Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Vanessa sucks! Worst character on TV besides for Tess on Roswell.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hated Tess, but Vanessa is way worse in my book. She's the worst ever for me.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're sort of similar, ya know? Come in the middle of S1 to shake things up, break up main couples, (Max\Liz & Dan\Serena) have no other life real besides just being their to break up the couple but you see at least with Max\Liz we knew they were a main couple. Now, since V has sunk her venom into Nate\Jenny and they're not a main, it's not as easy to just believe that they'll come back as quickly from this as Max\Liz did. Gosh, at least I liked Tess w/ Kyle. Vanessa has no redeeming qualities. Waste of space, waste of screen time just get her off my screen S!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're right. I hated her with Kyle too. Kyle was my favorite character and I didn't want her anywhere near him.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Vanessa is way worse for me than Tess, because she was mostly always written with the purpose of trying to come between Max/Liz and even when they tried to make her separate it didn’t work. It was evident that no one warmed up to her so they thought they would kill two birds with one stone (Colin leaving/explanation for Alex’s death, her non existent popularity) by using her.

Vanessa is too forced on us and NV even more so. They are trying to make it like it’s a love story and it just isn’t. I don’t see any feelings or love or anything between NV. As for Vanessa the character, I guess at the start on paper she seemed like she could be good, but IMO the writing is flat & Jessica hasn't been able to lift the material (my opinion) Just to give an example, when I think of the original Haley on OTH, the one before Joy, I don’t think I would have loved the Haley character and NH if she had stayed on. Jessica has no chemistry with Chase.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
the one before Joy, I don’t think I would have loved the Haley character and NH if she had stayed on.
Oh my gosh I remember watching the original Haley do those scenes with CMM! It was just god awful, did nothing for me at all. I think Bethany definitely elevated the material, brought life to the character and I think her and CMM have really great chemistry. I love their friendship on the show.

Ya, I can never feel sorry for Vanessa when all they ever try to do is make us feel sorry for her. I don't pity her, I don't care about her, I don't feel bad for her, there's just nothing. No emotional attachment to her what so ever. & ya, NV is just ridiculous like gah don't even get me into it. I don't know how people ship them. I can usually try and understand other ships that oppose mine but not this one.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

You mean when Haley was Reagen?

Quote:
NV is just ridiculous like gah don't even get me into it. I don't know how people ship them. I can usually try and understand other ships that oppose mine but not this one.
Me either. It's the one ship where I actually question a person's sanity. Seriously! I can understand why people like Snape/Aragog (that's a giant spider for non HP fans and yes I've seen fic with that "pairing" before ) more than N///V.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No emotional attachment to her what so ever.
Exactly my issue with the Vanessa character.

I consider myself pretty open to different ships opinions and rarely hate couples, but I just hate, hate, hate NV. I don't get. it. at. all.

Quote:
Yes! Boy was she bad.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't get it at all Jess.

Is your sister going to be joining us anytime soon?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me either. It's the one ship where I actually question a person's sanity. Seriously! I can understand why people like Snape/Aragog (that's a giant spider for non HP fans and yes I've seen fic with that "pairing" before ) more than N///V.
HP fans will make fic w/ just about every pairing under the sun! Aragog and Snape share a deep love dontcha know S? Much deeper than NV! I mean the guy never even said I love you to her. He went to be w/ Blair soon after breaking up with V. There is just nothing there, no spark, no connection. Stop pushing it writers!

Quote:
Ya, that was horrible I saw it on YT one day and I was like wow, thank god for Bethany Joy.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah let's hope this whole Scott and Bree stuff isn't leading back to that epic fail. That's my greatest fear on this show...because if that happens....NJ is toast definitely and I'm burning my DVDs and sending the ashes to Josh.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bree is only going to be on for 4 episodes. Besides, gosh from the pictures I've seen of the Nate\Bree kiss already, it's so much fail! It's got fail written all over it. You know what I wish? I wish Vanessa and Scott would ride off into the sunset together and move away from NYC.

& yes yes I know what you're saying S that they're going to make it so that NV realize that they're so perfect for each other that they're with the wrong people blah blah blah gag me I'm hoping they're not that dumb and delusional. They've tried NV 4 times and it always fails.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Scott & Bree? I'm lost Are they writers or something?

Quote:
Is your sister going to be joining us anytime soon?
She should 1 wk left until her school hols are over.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Bree is only going to be on for 4 episodes. Besides, gosh from the pictures I've seen of the Nate\Bree kiss already, it's so much fail! It's got fail written all over it. You know what I wish? I wish Vanessa and Scott would ride off into the sunset together and move away from NYC.

& yes yes I know what you're saying S that they're going to make it so that NV realize that they're so perfect for each other that they're with the wrong people blah blah blah gag me I'm hoping they're not that dumb and delusional. They've tried NV 4 times and it always fails.
Yeah Nate/Bree seem really awkward together.

And you know me too well.

Jess: Excellent.

Oh Scott is the lovechild of Rufus and Lily (apparently). He hooks up with Vanessa next season. Bree is some southern debuntate who gets with Nate.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And you know me too well.
That I do!

Oh I love how we can just talk so freely in here! Ya, Nate and Bree are just...eh. I like Joanne but her role in all this seems boring. & Scott is ugly but if he can distract V forever then I'll be happy.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread