Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Mirror Universes

TOS: "Mirror Mirror"
TNG: Diane Duane's book Dark Mirror
DS9: A series of MU episodes.

I loved all of these. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Anyone else find them interesting? Any thoughts on continuations? Or other directions you'd like to have seen explored instead of or as well as these?

For example, what if Voyager or Enterprise did MU episodes?

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sorry, I've never been a fan of mirror or alternate universe storylines. The ones with repeating time loops drive me nuts too. But that's just my opinion. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I found the idea of Mirror Universes interesting...and kind of scary...

Anyway...didn't Voyager had some kind of episode with Mirror Universe? Or is my memory that bad? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Voyager did an episode called "Living Witness" which was set about seven centuries after the series regular setting. The Voyager crew was portrayed as aggressive, suggesting what the I.S.S. Voyager might have been like in a mirror universe. It would have been a different quantum reality from the DS9 take.

I don't watch Enterprise that much, but I'm a little curious about the Xindi's story. IIRC, the Xindi claimed Earth destroyed their planet in the 26th century. This seems like something the Earth Empire would do, not the Federation.

You can also find more mirror universe stories here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited lightcousin ]
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the fact and the link!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited Lorency ]
Old 04-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Voyager had a really cool episode. They were all evil, talking about the best way to inflict destruction (they were hired as mercenaries by one side), Paris wanted to build a fleet of little fighter ships.

The EMH was "You have these people all wrong! Well, okay, except for Mr. Paris. You nailed him perfectly."

I love Mirror Universes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I started a fic (because I needed to get my writing juices flowing in order to do schoolwork) today. Basically involves an Empire-verse version of the Voyager premise, but using a mix of DS9 and Voyager crew.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the Mirror episodes. DS9 had a fun recurring one.

It was even used in William Shatner's SNL episode. He yells at some fanboys, and then says he was "evil Kirk".

I'm not really interested in the AU's outside of the series though.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I like the DS9 eps where the Klingons, Cardassians and Bajorans have taken over.

Dark Mirror is cool with the opposite approach... the Terran/Vulcan Empire has become completely dominant.

I'd actually like to see both universes followed up upon.

Old 04-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Abducted Bookworm:

The EMH was "You have these people all wrong! Well, okay, except for Mr. Paris. You nailed him perfectly."

Really? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I've gotta see that episode. Must have missed it.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorency:

Really? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I've gotta see that episode. Must have missed it.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was a really good one... hopefully you can catch it in reruns or something.

Anyway I thought it was good, I love alternate universes, evil twins, all that stuff.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, Mirror-Tuvok was in one of the alternate universe DS9 episodes. I guess that's the only time to see a mirrorvoyager person.

Dr. Bashir:
"...a doctor."
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not a fan of MUs. Although what Voyager did was more "alternate timeline" stuff, which I'm OK with, I guess.
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

i havent seen either of the mirror eppys but i do remember living witness from voyager...i have however read dark mirror which was a really cool concept

Reply: But you can't assimilate me...I'm Denny Crane
The Collective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorta on the fence about the MU ep. but i really liked The Intendant from the MU. The alternate Kira was so kewl.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
New Fan

Alternate Universes are some of my favorite places to hang out, even those "bad neighborhood" types like the Mirror Universe and DC Comics' Earth-3. Enterprise did have a memorable 2-parter during its fourth season, "In a Glass Darkly." The Defiant from the Original Series episode, "The Tholian Web" appears in the 22nd Century of the Mirror Universe, sending Mirror-Archer and his crew on a mission of piracy and military takeover. The whole thing was done with a degree of care and affection for the Original Series (a Gorn and a Tholian are show, for instance), and while not fully successful, it was still a high point for the series. Pictures of Mirror-Hoshi have become almost a meme on other boards...

I was not a fan, however, of what the TNG and DS9 franchises did with the MU. Their entire storyline hinges upon the prevalant fanfic "Kirk screwed up" premise and Mirror-Spock, who observed that a man must have the power, becoming an easily overthrown pacifistic moron. Still, the imagery of Kira's Intendant character is heart-stopping, no question about it...
osira231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread