Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh cool. That's something

Here are some awesome parallels I found on tumblr. Now That You Have Your Sword, Try Not To Die By It

They're both so incredibly hot
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I just retweeted that I'm not a fan of Mikael, but the actor is amazingly talented
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

yes he is I have a weakness for characters like Elijah and Mikael. The shirts, the suits, the swagger, the voices, the accents
Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

That part is good, I'm just not a fan of a man who treats his son (come on, he raised him, he IS his son) like crap. And this is coming from someone who's not even remotely a Klaus fan.

I'll give you this, though: the accent is -worthy.

Have you guys seen this?!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Yep I reblogged it

You're right btw. Mikael's pride and his irrational violence towards Klaus is kind of disturbing, but I think there's more to Mikael than that. I don't want to excuse his actions, but even he probably has a side to him we haven't seen yet. And I desperately want to know more

As for the whole creation of the vampires. Was I the only one who thought the writing was sloppy for that? No mention of the first Petrova, just some random explanation that Klaus was cursed to make things right and bla bla.
There're so many important parts of the whole story and I'm more confused after watching the flashbacks even though I understood the whole storyline.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

In this show? You can bet he does. I'm pretty sure if the writers brought in a demon or something they'd give him a difficult past to justify him

Quote:
And I desperately want to know more
I hope you get to see lots of Mikael this season

Quote:
As for the whole creation of the vampires. Was I the only one who thought the writing was sloppy for that? No mention of the first Petrova, just some random explanation that Klaus was cursed to make things right and bla bla.
There're so many important parts of the whole story and I'm more confused after watching the flashbacks even though I understood the whole storyline.
Yeah, IDK. I think the writers are trying to show how what happened then affects them now, without really giving much thought to what happened then. I don't even know if this makes sense
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
I thought about that too. The only logical explanation I can come up with (that doesn't involve the writers just not having a backstory for it) is that it just wasn't relevant to the plot at that very moment. It'll have to actually come up sooner or later.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What was really unsatisfying about this episode is that it answered every single question but with too much specifics and certainty...sort of like "This is what happened. This is the only thing that happened. Dont you dare imagine anything else *flips the bird at fanfic writers and anyone else with an imagination*"

What I really liked about Elijah's exposition in 2x19 is that it set up a structure for the Original Family (how many family members, where they lived, key relationships) so that over the summer hiatus, it was enough for fic writers to fill in the details, and indeed many Original Family stories were so well done, because it wasnt fully fleshed out in canon.

(Can we just take a moment to appreciate Elena's reactions in both of these episodes? Every time a death is mentioned, she appears genuinely shocked and saddened by it. I mean, for me, when I'm watching TVD and someone dies, I just kind of shrug it off. But for someone who's seen death on an almost-daily basis and has experienced it first-hand, she has every right to be even more jaded, and yet she still feels for the death of these people who are perfect strangers to her)

Back to the rant:

This time, there were way too many specifics given, but in all the wrong events, so that there is no longer any air of mystery, and most of that was already figured out so it's not like it was new information.

In terms of show canon, I'd much rather go with Elijah's "how we turned into vampires is a long story so I'll tell you some other time". If we're talking fics, lit_chick08's will be my personal canon.

Last edited by honor_in_revenge; 11-04-2011 at 11:42 AM
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
In this show? You can bet he does. I'm pretty sure if the writers brought in a demon or something they'd give him a difficult past to justify him

I hope you get to see lots of Mikael this season

Yeah, IDK. I think the writers are trying to show how what happened then affects them now, without really giving much thought to what happened then. I don't even know if this makes sense
awww thanks And it makes sense. I think they're more focused on the present rather than flashing out the past. It's as if they quickly want to get this part done in order to focus more on the Salvatore Elena vs Klaus drama. And it's wrong to do it like that because the actions are plot driven instead of character driven which makes it harder to relate to the Originals and what drove them to act in certain ways. For example I hardly know anything about Esther and can't really understand the motives behind her actions. I don't know if she's supposed to be a loving mother or if she puts Mikael above her children or if she's just fickle or scared or confused or strong. It also annoys me that they reduced the number of Originals by killing them off. Like Henrik. Once again potentially interesting characters get killed off because it's convenient for the plot, before we even get the whole picture. It's frustrating that they didn't show the other two Original kids or Elijah's turning. I don't know anymore. Is it because of money? Couldn't they afford to hire two actors? If so, why telling us in season 2 that the mother bore seven children. Why not just five? Or four if they can't stick to their own storyline.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

thank you for posting gifs..can't get enough <3

Old 11-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
awww thanks And it makes sense. I think they're more focused on the present rather than flashing out the past. It's as if they quickly want to get this part done in order to focus more on the Salvatore Elena vs Klaus drama. And it's wrong to do it like that because the actions are plot driven instead of character driven which makes it harder to relate to the Originals and what drove them to act in certain ways. For example I hardly know anything about Esther and can't really understand the motives behind her actions. I don't know if she's supposed to be a loving mother or if she puts Mikael above her children or if she's just fickle or scared or confused or strong. It also annoys me that they reduced the number of Originals by killing them off. Like Henrik. Once again potentially interesting characters get killed off because it's convenient for the plot, before we even get the whole picture. It's frustrating that they didn't show the other two Original kids or Elijah's turning. I don't know anymore. Is it because of money? Couldn't they afford to hire two actors? If so, why telling us in season 2 that the mother bore seven children. Why not just five? Or four if they can't stick to their own storyline.
Yeah because it was a bit sloppy..I was a little underwhelmed with the story. Elijah I can never be underwhelmed with his character but it was just told in such a rushed way. I'm surprised Rebekah took the time to even tell Elena as much as she did...that is out of character. I guess they show vulnerabilities of even the most immature cynical vampires on this show It could've been executed a bit better.

If they do go into the original Petrova story later this season, I hope Elijah is more involved and its told in an epic way like 2X19
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em183 (View Post)
If they do go into the original Petrova story later this season, I hope Elijah is more involved and its told in an epic way like 2X19
Oh wow...2x19 WAS a treat, wasnt it? That was my first episode of TVD and I actually thought Elijah was the main character. Imagine my disappointment with the rest of the episodes in S2 lol.

But THAT, my friends, is how you do a flashback episode! The dialogue there was so natural, the costuming/set was so rich and gorgeous, and the info dump gave us JUST enough of what we needed to know at the moment, while blowing the story wide open.

We need another "Klaus"...but, you know, have it called "Elijah".
Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That part is good, I'm just not a fan of a man who treats his son (come on, he raised him, he IS his son) like crap. And this is coming from someone who's not even remotely a Klaus fan.
Agreed. I like him as a show character, I think he could be a game-changer, but as a person he got up my nose. So did Esther, to be honest - she's the one that cursed Klaus, a ceremony that involved human sacrifice and penalizing a human family for 1000 years. All for what?

Love those gifs
Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah they didn't want to lose anymore children easily...they wanted strength but immortality? and why did Mikael treat him poorly even before finding out he's a hybrid?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
and why did Mikael treat him poorly even before finding out he's a hybrid?
Unless I missed something (like an indication that Mikael already knew Klaus wasn't his by blood) I think it was because Mikael considered Klaus the goof-off in the family. In modern culture that makes you the flake of the family, the one no one trusts with major tasks, but I guess in medieval times it makes you the weakling of the family, someone to be looked down on, a liability.

Quote:
On a different note, TVD has given me an idea for a website, so something good came out of it
It has?

Ordinary People is the highest-rated episode of the season. 3.5 million, making it the highest-rated episode since 2x12 The Descent. There's a pattern, let's hope the writers have picked up on it.

Last edited by Black_Betty; 11-04-2011 at 08:22 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread