Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was never a huge Willow fan but I think Alyson did a great job with her. But I don't like Lily. She's easily my least favorite member of the group. I think it's more to do with the writers not being able to write the character cohesively because I do think Aly does a good job with her.
Willow got a little whiny near the end and Lily's a caricature, it's probably the writing. IDK.

I loved Aly as Band Camp Girl.

Quote:
(Random but my Logan loving friend was hating on Kendall when we watched, because obviously she wanted LV, and I was all....but it's Charisma Carpenter!.....she's never seen Buffy. It's my next plan for her. )
She should watch BTVS. Hating on one of Charisma's characters is unacceptable.

Quote:
Omg. Thats exactly why I didn't put him. I was looking at my list and I already had Piz and Hannah. I HATE when people do that. It's so petty and immature. I do not hate characters or ships just because they interfer with mine.
I know, it makes me feel like I'm 12 years old. (can't say I've never been guilty of hating on characters that interfered with my ship but I try not to do it.)

Piz added nothing to the overall storylines other than his crush on V. Hannah did but her sunshine and rainbows attitude was grating. I have a friend who's a DV fan (but likes LV too... I sort of made her. ) and she really hates Hannah too so it's not just us.

Quote:
Duncan bored me, and the writers clearly gave up on him, but he always fit with the show so I can't completely hate him. And I also loved his episode three.
(Plus I feel bad hating on Teddy's lack of charisma/acting skill. )
Would it be better if I said that I think Chris Lowell is a good actor but his character belonged on a different show like One Tree Hill?

Quote:
Ewwww. People comparing DV in season three to early LV makes me feel physically ill. Dick/Veronica are not only twisted but make no sense. And I'm sorry, but Dick wasn't smart enough to keep up with her. Their snark was Veronica telling him he was an idiot and him laughing
I can't ever picture Veronica being attracted to him.

But you know what's more popular than V/Di shipping? Mac/Dick. Who also have nothing in common. Dick is just unshippable.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Willow got a little whiny near the end and Lily's a caricature, it's probably the writing. IDK.
I think it's the writing....but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Hating on one of Charisma's characters is unacceptable.
I know. She was seriously hating on Kendall and I was all, But it's Cordy!

Quote:
I know, it makes me feel like I'm 12 years old. (can't say I've never been guilty of hating on characters that interfered with my ship but I try not to do it.)
We've all done it at some point but I'd like to think I'm past that now. I may notice a characters flaws because I'm already a bit annoyed that they're interfering with my ship, but I don't create those flaws.

And nothing bothers me more than when a characters sole purpose is to be a plot diversion. Ughhh, I don't care how awesome the character is, it's stupid.

Quote:
Piz added nothing to the overall storylines other than his crush on V. Hannah did but her sunshine and rainbows attitude was grating. I have a friend who's a DV fan (but likes LV too... I sort of made her. ) and she really hates Hannah too so it's not just us.
Good. Hopefully my friends boyfriend will also hate Hannah and that will validate my completely non-bias opinion.
Quote:
Would it be better if I said that I think Chris Lowell is a good actor but his character belonged on a different show like One Tree Hill?
THATS WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON! Not even just Chris, but the very character! Every time I watch a Piz scene I feel like I might actually like his awkward rambling if he was on any other show.

Quote:
But you know what's more popular than V/Di shipping? Mac/Dick. Who also have nothing in common. Dick is just unshippable.
I can kind of understand Mac/Dick in a grieving/relating over Beaver thing. I've read some fics of them out of curiosity and it kind of works. But it's not OMG OTP material.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And nothing bothers me more than when a characters sole purpose is to be a plot diversion. Ughhh, I don't care how awesome the character is, it's stupid.
Or characters who get lightswitched into something else. Retconning is not the same as character development.

Sometimes I even try to really like characters who interfer with my ship because I don't want to be that person.

Quote:
Good. Hopefully my friends boyfriend will also hate Hannah and that will validate my completely non-bias opinion
Honestly I've never come across anyone who thought Hannah was awesome.
Is your friend's boyfriend shipping LoVe yet?

Quote:
I can kind of understand Mac/Dick in a grieving/relating over Beaver thing. I've read some fics of them out of curiosity and it kind of works. But it's not OMG OTP material.
Meh, I just can't picture Dick in a serious relationship.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Retconning is not the same as character development.
No, it's not.

Quote:
Sometimes I even try to really like characters who interfer with my ship because I don't want to be that person.
Me too. I like Ted on HIMYM. And um...... I know there are others.

Quote:
Is your friend's boyfriend shipping LoVe yet?
He's apparently in love with Veronica. Which makes the fact that she's in love with Logan okay. He likes them. .....though he might be too afraid of my friend to say otherwise.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Me too. I like Ted on HIMYM. And um...... I know there are others.
I liked Parker. Though she got annoyingly possessive when she started dating Logan.

Uhm, Lana's Mary Sue-ness was good for the lols sometimes.

Oh and I think Finn's a much better written character than Puck but I still ship PR more than FR.

See... I'm mature.

Quote:
He's apparently in love with Veronica. Which makes the fact that she's in love with Logan okay. He likes them. .....though he might be too afraid of my friend to say otherwise

Good.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh and I think Finn's a much better written character than Puck but I still ship PR more than FR.
I love Finn and find Puck overrated and I still love PR more.

Quote:
Though she got annoyingly possessive when she started dating Logan.
I think a lot of people might have acted the same way. It was painfully obvious that Logan still had feelings for Veronica and she would always be first, thats gotta hurt.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think a lot of people might have acted the same way. It was painfully obvious that Logan still had feelings for Veronica and she would always be first, thats gotta hurt.
I know there were scenes when Logan wanted to surf with his buddies and she acted a little too extreme. But I still liked her.

There was a nice parallel in one of the final episode where everyone discussed their summerplans and neither Veronica nor Logan thought about Piz or Parker for one second. I liked that. (though i did feel a little bad for Parker, Piz not so much.)
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
(though i did feel a little bad for Parker, Piz not so much.)

Sooo, discussion topics?

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Uhm, if you could re-write anything LV-wise, what would it be?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm good question. And it reminds me. I came up with my least favorite LV scene.

When they're in the bathroom in season two and Logan wants her help. I do love parts of it. The out of Order sign and Logan reminding her of their sexy time is awesome, but she just seems so mad at him. And it's one of the few times I really don't get at all where Veronica is coming from. I'm glad that she does decide to help him though.

I might have added a bit more tension/conflicted feelings on Veronica's part in early season two. But Veronica is such a closed off character I can't say that it wasn't in character. The little jealous moments and her obvious concern over him is actually very huge coming from her, but I would have liked more because I'm a shipper.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I remember everyone on TWOP hated Veronica in the first half of S2 (and in all of S3).

I think she's just really annoyed with the fact that he can't act "normal".

Anyway my least favorite LV scene when V confronts Logan about Madison.

VERONICA: Did you and Madison have sex over winter break?
VERONICA: [strangled] I asked you point-blank.
LOGAN: And I lied.

Now this is factually not true. She asked if he was with anyone while they were broken up and he admitted he did. She NEVER asked who he was with.

LOGAN: It wasn't information that you had a right to know. I knew you wouldn't be able to deal with the Madison thing.
VERONICA: [with increasing anger] Which thing are you talking about? The "she roofied me" thing or the thing when I stumbled to my car in the morning, wondering where my virginity was, and she'd written "****" on my windshield?

And we've already discussed the whole blaming Madison for the rape to death.

So yeah least favorite LV scene. JD and KB were fantastic though.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah I remember everyone on TWOP hated Veronica in the first half of S2 (and in all of S3).
I dislike people hating V. She's so relatable to me. And I love all her flaws.

Ughhhhhh. I despise that break up. It's so not perfect like their first one. I wasn't even going to mention it because it happened in the awful CW-fication time.

You know what scene I also don't like in that period? The French Fry eating scene. It was too cutesy and made Logan look a little pathetic.

Quote:
So yeah least favorite LV scene. JD and KB were fantastic though.
__
Yes they were.

There's a lot to hate in season three, but it actually produced some of my favorite LV scenes. I adore the "I love you Veronica, do you love me?" moment. I know so many people hate that V could only say Yeah, but it was so realistic and I appreciate that more.

And the prostitutes/honesty scene is one of my all time favorites. It just feels so intimate and natural and Veronica was trying to be more open. Plus again, JD and KB acted the hell out of the scene. And I love their last scene, of course. And I have a strange fondness for the scene in the pilot when Dick is about to get his ass kicked and Logan just grabs V's tazor. It's not even the room key scene before it that I love so much, though it's adorable, but I just love how in sync they are in that moment.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

I could never hate V. Her life will never stop sucking but she'll never back down.

Though I wish people would call her more on her crap in S3. No one did and it made it a little hard to connect to Veronica sometimes. Personally I see Veronica as a heroin but a flawed one. I don't see her as a perfect rolemodel.

Quote:
And the prostitutes/honesty scene is one of my all time favorites. It just feels so intimate and natural and Veronica was trying to be more open. Plus again, JD and KB acted the hell out of the scene. And I love their last scene, of course. And I have a strange fondness for the scene in the pilot when Dick is about to get his ass kicked and Logan just grabs V's tazor. It's not even the room key scene before it that I love so much, though it's adorable, but I just love how in sync they are in that moment
Heh, you know i like the prostitutes scene a little less than most people for a stupid reason (dislike the background music. ) but it is a really great scene for them.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

I added a lot to my previous post.

Yeahhhhh, I feel like in the finale especially they were trying to show that Veronica needed to be called on her issues and she was facing comeuppance in a way but I wish characters would have called her out on it more.

Logan did. Which is why they work.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's why TBIB is my favorite Veronica episode of the season. Also singing.

Quote:
Logan did. Which is why they work
I love that whole scene with their first ILY so much. Not just because of the ILY.

"You know who I am. And you're constantly expecting me to change. And even right now, as you're thinking, "crap, he's got a point," you still think you're ultimately right."

Although I didn't like the ending with him all sad over her not answering his phonecall. But he redeemed himself next episode by beating up a cop car.