Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

After everything that other writers have done in recent years. It really is amazing that Joss doesn't force his opinions ect. on anybody and even though I hate him for what he did to Cangel. In the end we did see that they loved each other. Nothing changed that.

Plus Joss understands that you can love more than one person in your life.

I didn't always like the way he wrote things like how Angel acted in Chosen.

We never saw Joss ever rewrite history for the plot or couples.

Everything really happened naturally and was never just for shock effect.

It all had to do with telling a good story.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-29-2012 at 07:52 PM
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. They still loved each other very much and that wasn't changed in the end.

I love that Joss knew that. It's just not possible to only love one person your whole life. It just isn't. And he never pretended relationships didn't happen either.

It's why Joss wrote one of the best tv shows in existance

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

I mean he doesn't even care if you consider the comics canon. Plus he even said if there ever was a movie that everything would be thrown out. So shows how seriously he takes those.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Agreed.

After everything that other writers have done in recent years. It really is amazing that Joss doesn't force his opinions ect. on anybody and even though I hate him for what he did to Cangel. In the end we did see that they loved each other. Nothing changed that.

Plus Joss understands that you can love more than one person in your life.

I didn't always like the way he wrote things like how Angel acted in Chosen.

We never saw Joss ever rewrite history for the plot or couples.

Everything really happened naturally and was never just for shock effect.

It all had to do with telling a good story.
I agree. I don't always approve of what Joss did and in a way I don't have to because as any fan I have opinions, but I like it that Joss doesn't force his view on things as the only right one and even though he is the one who created BTVS and ATS he lets viewers to see things the way they want to while making the story stay consistent. Even things I disagree with make sense in terms of the plot and work for the story. There was nothing that Joss did just for shocking effect.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think everything even on ATS that I hate was planned out ect.

It just didn't come together well like BTVS.

She was there with him. I think that night meant everything to her too.

You know I saw on Tumblr that Riley told Buffy she was a hell of woman but it really didn't have any impact on her. I don't think Buffy would believe the same words Spike said to her in that speech by anybody else.

It still won't let me get to my PM's but I don't have anything else to add that can't be said here.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

The problem with ATS is that Joss didn't pay as much attention to this show as he did with BTVS, mainly because of the lack of time as I believe which resulted in certain details and storylines not being as well thought and planned out as they were on BTVS and so the pieces didn't fall into place so logically with ATS. He put the most of his energy in BTVS and those people who were in charge of ATS during the time Joss was absent, like Tim Minear, couldn't do it right because their vision of creativity was rather close to Lost/Skins writers (if you read Minear's interviews you know what I mean. Seemed like according to him randomly and poitlessly killing off characters is an amazing and provoking decision). So when Joss came back he only ruined it further because the show already started going very downhill.

I think what Riley said was like an old and not so close friend giving you a complement to cheer you up. You appreciate it but it doesn't have that much of an impact on you. But with Spike it was different, because Spiek was the closest person to Buffy by the end of the show, the one who made her feel everything.

I don't know why it happens to your pm's. What do you think it might be?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have read those interviews but I had wondered if Joss was too busy with other stuff. I mean he also had Firefly. Maybe he couldn't juggle all 3 shows. I mean he isn't God.

Good point about Riley and Spike.

That's why I can't see it meaning as much to her hearing it from anybody else.

Spike had seen the best and worst of her. They both hurt each and made mistakes Season 6. I'm sure that Spike still after she hurt him and used him still saw her as this amazing woman surprised her too. Just like how Buffy believing in him meant So much to Spike after the AR.

I wonder if Joss wrote that speech. I should look it up.

My PM's just started doing it.

Maybe it will work later.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

True I think he put the most of his energy into BTVS and it ended up being so amazing and logically/greatly structured, but he simply couldn't deal with so much at the same time. I'm greatful that we had BTVS which will always be one of the greatest shows ever created in it's genre and possibly the greatest television show ever.

I think it wouldn't make sense for anyone but Spike to come up with that speach. Only someone who knew Buffy from inside and out could make those words so powerful and Spike did. I wonder if Joss wrote it too. I always thought it was him.

That's great.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That makes sense.

I told my mom what Joss said about Spike being the one for Buffy. She said that she wasn't surprised. Me and my brother used to make her watch the show and she did like Spuffy together.

I will look up the speech later.

It most likely was him I think.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Missy!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Missy!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm So excited about Dair tonight!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too

Closed Thread   Post New Thread