Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

That fanfic, Effy. OMG. Right in the feels. Poor John Ross.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Yes, of course I meant both threads and couples.

Hey Larissa! You are right. To know what is going to happen doesn't make it easier. But I can promise you, you will get used to it after a few episodes.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh. Still though that ship is like the Titanic, it's waiting to sink

Ok on to the writing part
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Reading Elena's latest tweets and remembering how she also has said how she always wants to believe the best about John Ross made me thing that she believed the worst about Christopher very easily AKA the email.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey, Mona. Oh, yeah. I'm kind of already used to it. Via other fandoms and stuff. That stuff always happens. It's gonna be OK.

^That is so true, Karla.

Effy, did you change your tumblr? I mean, not only the url but the page itself? You're gonna use -ericdane now? Cause if you are, I'm gonna follow you there.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

LOL Karla you have just made my day

Can i please praise this person ....

It's funny. I think what CC was doing in the finale was trying to get to her centerpiece pairing/what she thought the centerpiece pairing should be as well as making John Ross the bad guy because she thought he just had to be. I picked that up from her interview here recently. The problem is the audience determines who the centerpiece couple on a show will be. Not a show runner or the writers because chemistry and audience reception are ultimately out of their hands even when the writing is much better than it was here. I don't think CC envisioned CE bombing so badly even with the unfortunate set-up that did them no favors, Metcalfe in general and Henderson being so beloved out of all the young cast. The audience chooses with whom they sympathize and no matter what he does next season, especially in relation to CE, my sympathy will lay with Henderson's John Ross.

There are so many ways out of CE (Dumb and Dumber themselves, Christopher's marriage, Christopher's twins) for CC that I hope she takes them. Given that I like Jordana and don't blame her for the finale mess, I would like to see a place for her on the show remain. That's why I hope CC does not take things too far either with John Ross or CE next season. The finale will be tough enough to overcome.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The problem is the audience determines who the centerpiece couple on a show will be. Not a show runner or the writers because chemistry and audience reception are ultimately out of their hands even when the writing is much better than it was here.
That's so true. And it happens often that showrunners and writers forget that. You can't dictate the audience which couple they should like. If the audience doesn't like it the showrunners can't do anything to change their opinion.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

It's clear the majority of the viewers see Jelena as the "Main, root for couple"
Old 10-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari (View Post)
Hey, Mona. Oh, yeah. I'm kind of already used to it. Via other fandoms and stuff. That stuff always happens. It's gonna be OK.

^That is so true, Karla.

Effy, did you change your tumblr? I mean, not only the url but the page itself? You're gonna use -ericdane now? Cause if you are, I'm gonna follow you there.
Sorry, Yes that's me
Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Sorry, Yes that's me
Okey, just followed you there.

Guys, I'm gonna head out for a while. I came back sick from my trip. I'm so sick it's actually hurting to live. Gonna lie down for a bit. See you guys soon.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

John Ross and Elena were the main couple in season 1. Why should we have rooted for Elena and Chris?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Feel better, Bye
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Bringing this over from the fanfic Effy shared earlier. It perfectly describes what we have all been saying since the finale!

Quote:
Elena looked miserable and Christopher looked desperate.

John Ross couldn't help the small smile that curved the corner of his mouth. Sooner or later Elena was going to realize that she'd made a mistake and when she did, it was going to be too late. It didn't ease his heartbreak but it satisfied something primal in him just the same to know that he might be miserable without her but she was going to be just as miserable with Christopher.

And that, John Ross decided as he slid behind the wheel and revved his engine, made them even.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

"Promise me you're the man i think you are."

Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
something primal in him just the same to know that he might be miserable without her but she was going to be just as miserable with Christopher.

It's sad that there are not more Elena/John Ross fanfics on fanficnet. But it seems that Dallas is in general not a tv series people like to write about.