Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2022, 02:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
because they're morons who don't even understand their own show or characters!!
I legit think fans would be able to write this show better than the actual writers

Quote:
omg yes that pissed me off so much. like, WHY, THEN???
everything was so pointless

Quote:
so in the comics KJ touches a 4D alien-ish object (exists in the comics but not in the show) and it shows her a glimpse of her future where she's kissing mac. and she puts two and two together pretty quickly and realizes that she's a lesbian. she then comes out to mac shortly after (in a hilarious scene) which leads to mac treating her coldly for a bit, but then they reconcile ... and kiss, eventually.
omg it sounds so different But it sounds like it's for the good? But I do like the idea of her seeing herself kiss mac

Quote:
also in the comics, KJ was the one who got her period, not erin, and it was when the girls accidentally got yeeted to the ancient past and erin and tiffany got separated from KJ and mac.
dude the period scene was SO funny I laughed out loud the entire time but I'm excited to see what all goes on with kj and mac being separated together.

Quote:
in the comics, re: mac: she never meets her family when she gets sent to the future. she just finds out from a neighbor that she died and her family moved away. and she does shoot erin just like in the show, but it's in a slightly different accident involving her drunk step-mom. also she doesn't have brain cancer (leukemia in the comics) but idk if you want me to spoil it for you.
Is it a big spoiler? Will I hate mac?

Quote:
ETA: we actually never meet future KJ in the comics, only a 40-something year old clone of her in the very very very far future. in the comics we also never find out KJ's last name! we only know her first name is karina because in the comics there used to be some fake letters to the editor at the end of every issue (mixed in with real letters from fans) where people in universe would be writing in. "Karina J" writes about being a paper girl in the 80s and mentions a daughter. it's complicated but people speculated her daughter would grow up to be doctor braunstein, who would later invent time travel.
this sounds so interesting! Could the show still cover a lot of this? assuming it gets picked up of course

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 03:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I legit think fans would be able to write this show better than the actual writers
fans could definitely write this show better ... i'm pretty sure a golden retriever could

Quote:
omg it sounds so different But it sounds like it's for the good? But I do like the idea of her seeing herself kiss mac
it's definitely a good change! comics are such a different medium and they don't really have the time and space to explore stuff as in depth as the comics. also i think the tv show was limited a bit by its budget, so they had to be more practical with stuff. it was really exciting when they DID finally kiss, cause you could see it coming!

Quote:
Is it a big spoiler? Will I hate mac?
not really a big spoiler, and no you won't hate her

Spoiler:

Quote:
this sounds so interesting! Could the show still cover a lot of this? assuming it gets picked up of course
i don't know if the show could ... i do think they mentioned braustein in the show near the end of the season, iirc. so they could at least have her, and i suspect they very much will, since it's tied into the major plot of the series and other main characters. no spoilers though.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 04:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
fans could definitely write this show better ... i'm pretty sure a golden retriever could
Sad but so very true

Quote:
it's definitely a good change! comics are such a different medium and they don't really have the time and space to explore stuff as in depth as the comics. also i think the tv show was limited a bit by its budget, so they had to be more practical with stuff. it was really exciting when they DID finally kiss, cause you could see it coming!
How many volumes and such did it have? I’ve never read comics but this sounds really fun

Quote:
not really a big spoiler, and no you won't hate her

Spoiler:
Oh good, I don’t want to hate her
Spoiler:

Quote:
i don't know if the show could ... i do think they mentioned braustein in the show near the end of the season, iirc. so they could at least have her, and i suspect they very much will, since it's tied into the major plot of the series and other main characters. no spoilers though.
I don’t remember seeing/hearing the name lol but it wouldn’t have meant anything to me at that point haha

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 04:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
How many volumes and such did it have? I’ve never read comics but this sounds really fun
it had 30 issues total

Spoiler:

Quote:
I don’t remember seeing/hearing the name lol but it wouldn’t have meant anything to me at that point haha
yeah, iirc it was said veryyyyyy quickly in passing.

also, to keep this thread on topic, i'm writing raylla wedding smut
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
it had 30 issues total
That’s not too bad!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Oh thank goodness

Quote:
yeah, iirc it was said veryyyyyy quickly in passing.
That makes sense then!

Quote:
also, to keep this thread on topic, i'm writing raylla wedding smut
Yesss I’d say that’s very on topic I can’t wait though!

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

OMG PAPER GIRLS! SO GOOD AND SO GAY.

Our girls are ACTUALLY married.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-25-2022, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I can’t wait though!
hope you like it!!

Quote:
Our girls are ACTUALLY married.
i know!! i still can't believe it!!

S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I’m sure i will! I’ve enjoyed everything you’ve put out so far!!

That video was amazing They made such a beautiful couple and I just don’t think I will, for a long time, be able to fill that void

Jordan, I can’t believe it either!!

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 06:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

i'm not sure if another ship will ever fill the void. and that's okay, for me. i am so happy i got to live in this world where they existed, that i got to see their whole story from start to finish, and that i got to see them end right where they started - happy and together and in love, for all time.

S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 06:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

That’s so true. I just keep seeing their pics and clips and even though it ended so ****ty, they still make me so happy! I can’t believe a crazy little witch show has brought out so many emotions but I’m also glad I got to enjoy them! Met some pretty cool people!

Omg I love that video! The did such an amazing job! Of course the song made it even better, if that’s possible

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah, it's really crazy the thing is that it ended ****ty, but the bar for wlw couples is so ****ing low that we can just be like and go back to enjoying them. i mean they got freaking MARRIED. and that goddess title, lol, i was just thinking that scylla would enjoy teasing raelle about that a lot, especially in bed. they just have so much good content that you can just overlook the lackluster ending, i stg.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 07:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Right lol and it’s not like one of them died to taint it or something. They were alive and married and together they had some really amazing scenes! I was watching this

and just smiling the whole time they were really so perfect.

I need to see Scylla teasing her about it with that smug little smile

Tori
Old 08-25-2022, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh my god, i can't wait to watch that.

i stg i always have to watch every video of them in full. i can't skip a single second! even though i've seen all their scenes 500000 times.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2022, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

It’s just the first two seasons, but still so good

Omg same! How can anybody skip them?!?

Tori
Old 08-26-2022, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i keep holding on that thought they got married, we got lots of kissing and even sex scenes plus they are living happily together ever after
Closed Thread   Post New Thread