Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I especially love the way Sheldon's looking at Penny
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk_Moon (View Post)
I like it
Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG I love that new one! I haven't seen that one yet!

So, maybe if it's okay with the everyone, we could have an *official* list too along with the reason list? Like official song, movie, whatever, etc?

Cause I vote official song to be "She Blinded Me With Science". lol.

Or not. I'm just being silly!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can I please be added to the shipper's list? I just recently started watching BBT and I think the idea of Sheldon and Penny is awesome. They are such polar opposites, but it totally works for them. I would really like to see something more develop with this pairing.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Best non-romantic relationship
Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Penny (Kaley Cuoco) on The Big Bang Theory.
Quote:
He’s an asexual scientific genius, she’s a waitress who walks into her neighbour’s apartment in her underwear, and together they have become the funniest odd couple since, well, The Odd Couple. Their interactions are a highlight of every episode: Penny gets frustrated by Sheldon’s lack of familiarity with normal human concepts, and Sheldon is constantly surprised that she thinks he’s weird. Their relationship reached a sort of apex in a Christmas episode when Penny gave Sheldon a napkin that was used by Leonard Nimoy (”I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy”) and in gratitude, Sheldon made the supreme sacrifice and gave Penny a hug. Who needs romance when you can have hilariously awkward platonic friendship?
If they became a couple and it was done well(I can't see it being written badly, honestly, they've been so amazing so far,) I would be ecstatic, but I really just adore their scenes and I completely agree with this post.
Minus the asexual thing. I love what you girls said on the previous post. And the comics are adorable. BBT must have comics.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkeymonkey1981 (View Post)

Cause I vote official song to be "She Blinded Me With Science". lol.

Or not. I'm just being silly!
That's perfect.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Cool, I didn't know there was a thread for these two. Can I be added, please? These two have the best scenes.

I love the "I can see what's happening" art, it's perfect.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

I had never seen that art before, it's so good it for things like this that I seriously can't believe the writers are not trying to slowly develop this ship

Welcome, FallToPieces23 and Anna!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome to the thread FallToPieces23 & clueless01
I'll add you both right now

BarneyRobin|Chuck♥Blair|Sheldon♥Penny|House♥Cuddy|Logan♥Veronica|SpikeBuffy

Rachel
Old 12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
it for things like this that I seriously can't believe the writers are not trying to slowly develop this ship
I think at first it was unintentional - Penny/Sheldon interactions just made for very good comedy, but now I'm curious (especially after the hug) if the writers see the potential romantic chemistry.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Found this on the Sheldon/Penny community over LJ and thought I should post here too

Originally posted by the mod arabian:
Quote:
I picked up the new TV Guide because it had Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders (and, okay, Alyson Hannigan) on the cover and got a de-- wait for it -- lightful surprise inside. Their resident (and long-time) critic, Matt Roush, offered up his top ten television shows and on the same list as Lost, Mad Men, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, was ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 The Big Bang Theory

There's comic genius at work in CBS' smartly silly sitcom hit, and its name is Jim Parsons. As Sheldon Cooper, a socially maladjusted Einstein, Parsons is the funniest, fussiest misfit since Felix Unger. His chemistry with roomie Johnny Galecki (as lovelorn Leonard) and prettily puzzled neighbor Kaley Cuoco (as Penny) is Nobel-worthy in what is hands down the most hilarious show on TV. If the idea of nerds playing Klingon Boggle makes you giggle, this is your show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love, love, LOVE how Roush not only highlights Jim Parsons so gushingly, but also points out his chemistry not just with Galecki, but also Cuoco. WOOHOO!!! The chorus is steadily getting louder.
I love we're not the only one noticing the amazing chemistry between Kaley and Jim on-screen
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk_Moon (View Post)
I think at first it was unintentional - Penny/Sheldon interactions just made for very good comedy, but now I'm curious (especially after the hug) if the writers see the potential romantic chemistry.
The hug.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

The hug was priceless. And Sheldon interrogating the sales woman.
Co workers, friends, or lovers?

At the very least, as much as Sheldon likes to deny it, he considers them friends.

I love when they were talking slang to eachother. So cute.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love that he even considered the hypothesis of "lovers"

Quote:
I love when they were talking slang to eachother. So cute.
Sheldon's "Peace out!" cracks me up

Quote:
Well, we know what Bill Prady thinks about it, but we never heard what Chuck Lorre has to say, I must admit, I'm pretty curious, specially now, they can't be oblivious to the fact that pretty much anytime BBT is mentioned, it's also mentioned Jim and Kaley's dynamic
Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinha (View Post)
I love that he even considered the hypothesis of "lovers"

Sheldon's "Peace out!" cracks me up

Well, we know what Bill Prady thinks about it, but we never heard what Chuck Lorre has to say, I must admit, I'm pretty curious, specially now, they can't be oblivious to the fact that pretty much anytime BBT is mentioned, it's also mentioned Jim and Kaley's dynamic
Best Dynamic on the show!

What did Bill Prady say?

I love Sheldon's peace out, and Penny's hand symbol throw up.

I really love what they've done with Penny, when the show started she was just the cliched dumb blonde, but she's grown slowly and realistically, like we see her from the perspective of the guys, and I really think her interactions with Sheldon helped that.

Oooh I have another reason.

Because Well Played Penny, Well played.

Angela; tumblr;
Closed Thread   Post New Thread