Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
YES! I love that scene SO much. You can FEEL the awkwardness and the tension there. The way she keeps stealing glances, almost as if begging him to acknowledge her/them.

No, she was definitely not a tool. She offered him her car and her help and Jason took it. The rest was just luck. if he really needed answers from her he'd have asked them in the car or the diner, but he was simply taking the help she offered.

Yess, I love how he immediately went after Nicky after the explosion and is it just me or did he look a little panicked when he didn't find her there? I also love how she broke her cell phone into pieces. That sort of worked as a little crumb trail for him.
Totally! Her expression just makes you wanna say something to Jason, "talk to her!"

That's what I love about their dynamic in Ultimatum, it's no longer a "game" of answer-me-or-you-die, now it's become this crazy adventure where they both need one another's help, and they're really the only people they have who they can trust. And speaking of, I wonder if Bourne has come to trust her finally? It's always intrigued me to know how much he might trust her, I mean he should on a big level already considering all that Nicky has done for him and because of him.

I was so excited watching that scene in the theather - watching Jason race after Desh to keep him from getting to Nicky, and saving her life - I just started loving the idea of Jason and Nicky even more thanks to those scenes.

Quote:
This is a proof of how good an actor Matt Damon is. Both he and Julia were PERFECT during that scene. They managed to pass on just the perfect feelings/expressions. You can SEE Jason's brain processing the information and his expression changing as he realized what she may have meant.
That's exactly what I've always thought! It's absolutely amazing watching his face transform, so to speak. I'm left fascinated every time I watch that scene, and I watch it A LOT. Matt and Julia work off of one another very well in their scenes together.

Quote:
The big problem is, Jason had a lot to deal with Marie's death and wether we like it or not, he doesn't remember Nicky. Another relationship certainly wasn't something he wasn't ready/couldn't/was not the time to deal with. He had a lot more pressing matters on his mind. He realizes what she did for him, and I'm hoping that on the 4th movie there will be something.
Yeah I'm actually glad they didn't give us anything between Jason and Nicky; I like how they were implying certain things and yet remaining ambiguous at the same time. I don't think the audience would've appreciated Bourne with another woman so soon after Marie's death. I'm happy with the glimses we did get, and like you I hope we'll get an elaboration of some sort come the fourth film.

Quote:
I do like very much what they said in the extras of Bourne Ultimatum, how Jason ran against the clock to save Nicky, to do for her what he couldn't do for Marie. IMO, that's sort of like being on the same level, both girls.
IA. I love that they said that, it makes me ponder "what if?" or "what else might Jason do for Nicky?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84sjdru (View Post)
ahhhhhh the bus scene almost totally made me cry, they were looking at each other and as u said they wanted to say something but nothing came out. i really felt sad that he put Nicky on that bus shipping her to wherever... i so wanted her to stay with him
I was so frustrated at how little was said, but at the same time I really love and appreciate the expressions, the looks in their eyes and on their faces - a lot of times that says more than words ever could.

---

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote every thing, but I love these two so much that I can't stop myself from gushing/discussing.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff

Last edited by Full Hearts; 07-10-2009 at 07:35 PM
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

no problem with quoteing many stuff and stating ur thoughts,
anyway u do bring up a good question ''''''''''''how much does Bourne trust Nicky now''''''''''''''''' i personally think that he does in a way coz she did throw her life away to help him and when Jason was telling Nicky that he can still ''''see faces of everyone he has ever killed'''' he was shareing something kind of personal and he could not just tell anyboady but in a way he trusted Nicky and talked to her about what he was feeling like he was vanerable in a way.

Jason & Nicky.......................Danny & Lindsay
Old 07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

You make a good point. That's another reason why I love that scene so much, is the fact that he's opening up to someone a little bit, and becoming vulnerable despite being the trained assassin Jason Bourne who always has everything in check - though at this point it's different because he wants to escape that assassin part of himself, he wants answers, and then he wants to leave that all behind. It's nice seeing him having some non-violent human contact for once, and I'm glad it was with Nicky.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

i know right, he doesnt normally talk that much, but i'm glad he talked to Nicky and opened up a bit about whats his feeling. as u said it does kind of show his human side not an assasin and it does show in a way he does care for Nicky coz he doesnt want anything to happen to her when Desh was after her. i love that scene in Morrocco its my fav part of the movie. and the way he looks at the place she was sitting and she wasnt there. u know when i watching the movie for the first time i was like is Bourne gonna reach and save Nicky before Desh comes

Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was very on-the-edge-of-your-seat-waiting-to-see-what-would-happen.

When Desh knocked her to the ground, I felt terrible for Nicky. And then when Jason had managed to knock him out in the bathroom, I was surprised to see that Nicky had regained consciousness and was standing there looking at what had just occured, I guess because my brain was willing to let itself go down the cliche road where Bourne would run back into the main area and check to see whether or not she was Ok. But I'm glad it was different than how I expected, they avoided all cliches and I'm so glad about that.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

i also thought the same thing that Nicky would not wake up after Desh knoked her out. i was like after the fight Bourne would come and check her but shes still passed out so he carries her back to their hotel but boy was i wrong lol

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Guess we both were. It's so sweet though how he's just sitting there back in the motel room, letting Nicky get him a towel as he sits there and waits. She's taking care of him and he's letting her, too tired to do it himself.

Sadly I must sign off for today. Goodnight JD.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

goodnight talk 2 u later i might as well go to bed it midnight in like 3mins lol

Old 07-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Her expression just makes you wanna say something to Jason, "talk to her!"
Oh God i know!! I was like jasonnn please say something to her!!

Quote:
now it's become this crazy adventure where they both need one another's help, and they're really the only people they have who they can trust. And speaking of, I wonder if Bourne has come to trust her finally? It's always intrigued me to know how much he might trust her.
Yes! I love how it became them against the CIA. Nicky's help was really valuable, specially with her skills. Marie knew nothing (granted, she was just an ordinary Joe -Jane? lol) and Nicky had at least some CIA training/acknowledge. I still love so much how she was the one driving when they left the Madri safehouse (and drove mighty well may I add! Worthy of a true fugitive LOL)

I think he does trust her, maybe not ENTIRELY but he realizes what she did for him. She risked her life to help him, she's on the run because she helped him, so he's gotta trust her at least on some degree. And him running against the clock to save her from Desh and revealing those things to her near the end are good proofs of that, I think. He really showed her how vulnerable he was/could be. He wouldn't do that with just anybody. What she told him in the diner certainly had a good impact on him.

Quote:
don't think the audience would've appreciated Bourne with another woman so soon after Marie's death. I'm happy with the glimses we did get, and like you I hope we'll get an elaboration of some sort come the fourth film
Yeah, I agree, specially b/c a lot of people are book/jason/marie fans. And because another romance would be unrealistic. The way they dropped that bomb (so to speak) was amazing. It WAS very unexpected and they gave us a lot to work with. There's so much that can happen in the 4th movie b/c of it.

Okay, you guys talk about Jason and his non violent side. That's sort of what I always imagined a relationship with Nicky would be. While they were in Paris and Jason had to kill, being with Nicky would be the only time for him when he could really feel something, could really let go of that "spy" life and be just human/normal.

And I also really love how Nicky was doing everything on her own (cutting her hair, dying it, etc), very different from Marie, including going to Jason with the wet towel and comforting him. I like how they made both woman complete opposites.

Wow long reply much? That's what I get for coming late to the party!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh God i know!! I was like jasonnn please say something to her!!

i know right he was just standing there and didnt say anything. i think he probablly wanted to say something to her but nothing come to his mouth.

Yes! I love how it became them against the CIA. Nicky's help was really valuable, specially with her skills. Marie knew nothing (granted, she was just an ordinary Joe -Jane? lol) and Nicky had at least some CIA training/acknowledge. I still love so much how she was the one driving when they left the Madri safehouse (and drove mighty well may I add! Worthy of a true fugitive LOL)

i loved that too, they were both on the run from the CIA. Yea i agree Nicky had the skills and info which Bourne needed like she had to harke the CIA systems, shes pretty good with comnputers. But Marie on the other hand knew nothing of that kind. Nicky the one driving i so loved that too. i was like is that Nicky driving or Bourne coz seriouslly Nicky is one awesome driver (i wonder where she learnt how to drive like that)

What she told him in the diner certainly had a good impact on him.

Yea it did, did u see how his face changed when she said that,,,and i was sad when he said he doesnt remember anything and my poor Nicky she just couldnt look at his face no more coz maybe it hurts her that he doesnt remember what they hard:

And because another romance would be unrealistic. The way they dropped that bomb (so to speak) was amazing. It WAS very unexpected and they gave us a lot to work with. There's so much that can happen in the 4th movie b/c of it.

i agree a new romance wouldnt make sence coz Marie just died soon and it woulnt be "realistic"' as u said. And coz of the ''bomb shell'' they droped on us that will so help for the 4th movie, maybe they will set it 2 years after Bourne Ultimatum just like they did with the ''Bourne Supremency'' coz that way two years can be enough healing so that they can move on. If they set it after sometime it also wouldnt be a bad idea becoz the CIA cant just back in hunting Bourne again becoz he did coz to much damage to the CIA with the unvealing of '''Blackbierer''

Okay, you guys talk about Jason and his non violent side. That's sort of what I always imagined a relationship with Nicky would be. While they were in Paris and Jason had to kill, being with Nicky would be the only time for him when he could really feel something, could really let go of that "spy" life and be just human

i so agree, its like Nicky is the escape from the '''spy'' life and he could atleast be normal in a way and maybe talk 2 her.

And I also really love how Nicky was doing everything on her own (cutting her hair, dying it, etc), very different from Marie, including going to Jason with the wet towel and comforting him. I like how they made both woman complete opposites.

i know right they are the complete opposite. Nicky tend to do her own stuff coz maybe she is used to being independent.

Wow long reply much? That's what I get for coming late to the party!

Mine is pretty long too now, lol anyway we did miss u yesterday hope 2 chat with u later and by the way how is the new chapter of ''CHANGE'' coming along coz i cant wait for it

Last edited by 84sjdru; 07-11-2009 at 09:59 AM
Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

It's coming along nicely i think LOL. I have 1/4 of it done, but should have a whole half done soon. There's a car chase going on next chapter and that's what I1m having major issues with. After that is done the chapter should be nice and dandy and ready to be posted (may take a long while tho lol)
Old 07-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's coming along nicely i think LOL. I have 1/4 of it done, but should have a whole half done soon. There's a car chase going on next chapter and that's what I1m having major issues with. After that is done the chapter should be nice and dandy and ready to be posted (may take a long while tho lol)
No rush i dont wanna pressure u, lol. a car chase i cant wait i love action and the car chases coz Bourne cant be Bourne without a car chase

Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

guess what guys i'm watching the Bourne Ultimatum for the billionth time, this movie for me never gets old what can i say lol

Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84sjdru (View Post)
guess what guys i'm watching the Bourne Ultimatum for the billionth time, this movie for me never gets old what can i say lol
Lool!
Can't say I blame you. I've seen it millions of times as well and I just don't watch it more often cos now it seems to drive my dad crazy!
It's a great movie and it's the one where you really see some good Nicky/Jason scenes! There is just so much great tension between them and it made me be on the edge of my seat just waiting for more scenes between them!

eta - not really on topic, but I love your icon!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me too, SO MUCH! I always get all excited when Vosen tells them that once they're done with Daniels, to send the asset after them, and you see their profiles pop up and it's like "It's on!"

Wait...NICKY was the one driving?! I gave up a long time ago trying to decipher who was driving, that sequence moves so fast and I decided to assume it was Jason who was doing that driving. But that is amazing! Seriously love Nicky even more now!

Quote:
I think he does trust her, maybe not ENTIRELY but he realizes what she did for him. She risked her life to help him, she's on the run because she helped him, so he's gotta trust her at least on some degree. And him running against the clock to save her from Desh and revealing those things to her near the end are good proofs of that, I think. He really showed her how vulnerable he was/could be. He wouldn't do that with just anybody. What she told him in the diner certainly had a good impact on him.
IA with everything; he wouldn't open up to her if on some level he felt like it wasn't right, that he shouldn't do it because she might use it against him, the opposite of what occured.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, specially b/c a lot of people are book/jason/marie fans. And because another romance would be unrealistic. The way they dropped that bomb (so to speak) was amazing. It WAS very unexpected and they gave us a lot to work with. There's so much that can happen in the 4th movie b/c of it.
Yeah they gotta consider them obviously, but with Nicky's declaration a lot can be done with that - hopefully they won't disappoint in Bourne 4.

Quote:
Okay, you guys talk about Jason and his non violent side. That's sort of what I always imagined a relationship with Nicky would be. While they were in Paris and Jason had to kill, being with Nicky would be the only time for him when he could really feel something, could really let go of that "spy" life and be just human/normal.
Oh totally! She's really the only person he would see who he didn't have to deal with in a violent manner, so that at least allowed some of his more human side to reside with him even as his training and assignments would've started taking its toll.

Quote:
YES! I absolutely adore that scene where Jason comes through the hallway and stops at the bathroom door, pausing when he sees Nicky has dyed and cut her hair - from the first instant the water ran down the tap along with the dye, I was reminded of Marie dying her hair, and I'm sure the rest of the audience remembered that scene in Identity as well where Jason is helping her - you realize how different it is this time around, which was most likely Greengrass' intent from the get-go.

Speaking of Nicky dying and cutting her own hair, I have to add something else and say that I am so appreciative of the fact that there was absolutely no cliches (might not be the right word for all instances, but all the same..) in the film whatsoever. Nicky didn't stay unconcious from Desh's blow to her, so Jason didn't have to "tend" to her, take care of her, etc. And then in the motel room, Nicky gave him the towel, there was no shameless help offered or initiative taken in cleaning up his wounds for him.

And despite what many people may have thought might happen (most movies do have romance of some sort, after all, even those with an amnesiac assassin who cannot remember his past ), there was no meaningless one-night stand. I think the fact that I was teased so much through all the Jason/Nicky scenes throughout Ultimatum, how little happened yet how much could have been revealed and happened, just left me wanting more. I hope some more audience members felt the same way and will be intrigued by what could possibly happen with Jason should he remember more about his past as an operative, and his past with Nicky Parsons.

Quote:
Wow long reply much? That's what I get for coming late to the party!!
I'll warn you girls now already: You're bound to see many-a-long post from me whenever I come in here. Speaking for myself, I have to say that I LOVE coming back here and having a lot to read, it's exciting and fun.

"Change" is definitely one of my most favorite Jason/Nicky fics out there. It's brilliant and I cannot WAIT for the next chapter!

Btw, have you girls read "When Venus and Mars Collide?"

ETA:
Quote:
Can't say I blame you. I've seen it millions of times as well and I just don't watch it more often cos now it seems to drive my dad crazy!
That's too bad about your dad. I've been talking about watching the Bourne movies at work, and the ladies just shake their heads at me, not understanding how I could be into that. Which I kind of understand I guess, because usually I wouldn't really watch or be into a movie/movies like that as much as these...but most often it comes down to a couple for me that I'm just insanely intrigued with. I'm completely sold then! And Bourne is kickass, what's not to love about a character like that right?

Last edited by Full Hearts; 07-11-2009 at 06:56 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread