Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I am not digging the way the writers wrote that. We all know that Alec loves Magnus and that it's not about what Magnus can do for him, it would be nice to see the writers handle their interactions with a little more sense. I am trying to hold back my initial scepticism of that scene until I get the whole picture

I am not appreciative of the way Alec is treating Raphael either, but I kind of understand it. Alec has always been the protector and Izzy is his sister... Alec doesn't know how to blame Izzy for getting herself into this, so Raphael is a nice easy target. It's not good for Alec to do this, but I am hoping it comes to a head soon

Magnus is a lot older and wiser, let's remember that he has lived many more years then Alec, he has perfected the art of patience and understanding Something that our dear young Alec still struggles with a lot
Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG!!!!!!!!! My heart went out to Magnus like OMG!!! and next week preview also makes my heart bleed for him.

As much as I like Alec's "tell me how to fix this. just tell me what to do"'s but what Magnus has just gone through and will go through more, I dunno....I always hope there is a healthy equal balance in their relationship but I feel like in this relationship it's always Magnus that suffers....

also more flashbacks coming~~~

Kuchiki Rukia & Seventeen Jeonghan & Chen Qiao En & Jude Kincade & Clarke Griffin
Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Alec does need to step it up where Magnus and their relationship is concerned. I felt pretty blah about the way he handled the whole Valentine!Magnus issue. I get why it was difficult for Alec to believe what happened, but I am not going to baby Alec when he messes up and I think he messed up during this. I feel horrible for Magnus and I need for Alec to help him through this and not have it be Magnus helping him help him through it... if that makes sense.

I don't know.. I feel like they don't give Magnus enough to work with... that episode should have focused a lot more on him and I just feel like it didn't. I don't know.. I just feel pretty let down where Magnus/Malec is concerned right now.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

thats because its about Clary, or about Clary-Simon-Jace-Sebastian thing they have going on, to be honest Malec have a good enough screentime, its just they (Im not sure who to blame..) are not using it to their full potential, the script for Malec is nearly horrible, its like they're not even trying sometimes...

while scenes that have clary and whoever, the writing and everything is full on emotion....
Kuchiki Rukia & Seventeen Jeonghan & Chen Qiao En & Jude Kincade & Clarke Griffin
Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't disagree about Malec's screen time.. I think they get a sufficient amount, it's just what they choose to do with it, is the problem. But I honestly believe Magnus' storyline suffers because they don't give it enough attention. Giving more screen time to Magnus would not hurt Clary, Jace or Sebastian's screen time. I feel like a lot of what happened to Magnus was just a segue into Jace's storyline...

I don't need tons of Malec, but what I do want is some quality...
Old 06-14-2017, 03:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Agree!! Im trying to down play my expectations for 213 cause this is gonna be the most controversial episode ever, they want to mark all downwolders with a tracking device, kinda like how trump wants all immigrants to be tracked as well....

as magnus is a downwolder this is gonna cause some heavy things between him and alec...soooo if they dont do justice to malec in this episode and just sweep it under the rug again....well.....
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind things getting heavy between Malec, I mean nothing can be wonderful all the time. I just want the writers to do it justice.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

sooo this is something to look forward to, hopefully this kind of scene will be aired

Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Hopefully, but I am not going to get too excited just yet

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 06-15-2017 at 12:52 AM
Old 06-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Agree, better to have low expectations than high expectations..if not you'll just endup angry and sad...

just like 2x12, I was hoping for Malec to grow in terms of Alec being the only person to realize that is Magnus in Valentine's body based on Magnus characteristics...and yet...it took Jace being captured to realize the truth....
Old 06-15-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly.. if I go into each episode with low expectations, I might be pleased with what I end up getting

It wasn't even Jace who figured it out, it was Valentine allowing himself to be known in Magnus' body. I can't even bring myself to watch 2x12 again, because the whole thing enrages me. I hate that the writers almost had Alec help kill the person he loves.. I found it really triggering and I am not happy.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I think the writers are relying on the fact that it was Valentine ya know...i see some ppl defending Alec saying "Its Valentine the must cunning most bla bla bla"...to get out of the excuse of making more to the plot aka next episode no malec issue; sweep under the rug...

which is unfair, cause magnus talk about Alec's suicide and i dunno if i have heard an apology that resembles "Im sorry" from Alec...

this relationship seems to me more unhealthy as it goes for Magnus to be honest... no matter how a good a person Alec is, Magnus is being endangered just by being involve with him...

like i said, i wont expect much next episode, meaning the torture wont even be discussed as the writers it seems thinks that torture is nothing, especially if the one you love is the one who lead you to it...

and alec has the nerve to ask Magnus for his HAIR!!??? LIKE WTF!!???
Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know, I am pretty disappointed that right after all that mess, Alec is asking for Magnus' hair. Don't get me wrong, I love Alec, like I really love him, but I am going to call his ass when he does sht wrong, and I think he handled the whole Valentine!Magnus issue very badly. I am just not impressed with this half of the season (for Malec) so far

The next episode is going to be put me at odds with the Shadowhunters again, because I can't stand when they get all self righteous and demanding. I obviously don't want there to be an uprising, but if there is, it would be something that the Shadowhunters have brought down on them
Old 06-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

As much as I wanna say im disappointed in current malec, at least they havent reach the drama of the mess that has been destroyed by the emmerdale writers aka robron...

i hope malec will never reach that state of disaster in their relationship....

and robron used to very beautiful...i damn cried in their wedding episode....before all turn to hell when robert impregnate rebecca....
Old 06-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am just disappointed that they aren't reaching their full potential with Malec. I get that this is an ensemble, but you can see the difference between the heterosexual couples and Malec and I don't really think that that is fair. I feel like they are simultaneously going through all these amazing things, yet we don't get time to digest it...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread