Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi girls!

Can I just tell you all that I had an amazing time this past weekend. Meeting so many lovely X-Philes was awesome and then attending the X-Files sneak peek at the LA Film Fest was just awesome.

Here's a pic of David in his awesome yummy self

David, Frank and Chris were so funny, especially David. We were shown 2 trailers, which I know you, lol, I wont go to into detail since you've all seen the videos, but ask away and I'll answer as much as I can remember cause I'm still a bit hyped so my brain isn't uite stable yet...I'm only seeing visions of David

BTW, when is our next viewing party? Sat or Sun?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Holy crap, KAren I didn't know you went

How was it???

And what were those clips like in person?? It's hard to get a feel from the vidoe. Ohand what did you make of the whole CC "will the shippers be happy resonse??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
I know, aside from them showing FTF a few times a couple of weeks ago there's been nothing. I've also noticed that the all day marathons on SciFi haven't been on in some time, it use to be that every 2 weeks they'd have one.
I noticed that, too. It's a bummer cause those marathons were always fun.

Quote:
The other scene.
OKay, no I didn't notice if it was cut off or not. Sorry
Old 06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

lol, yeah, that's why I couldn't make it this past weekend to the viewing party, which ended up working out since we didn't have one, lol.

Well, the whole thing was such an experience, undescribable, but when the question was asked everyone waited for a response, to me Chris was being Chris, period. But then we got the response from David and Frank and the whole place went wild, lol. I have complete faith in David and Frank, lol, they haven't let us down in the past.

As far as the MS clip, I saw it as Mulder and Scully being Mulder and Scully. The scene was angsty and intense. We did get the shocker of what Scully said, but it let us know where Mulder is with that phase of his life. Then we had the shocker of Mulder's response, which I took worse than Scully's. Still, I think it was his way of baiting, that aspect of him hasn't changed. All in all though I think it lets us know the level of their relationship as well. I guess I have analyzed it and this is how I wanna see it

wow, but seeing the clips on a giant screen in a beautiful theatre with other X-Philes and David, Frank and Chris = Priceless.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Then we had the shocker of Mulder's response, which I took worse than Scully's.
Really, I was all yes Mulder is back. I totally loved it. The Scully quote just made me mad at her, how could she say that to him. Just open up that wound again and pour salt into it why don't you Scully.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Then we had the shocker of Mulder's response, which I took worse than Scully's.

Really, I was all yes Mulder is back. I totally loved it. The Scully quote just made me mad at her, how could she say that to him. Just open up that wound again and pour salt into it why don't you Scully.

They're both definitely back, yet somehow I have a feeling Mulder has had a tougher time coping, if that's the word.
I don't know if the clips you all have seen are complete (complete in the sence of what was shown), but the conversation is angsty and truely emotional from the get go and Mulder seems a bit snapped.
(lol, ok, I don't want to over analyze, I promised myself I wouldn't do it especially from a snippet of a scene).

Spoiler:

The group I was with took some good videos, we just have to wait till they get home and post em. Although I'm sure the complete vid scene should pop up somewhere, lol.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. I think I need to reaffirm my membership in MSAM because I didn't even hesitate when I looked at that spoiler.

Thanks for it Karen. And I'm glad you had a good time and am super jealous that you got to be there in person.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen29 (View Post)
They're both definitely back, yet somehow I have a feeling Mulder has had a tougher time coping, if that's the word.
I don't know if the clips you all have seen are complete (complete in the sence of what was shown), but the conversation is angsty and truely emotional from the get go and Mulder seems a bit snapped.
(lol, ok, I don't want to over analyze, I promised myself I wouldn't do it especially from a snippet of a scene).

Spoiler:
someone posted all the clip on YouTube.

Spoiler:
Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Uh, I'm going to put all discussion of the clip in spoiler tags, just to be on the safe side. This is nothing new - just more spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen29
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

[b]Karen, that is so awesome that you got to go! Glad that you had a good time, even though I am super-jealous!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that info, Karen I'm so happy for you that you got to go and experience that. Makes me wish I still lived in LA

And as far as you guys were saying about the M/S scene

Spoiler:

Victoria, I think your MSAM membership is safe. I don't feel like those spoilers were all that spoilery And really, they're official movie clips so it's not like what we went through with Pirates where all the spoilers we knew were just some a-hole making things up. So I think your membership is safe

Did everyone check out the updated official site?? Some awesome new pics. They can't be linked or saved so you just have to go look. There's an awesome PERFECT shot of Scully giving Mulder the "you've got to be kidding me look" and there's a M/S shot that's
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Arista* (View Post)
Spoiler:

Yeah, I think
Spoiler:
Old 06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I wish I could see those pics, but I just tried the official site and I think it hates me and my sucky slow connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanith75
Yeah, I think
Spoiler:
Right. I read a fic a few weeks ago that had an idea about this. In a nutshell, (I don't think this is the route the movie is going, but spoiler tags JIC)
Spoiler:

ETA: Oh yeah, I also meant to mention that
Spoiler:

Last edited by *Arista*; 06-24-2008 at 08:10 PM
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Since this day is practically over I'd like to take this opportunity to say...

ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT!!!!

Carry on.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I have reminded my hubbie of that like 100 times today

Isn't it crazy it's getting so close!!!!!!!!

And yeah that
Spoiler:
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello

Spoiler:

One month, AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

But 30 days.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot to say, Arista, that fic makes a lot of sense to me, I'd love reading it, do you have a link? Also, I love reading your posts
Closed Thread   Post New Thread