Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new round - Tears on My Pillow/Tutti Frutti again.

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tutti Frutti
Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tutti Frutti this time.

Tessa&Scott /// Larry
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Call Me Irresponsible/Puttin’ On the Ritz 04-05

I like tears on my pillow/tutti frutti
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

It's funny. "Malaguena" was my first pick, but I've been sort of unofficially voting for "Russian Medley" since then. I like those two ODs ("Call Me Irresponsible" more, but the first one's just cute), but not so much that FD.

And to be fair, I'm not sure it's the FD so much as the cognitive dissonance the costumes seem to create for me, heh.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayii (View Post)
Call Me Irresponsible/Puttin’ On the Ritz 04-05

I like tears on my pillow/tutti frutti
i agree with both points.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Call Me Irresponsible/Puttin’ On the Ritz

Ahh, I love that GIFset, Gladys. Such a beautiful program.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Dark Eyes
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going for Tears on My Pillow/Tutti Frutti for this round.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Adios Adios Nonino! Poor junior tango FDs. I know they were good at those two FDs especially given their age back then, but I honestly prefer to watch their senior tango CDs than those FDs.

My third round vote: Call Me Irresponsible/Puttin’ On the Ritz 04-05 (and no I'm not copying Shayii's votes.)

I'm also sort of sentimentally attached to Tears on My Pillow/Tutti Frutti and the Russian Medley FD because for some reason, if I think of VM as juniors, it's those two programs that come to mind and not the ones that actually won them Junior Worlds. It is also real hard for me to appreciate their 2004-05 and 2005-06 programs because as mentioned earlier, they already have some sort of senior equivalents of those programs and it shows how much they have improved.

Interesting though that Dark Eyes is getting this much vote this early. I never really liked it that much, even before I knew (from their book) that VM never really liked it either or at least never really felt the music. Does the fact that Tess and Scott never liked a particular program/music effects your appreciation of a particular program? I must admit it happened to me with Malaguena.

Thanks Gladys for bringing over those Hallelujah GIFs here. If we do a lifts survivor game, will lifts from Ex numbers count? I like that simple lift. It would probably get a level 0.5 in comps but it fits the number nicely. Tessa's head on Scott's shoulders seem to imply absolute trust and faith in him. Come to think of it, Hallelujah and the theme of faith as an ex number for CSOI seems to be rather appropriate after all the doubts this season.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's funny. "Malaguena" was my first pick, but I've been sort of unofficially voting for "Russian Medley" since then. I like those two ODs ("Call Me Irresponsible" more, but the first one's just cute), but not so much that FD.
I think I'll be voting for Russian Medley after Tutti Frutti's gone. First time around I believe I rated Tutti Frutti much higher, but as adorable as baby TS are and as obvious it is that they have uber potential, they just don't look like the TS I love yet. The next year, I see a dramatic transformation, I suppose because of their coaching change.

Quote:
Interesting though that Dark Eyes is getting this much vote this early. I never really liked it that much, even before I knew (from their book) that VM never really liked it either or at least never really felt the music. Does the fact that Tess and Scott never liked a particular program/music effects your appreciation of a particular program? I must admit it happened to me with Malaguena.
Yes, it has definitely had an effect on Malaguena for me. Once i got past the kinda weird version of the music, I really did like it, how complex it was. Now I still enjoy it but I feel I can tell that they're not enjoying it. Dark Eyes has stayed the same for me, I like it as I like any of their senior stuff but it was never "classic TS" IMO.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Does the fact that Tess and Scott never liked a particular program/music effects your appreciation of a particular program? I must admit it happened to me with Malaguena.
I try not to let it effect my love for a program, though that one I was never much a fan of behorehand either.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
I try not to let it effect my love for a program, though that one I was never much a fan of behorehand either.
I also haven't really let that affect my love for a program. I absolutely love Dark Eyes for some reason (this might also have something to do with the music, I adore Roby Lakatos, and the costumes, so vibrant!). Same with Malaguena. Despite it being their least favourite program, I think they performed it so well, and it is very difficult tehnically.

Tessa&Scott /// Larry
Old 05-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gladys, where is that quote from, in your signature?

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Are we on the third round already?

I think I'm not keeping up very well. Which one was voted off the 2nd round then, Adios Nonino? (Another favorite dress of mine, if not a favorite FD).

If Tutti Frutti is still in the running, I vote for that one again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread