol!

edit: speaking of unity, I've heard a lot about it...been thinking of reading it...is it any good? I've not read any other star trek novels...would i need to read any others to fully enjoy unity or is it a stand alone?

Last edited by ndonri; 03-02-2014 at 06:21 AM
Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sorry, I haven't read any of the books, so I can't help you out there.

Great teasers Donna!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

UNITY is a good book, but I only read it for the Odo and Kira parts!! LOL! That's the only book in hte DS9 series I have read!!

and LINDA HAMILTON!! OMG!! Awesome!!! Lov ed BatB!! LOL! I have the series on DVD!!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
UNITY is a good book, but I only read it for the Odo and Kira parts!! LOL! That's the only book in hte DS9 series I have read!!

and LINDA HAMILTON!! OMG!! Awesome!!! Lov ed BatB!! LOL! I have the series on DVD!!
that's the only reason i want to read it too lol

i guess i'm the only one who saw BatB first run when the series was on tv? i'm starting to feel old around here

y'all have probably seen this but i hadn't...came across it on google yesterday. really lovely. Romance, Deep Space Nine style @ Stipes’ Universe
Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

That was the only good thing about the book, the Odo and Kira moments! LOL!

My mother used to have the show recorded on VHS tape and I came across them hwen I was going through the tapes! LMAO! Then the DVD's came out and I could watch all of it !LOL!

That was a cute!! thanks for sharing! LOL! I actually hadn't see it before !LOL!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndonri (View Post)
i guess i'm the only one who saw BatB first run when the series was on tv? i'm starting to feel old around here
I'm no spring chicken. I remember when the series originally aired, but I can't say I watched it.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Supreme Fan

I was a little kid when it was originally on ... then I caught up later on when it was on Sci Fi. Hated S3 though ... killing off Catherine when Linda was pregnant and opted to leave the show. The new series is okay ... but it doesn't have the same style/flow to it. The beast isn't even a beast by appearance, whereas in the original series Vincent had to hide himself based on his looks. The tunnel community was great too. This new one on the CW is all military/covert ops type storylines, and Catherine is a cop instead of a DA.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-06-2014, 05:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Remakes are never quite the same as the originals. New fans might be completely happy with the product, but established fans often find little differences annoying.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I was a little kid when it was originally on ... then I caught up later on when it was on Sci Fi. Hated S3 though ... killing off Catherine when Linda was pregnant and opted to leave the show. The new series is okay ... but it doesn't have the same style/flow to it. The beast isn't even a beast by appearance, whereas in the original series Vincent had to hide himself based on his looks. The tunnel community was great too. This new one on the CW is all military/covert ops type storylines, and Catherine is a cop instead of a DA.
I am right there with you Donna!!! I REFUSE to watch the rest of S3 past the first episode and I don't even finish that one!!! I watch S1 and 2!! THAT'T IT! To fix the DISASTOR of S3 i started (Not finished mind you) a fic where Vincent found Catherine in time and was able to get her to a scientist he knew that was helping him to understand what he was. the scientist works some of his magic and Catherine is saved, only something closer to vincent, with the animal nature. If you're interested in reading it, I can post the link !LOL!

I was watching the remake... but... OMG!! I wanted to hit that new Catherine in the head with a shovel!!! She was so stupid and annoying..... and THAT Vincent..... o_O.... Ummm..... WHINY BABY!!! but that was my feelings for the first couple of episodes...... though.... I haven't been back to finisht he rest of S1 on Netflix yet.

for Odo and Kira, I totally BINGED on the episode MERIDIAN where Kira and Odo are having breakfast, well... ok... he;'s watching her drinking her morning Raktajino!LMAO! I love that SCENE so much!!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
New Fan

geez, this thread was quiet for days and i come back to a BatB discussion
sorry! didn't mean to change the topic away from odo & kira! haha!
but yea, i haven't watched but 10 minutes of the new BatB series and couldn't watch any more.

i have BatB artwork too...or do we need to make a catherine & vincent appreciation thread? lol
Old 03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndonri (View Post)
geez, this thread was quiet for days and i come back to a BatB discussion
sorry! didn't mean to change the topic away from odo & kira! haha!
but yea, i haven't watched but 10 minutes of the new BatB series and couldn't watch any more.

i have BatB artwork too...or do we need to make a catherine & vincent appreciation thread? lol

i had to FORCE myself to get through the first ten minutes of the remake...... It's CRAP.... but I needed somethign to watch! LOL! As for taking the turn in convo... I started it! LAMO! I mentioned Pascal! LOL!

As for a thread, I think they MAY be one, mind you MAY, int he couples board, but I'm not really sure. I'll have to look. Though, the thread may be for the 21st century PRETENDERS who have dared to try adn recreate Catherine and Vincent.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

There is a BatB board, but they're probably more focused on the current show. Do you remember what year the original aired? Maybe there's something at The 90's board?

Conversations do go off on occasion, and that's fine. But yeah, back to regularly scheduled programming ...

I've included Kira and Odo gifs in the new survivor.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

the original BatB aired int he mid 80's! LOL! And I found a thread for them in that section! lol!!

http://www.fanforum.com/f129/beauty-...50/index2.html

Odo and Kira gifs!! YAY! lol!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
the original BatB aired int he mid 80's! LOL! And I found a thread for them in that section! lol!!

http://www.fanforum.com/f129/beauty-...50/index2.html

Odo and Kira gifs!! YAY! lol!
lol i looked at the BatB thread... looks kind of boring haha!

and i finally did it... i caved in and ordered Unity from amazon.com
it will be a while before i get to read it though. i live overseas so i either have to wait for my mom to mail it to me from the US or wait till i go there on vacation in a couple months.

where are the odo and kira gifs?

Last edited by ndonri; 03-07-2014 at 10:04 AM
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I hope you enjoy the book when you get it.

In the current survivor game here - #9 & #13.

Tari - thanks for finding the thread.