Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't care about shipper wars since I dislike both SE and DE. But I hate that people are trying to excuse Damon for something that is inexcusable.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19
The writers are creating such a beautifully crafted ship and they don't even know it
It's some sweet salvation from the other mess.

I don't like to be one of those people who watches a show because of a character, ship, or plotline. But this is all too much. I think I'll take a step back from DE at the moment and just focus on EE; even if it will probably be spread thin. It really is that oasis in a dry desert that this show is becoming. I never thought I would think that; but it's the truth as of now. But after tonight's episode, my love for both Damon and DE has begun to fade. I will not be defending or bashing any side of all this. It's too much and I'll just get bashed for it anyways in how I'm wrong, when it's all just a matter of opinion anyways. People will be defending what they think is right and everyone else will be wrong. It's never ending!

Really, it's not that serious!

So, I'm stepping out of the arena. I just want to enjoy the simple things instead of getting my head caught up in some complicated .

That is what I love about the EE ship; it's simple and clean, if you will.
No annoying baggage! No irritating drama! Sometimes life is better without the angst. Thank you!

Sorry if I'm ranting.

Last edited by xXSTARwarsROXx; 04-28-2011 at 08:57 PM
xXSTARwarsROXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Looks like we didn't get much tonight But I am looking fwd to that one scene between them

As for the show, it is really getting monotonous. I think its time they broke out of this. The only problem is the fans seem to enjoy the constant war between SE and DE and that might be the reason the writers keep going there, doing the same thing over and over

Icon: babyara
4biddenluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTARwarsROXx (View Post)
It's some sweet salvation from the other mess. I don't like to be one of those people who watches a show because of a character, ship, or plotline. But this is all too much. I think I'll take a step back from DE at the moment and just focus on EE. It really is that oasis in a dry desert that this show is becoming. I never thought I would think that; but it's the truth as of now. But after tonight's episode, my love for both Damon and DE has begun to fade. I will not be defending or bashing any side of all this. It's too much and I'll just get bashed for it anyways in how I'm wrong, when it's all just a matter of opinion anyways. People will be defending what they think is right and everyone else will be wrong.

Really, it's not that serious!

So, I'm stepping out of the arena. I just want to enjoy the simple things instead of getting my head caught up in some complicated .
That is what I love about the EE ship; it's simple and clean, if you will.
No baggage! No drama!

Sorry if I'm ranting.
ICA about everything. My issues with Damon and DE begun in The Last Dance, I think it was? 2x19? But after reading some posts I saw it from a different perspective. But then here we come, with Damon doing something even worse. It's a cycle. I get the one step forward, two steps back in a redemption sl, but this is too much. I'm not completely giving up on them, but I am giving up on them anytime soon. Two or three seasons ahead, maybe they'll be good again. But for now- no, not even close.
And the shipping wars are crazy. I'll never understand how people can go from hating a ship (which I totally do) to hating a shipper. Hating someone you've never met for a tv couple is too much for my brain.
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
I am pretty loveable
And pretty cocky it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
^It was like the best scene in the whole episode because it was a moment of quiet understanding of each other. Also because Elijah was completely honest with her regarding the odds.
Agreed, it was wonderful. just love how he want to tell her what she's getting into and Elena's trust in him.

How nice would it be for the writers to change the entire direction of this show and just go with Elena/Elijah.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)

How nice would it be for the writers to change the entire direction of this show and just go with Elena/Elijah.
I can only dream about that

Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Supreme Fan

2x19 was "Klaus". 2x18 was "The Last Dance".
That episode made me fall for this ship and Elijah as a character.

I actually enjoyed "The Last Dance" and I found myself siding and defending Damon because he made valid points about he'll protect Elena even if she hates him. Not worrying about the outcome. I found that quite noble and selfless compared to Stefan; who doesn't even do much anyways. Well, that's sort of been twisted now, or maybe it's been like that for awhile. I just haven't been open to it because I've been a DE shipper. But Damon's actions in wanting Elena safe has been pushed too far. He's either angry at her and everyone else, or having pity on himself because he can't have her. It's an annoying and crazy obsession. I used to find it all so sexy in how devoted he was in keeping her safe and I even pitied him at times, but right now it's just a turnoff.

No, I'm not giving up on DE completely either. I'm hopelessly devoted to them. I won't give up because everything before now was beautiful and it will always be beautiful. But 2x19 is when it started fall apart in my eyes. Something needs to be redeemed because it's been pushed too much. And I don't want to be a part of the mess.

*goes back in the corner to obsess over EE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter
Now that is something I wouldn't mind at all in this wreckage. But there's also them actually being aware of what they're doing and how fans are liking the relationship of Elena/Elijah. Personally, I love it. But you've got heaps of both rabid SE and DE fanatics who most likely wouldn't handle that very well. If they could get off the stupid triangle a bit instead of poisoning it more, it might even be beneficial for everyone.

I'm sorry to get all ranty and technical about all this. I'm just as bad.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Addicted Fan

^^It would piss off a lot of the DE audience, but imo, it would save the show. A lot of DE drama has been created just for the sake of DE drama and it's ruining the show. The same thing happened to Gossip Girl when they messed up the driving dynamic between the show's power couple (and despite what Chair fans say, I already saw this coming in S2 too.)

Back to Elijah, I cannot love him enough! While everyone else were upstairs and fighting and whatnot, he's just calmly waiting downstairs. Then puts Damon in his place without even getting his hands dirty.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Sorry to be bringing the baggage over here. You're right, back to Elijah!

I love how calm he is when everyone else is always in hysteria.
That's one thing that makes him such a bamf.

Elijah is a charming, charismatic, noble man. He has a really nice presence in contrast to those Salvatore bros.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Back to Elijah, I cannot love him enough! While everyone else were upstairs and fighting and whatnot, he's just calmly waiting downstairs. Then puts Damon in his place without even getting his hands dirty.
He's the most sorted and mature character on this show

Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^^It would piss off a lot of the DE audience, but imo, it would save the show. A lot of DE drama has been created just for the sake of DE drama and it's ruining the show. The same thing happened to Gossip Girl when they messed up the driving dynamic between the show's power couple (and despite what Chair fans say, I already saw this coming in S2 too.)
Agreed. Also it's too bad this show is from a book. I would have so much more hope for EE if it wasn't....hopefully they just go down a completely different path and go with EE. they are the best direction to go. Easy to love them.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Addicted Fan

^I know. DE is inevitable because the books dictate it. And because DE is a popular couple - there would never be a reason for them to not do it. It's not even that I don't see the appeal of DE - because I did. Loved them in S1. But they messed up everything in S2 and i don't see them as viable for a very, very long time. Damon hasn't changed one bit.

I wish they would do EE too, because I think the SED triangle is played out, in a bad way. They should do EE just so we could get a break from the triangle!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Loyal Fan

they should do EE just to show how messed up S/E and D/E has become. It would be so refreshing.
btw there were small things during the EE scenes.
1) how he kept looking at her constantly at the beginning when they talked about the elixir with stefan.

2) the whole EE scene. I wanted to curse alaric for interrupting it

3) how she looked back at him

4) how he stood by her chair when they interrogated alaric. that was so possessive!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Reply   Post New Thread