Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

So, episode 14 picks up a couple months later. Isn't that kinda pushing the timeline, though? Francis and Mary only have a year together. There's no way Francis is making it past season two. No way. I suspect the rest of the season will happen in about 3 months. So, that puts the timeline for the season finale at about 6 months of marriage. Francis rules as king for 6 months (all of season two), then he dies in the season 2 finale. Why are they rushing this so much? Geez.

I mean, histiorically, Francis and Mary were together for about two years of marriage. He ruled as king in his last year of marriage. Why not just write it like that?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Mary's mom dies after Francis becomes king and before Francis dies, that could be an issue too. I mean now that they have this back 9 and the next season, I hope/expect it will, time wise but not drama wise, slow down a bit.

Interesting! I was right on one of my 2 guesses as to why Bash came back to the castle!

icon: sourburst
Old 03-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Passionate Fan

The other option is that something changes Nostro's premonition thing again, and Francis actually ends up having more than 1 year with Mary. Boo to that idea.

~Katie~
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

They could have another Nost prediction, but Francis looked like he was pretty much dying in the death vision. There's a possibility that the writers are just going to do some kind of homage to the real Francis's death, and make Francis die some other way. Like, they're able to stop Francis from dying in that particular scene. If the writers wanted more time with the Francis character, they could do that. It would be kinda contrived. I think Francis dying from an ear infection is fitting. It's something none of the characters will expect.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Extreme Fan

It depends on where they travelled - it could take months with travel included, especially if they left the country.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, once I was reminded that this isn't modern day, a couple months seems understandable to me, especially when it is a queen and future king.

I just want to give Bash a hug for having to watch that disgusting spectacle..he has probably been reliving it since then, alone, in the woods.

~Katie~
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the interview guys
I'm really over Bash being pushed to the ground and belittled.. I'm so glad the promo showed the fighter in him... Watch out French Court!!

See how Francis was talking to Mary in the promo, Ugh he seriously makes me feel sick... The way he treats women is just wrong..
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I like seeing fighter Bash, but I'm worried about him because he has no political power at all. He is completely exposing himself and risking his neck if he wants to step out against Francis. Careful, Bash!

~Katie~
Old 03-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw this comment on this article and it gave me some hope.

Mash fans, don't lose hope! We all know Bash is the better man, there is no arguing that. He loves her more, and I believe in time she will love him more than Francis.
1) just because Mary and Francis are married doesn't mean it's going to be rainbows and butterflies. POLITICAL MARRIAGE.
2) the "slow burn" (Mary and Bash) generally wins out in the end. Need proof? Check basically any other show with a love triangle....
3) Toorance Coombs is billed above Toby making Bash the lead actor
4) Francis dies. It's going to happen.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
I saw this comment on this article and it gave me some hope.

Mash fans, don't lose hope! We all know Bash is the better man, there is no arguing that. He loves her more, and I believe in time she will love him more than Francis.
1) just because Mary and Francis are married doesn't mean it's going to be rainbows and butterflies. POLITICAL MARRIAGE.
2) the "slow burn" (Mary and Bash) generally wins out in the end. Need proof? Check basically any other show with a love triangle....
3) Toorance Coombs is billed above Toby making Bash the lead actor
4) Francis dies. It's going to happen.

I've pretty much lost hope but I will not abandon this ship!!

AND LAURIE!!!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Extreme Fan

MORE MOTIVATION, THIS ONE IS GOOD. I'll put it behind the cut because it's long!

Spoiler:

(From here)
Old 03-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure I want too much motivation. I am excited to see bash stand alone. He is much sexier when he is not trailing a woman.

"I shouldn't be here, this is a den of iniquity! -Castiel
Old 03-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Did you guys see the extended scene? I watched it. Basically just more...movement. The scene where Mary looks at Bash is extended a tiny bit; after she looks at him, she looks down, ashamed. There is more emotion in her reaction, anyway. The Fraries are liking the sex, but disliking her expression.

Jeesh, there is a lot of Bash hate going on with Fraries over the 1x14 promo. I don't get it. They got pretty much everything they wanted..

I like that long analysis. I'm really looking forward to Bash' storyline coming up as well. I'm also curious to see how the FM marriage pans out. I think there will be lots of love, but I also think we'll continue to see Francis' darker side. As far as Adelaide's face when she told Bash she loved Francis more: Yes, I would have loved for her to be more obviously choked up. But I think she was pretty choked up and she was holding herself together, you could tell when she told Bash not to say anymore about how good he would have treated her. () She probably left immediately afterwards so she wouldn't cry in front of him, and to be kinder to Bash.

What WAS done terribly was her immediately running into Francis' arms. That was in very poor taste.

~Katie~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread