Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I did notice that there were several older stories that were updated recently. Awesome. I also noticed some recent stories have still not been updated either.

Don't feel bad, Michelle. I read "Mic" and forgot to review. I didn't read it at work but my distraction came in the form of a needy toddler. But as always, great job, Lemon.

Oh, Lemon, b/c my email is being an idiot right now, I've tried responding to yours earlier, but since you're right here I'll just say it here: Just wanted to let you know I did get it and I will take a look at it. I'm not quite sure when. Maybe I'll glance at it briefly before bed; I'll try to get you notes by this weekend. Is that okay?
No hurry. I'm working on open mirc chap 2 now. won't get back to that new story for a few days anyway...just wanted to be sure after the email snafu from earlier in the week. Did her procedure go okay?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
No hurry. I'm working on open mirc chap 2 now. won't get back to that new story for a few days anyway...just wanted to be sure after the email snafu from earlier in the week. Did her procedure go okay?
I saw your message just as I posted mine so then I went back and edited my previous one. Don't want you to think I was ignoring this post. I'm lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste. Sorry.

I did notice that there were several older stories that were updated recently. Awesome. I also noticed some recent stories have still not been updated either.

Don't feel bad, Michelle. I read "Mic" and forgot to review. I didn't read it at work but my distraction came in the form of a needy toddler. But as always, great job, Lemon.

Oh, Lemon, b/c my email is being an idiot right now, I've tried responding to yours earlier, but since you're right here I'll just say it here: Just wanted to let you know I did get it and I will take a look at it. I'm not quite sure when. Maybe I'll glance at it briefly before bed; I'll try to get you notes by this weekend. Is that okay?

We cancelled my niece's surgery because of the nasty weather; it'll be next Tuesday instead. She's still down in the mouth, as they say, in the meantime. And still my second, third and fourth shadow. Hehe. Love her. Thank you for asking.

Luv, glad you could make it! And I hope that things have calmed down and your sister is doing well.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sparrowhawke just left you a rather fun review
Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I saw your message just as I posted mine so then I went back and edited my previous one. Don't want you to think I was ignoring this post. I'm lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste. Sorry.

We cancelled my niece's surgery because of the nasty weather; it'll be next Tuesday instead. She's still down in the mouth, as they say, in the meantime. And still my second, third and fourth shadow. Hehe. Love her. Thank you for asking.

Luv, glad you could make it! And I hope that things have calmed down and your sister is doing well.
OK, it is taking me forever to post anything tonight. I did see the updates as well. I'm so happy that some people are coming back to the fold.

And yes, I know...I'm one of those non-updaters. Not to make excuses, but I got really sick this past week. It was miserable. I finally got to the doctor's today, so I have antibiotics now to combat this...yay!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
OK, it is taking me forever to post anything tonight. I did see the updates as well. I'm so happy that some people are coming back to the fold.

And yes, I know...I'm one of those non-updaters. Not to make excuses, but I got really sick this past week. It was miserable. I finally got to the doctor's today, so I have antibiotics now to combat this...yay!
Jeez, Ice. Are you okay? Please feel better. And that is actually a pretty legitimate excuse. Don't feel bad about it. Just concentrate on getting better.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Sparrowhawke just left you a rather fun review
That was awesome. Sparrowhawke rocks!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That was awesome. Sparrowhawke rocks!
Aw shucks Lemon you're 50 shades of awesome
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the lovely shout-outs for me and my sister. She's doing better, still in a lot of pain, but far better than she was even days ago.

Sorry I'm late. I've been fighting with the site...it seems to hate me tonight. Already deleted my comments on the fics once. *grumbles* I'm going to try one more time...from now on I'm going to have to save these in a word file.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah thanks, Irish, I'm fine. I think the worst of the illness is behind me. But this site just hates me tonight.

Thessie, are you out there? I'm going to post next week's story's but, uh, you're one of them. Just wanted to put that out there. LOL
Old 01-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah thanks, Irish, I'm fine. I think the worst of the illness is behind me. But this site just hates me tonight.

Thessie, are you out there? I'm going to post next week's story's but, uh, you're one of them. Just wanted to put that out there. LOL
I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Sorry you guys are having issues with the site..it usually hates me, but we seem to be getting along tonight.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Sorry you guys are having issues with the site..it usually hates me, but we seem to be getting along tonight.
We're the exact opposites tonight, Michelle. Usually I don't have problems here, but tonight, it's taking a few minutes to get anything to post.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
We're the exact opposites tonight, Michelle. Usually I don't have problems here, but tonight, it's taking a few minutes to get anything to post.
Tech trouble seems to be prevalent tonight. My computer just went wonky. I have no idea if I'll hold out. If not, I'll say bye now and hope everyone has a great week ahead.

Ice- happy that you are on the other side of being sick. Quick recovery. And I can't wait for next week's list of stories; especially if Luv is going to be featured.

Luv - so glad to hear that things have calmed down and your sister is on the mend.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

In case anyone still wants my thoughts on the fics, messy and scattered though they may be...

One of my stories Ice? Oh dear...

The Hot Springs
Chapter One: I love the idea of all that wet, naked Monroe goodness strutting out of the springs and Charlie just stuck there...staring and...likely fantasizing all the naughty things she wants to do to him. It's sweet that Bass's first thought is that something's wrong and he checks to make sure she's all right, and that he's willing to do anything to help her. I'm a bit stuck on the fact that he's standing there naked through everything though, haha. Charlie is able to verbalize far better than I would in her position. I love that he wants to be the one to protect her for the rest of his life...so lovely. I like the anticipation that's hanging between them.

Chapter Two: I like the idea of them left alone with all this time together and all the flirting that's happening. Charlie's reaction to acceptance of the need to end an enemy completely was a bit sad, but necessary. Poor lost Charlie with all the death and killing...and Bass is the only one to really see it and try and offer help. I love how Charlie just stalks out of the water and goes for it. Bass is so sad with all the loss, but I love that he realizes he can be something good for Charlie. And then it ended...with the mention of more smut...but then nothing! This was like false advertisement...or some other analogy I'm too tired to figure out. Ugh! All that tension...and all we get is, 'Together that night they were magnificent'?! I wanna read all about the magnificence. I kept hoping the rating was wrong. Total bummer that. Anyway, there is more to fic than smut (really?), and this was a good little two-shot. This writer was really talented and it's a shame they never wrote more.

Fractures
I love the sarcasm and snark between these two. Lovesrogue is so good at the interplay between characters. Interesting how easy and tactile they are with each other, how unsure of the situation Charlie is and how Bass tries to reassure and comfort her. Underneath it all is a growing tension and some caring. The flashbacks were fine...but I could have done without them just as easily. Love how easy it is for her to climb into bed with him and the angst between them with the conversation about what/why they're sleeping with each other. The smut was great. The emotions and the play with the brand and his burn...all so good. The fact that Charlie wanted an orgasm more than she wanted her ribs set was all kinds of hilarious...priorities and all that. Bass does care about her, which is very sweet. And then Miles at the end *sighs* although I do love Charlie told him to basically stuff it. The pay off at the end with Charlie admitting there was more to her and Monroe, that she was sick of pretending was a great way to end it. I really enjoyed this one.

Intermission
This was a short, nice little piece. I love that everyone thinks Monroe's taken and that Charlie just can't help herself being drawn to watch the man fight...and he can't help but tense up with the knowledge that she's there watching him. The snippet of Charlie fussing over him...so adorable. Charlie's a distraction, but once she leaves the tent, Monroe wins and is instantly outside all over her -- pretty humorous how aware they are of each other. The smut was hella hot and the bits of tender mixed in with all the sarcasm was very realistic. As was her resignation of the situation at the end.

The Lady and the Tiger
I love this fic, and it has long been a favorite of mine. Their snarky barbs are fantastic, but Corycides is always wonderful with that...although the image of Rachel's hairy legs was a bit much. Charlie getting off to thoughts of General Monroe...it's hot, but twisted. Their kiss was yummy, and I love that they were both into it, that Bass was trembly...and then he licked her...just so good. The tension! I have to mention how much I enjoy it when Charloe get to do something normal, like dance. Even if they are undercover and all that, it's just the idea of the two of them dancing. I like the mention of the zoo animals, because they had to end up somewhere. Are there populations of wild animals roving the countryside? And then Monroe busting in and going crazy because the guy attacked Charlie, and her being able to talk him down...yes. Can I just say that I love Charlie shoving that man into the cage with the tiger? The line when Bass says, ‘I’m an old monster, Charlie. All I’ve got are regrets and Mathesons.’...that's so true and completely tragic. The smut was gorgeous and I liked the bit about him not finding his lost child inside her. The end was bittersweet, but there was a hint of tenderness in there. This is just excellent. I've missed Cory's writing and I'm glad that she's written/updated a couple things recently. Now she just has to finish 'In Name Only', I'm a bit obsessed with that one.

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 01-27-2015 at 09:02 PM
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
In case anyone still wants my thoughts on the fics, messy and scattered though they may be...

One of my stories Ice? Oh dear...

The Hot Springs
Chapter One: I love the idea of all that wet, naked Monroe goodness strutting out of the springs and Charlie just stuck there...staring and...likely fantasizing all the naughty things she wants to do to him. It's sweet that Bass's first thought is that something's wrong and he checks to make sure she's all right, and that he's willing to do anything to help her. I'm a bit stuck on the fact that he's standing there naked through everything though, haha. Charlie is able to verbalize far better than I would in her position. I love that he wants to be the one to protect her for the rest of his life...so lovely. I like the anticipation that's hanging between them.

Chapter Two: I like the idea of them left alone with all this time together and all the flirting that's happening. Charlie's reaction to acceptance of the need to end an enemy completely was a bit sad, but necessary. Poor lost Charlie with all the death and killing...and Bass is the only one to really see it and try and offer help. I love how Charlie just stalks out of the water and goes for it. Bass is so sad with all the loss, but I love that he realizes he can be something good for Charlie. And then it ended...with the mention of more smut...but then nothing! This was like false advertisement...or some other analogy I'm too tired to figure out. Ugh! All that tension...and all we get is, 'Together that night they were magnificent'?! I wanna read all about the magnificence. I kept hoping the rating was wrong. Total bummer that. Anyway, there is more to fic than smut (really?), and this was a good little two-shot. This writer was really talented and it's a shame they never wrote more.

Fractures
I love the sarcasm and snark between these two. Lovesrogue is so good at the interplay between characters. Interesting how easy and tactile they are with each other, how unsure of the situation Charlie is and how Bass tries to reassure and comfort her. Underneath it all is a growing tension and some caring. The flashbacks were fine...but I could have done without them just as easily. Love how easy it is for her to climb into bed with him and the angst between them with the conversation about what/why they're sleeping with each other. The smut was great. The emotions and the play with the brand and his burn...all so good. The fact that Charlie wanted an orgasm more than she wanted her ribs set was all kinds of hilarious...priorities and all that. Bass does care about her, which is very sweet. And then Miles at the end *sighs* although I do love Charlie told him to basically stuff it. The pay off at the end with Charlie admitting there was more to her and Monroe, that she was sick of pretending was a great way to end it. I really enjoyed this one.

Intermission
This was a short, nice little piece. I love that everyone thinks Monroe's taken and that Charlie just can't help herself being drawn to watch the man fight...and he can't help but tense up with the knowledge that she's there watching him. The snippet of Charlie fussing over him...so adorable. Charlie's a distraction, but once she leaves the tent, Monroe wins and is instantly outside all over her -- pretty humorous how aware they are of each other. The smut was hella hot and the bits of tender mixed in with all the sarcasm was very realistic. As was her resignation of the situation at the end.

The Lady and the Tiger
I love this fic, and it has long been a favorite of mine. Their snarky barbs are fantastic, but Corycides is always wonderful with that...although the image of Rachel's hairy legs was a bit much. Charlie getting off to thoughts of General Monroe...it's hot, but twisted. Their kiss was yummy, and I love that they were both into it, that Bass was trembly...and then he licked her...just so good. The tension! I have to mention how much I enjoy it when Charloe get to do something normal, like dance. Even if they are undercover and all that, it's just the idea of the two of them dancing. I like the mention of the zoo animals, because they had to end up somewhere. Are there populations of wild animals roving the countryside? And then Monroe busting in and going crazy because the guy attacked Charlie, and her being able to talk him down...yes. Can I just say that I love Charlie shoving that man into the cage with the tiger? The line when Bass says, ‘I’m an old monster, Charlie. All I’ve got are regrets and Mathesons.’...that's so true and completely tragic. The smut was gorgeous and I liked the bit about him not finding his lost child inside her. The end was bittersweet, but there was a hint of tenderness in there. This is just excellent. I've missed Cory's writing and I'm glad that she's written/updated a couple things recently. Now she just has to finish 'In Name Only', I'm a bit obsessed with that one.
Nice thoughts, Thessie. And glad that your sister is at least a bit better. And yes, one of yours has popped up again. It's Just Like Meteor Showers, so hoping that's OK?
Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Nice thoughts, Thessie. And glad that your sister is at least a bit better. And yes, one of yours has popped up again. It's Just Like Meteor Showers, so hoping that's OK?
I agree. Wonderful comments Al.

I love how the one thing we all loved was the naked scene. Clearly fan fic - and hell, the world - needs more naked Bass in it. **sigh**

Yes Ice...Where are the stories? Did I miss them?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread