Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I doubt they are able to kill the thread yet, I'm still hoping for something good to come out of this mess.

Still trying to process the whole thing... What are they doing?

I will say that it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but...

Lee - what are they doing to him? Drunken!Lee searching for his ring? In Galactica's hallways?

His whole behaviour was desperate. And Dee pushed all the right buttons to get what she wants.

The look Lee and Kara are sharing at the end of the episode? Is it just me or is Lee on the verge of tears?

Off to ponder the episode some more
Old 01-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

My thoughts...

- No Sharon? Hardly any Helo? No Cally? No Hotdog or Racetrack? Whats the world coming to?
- Baltar was a riot! I dont know why, but I found him funny in this one...
- Baltar is not a Cylon! Pooie! But he'd make a poor excuse for one anyway...
- Loved the mouth to mouth with the guard. Too funny!
- Roslin kicked some major gluteus maximus! You go girl! ... tho I knew she was bluffing...
- Baltar's attempted suicide was kinda off tho. I've always seen him as weak, but that just strengthens my opinion... and since when has he given up so easily, before trying to weasel out of something first?
- Both Anders and Dee know the end is near, even if they're old otherwise. It's obvious that somethings gonna happen...
- The arguement Chief and Cally apparently had was something I wanted to know about. What was it about?
- Gaeta was...odd... When he attacked Baltar, it kinda came out of nowhere. I didn't expect that from him. He's normally a fairly easy going guy... tho I understand his reasonings. I just thought he could have delt with it better...
- Guh! Lee, Lee, poor poor Lee. What a waste of air. Beautiful speech, but oh so a lie. Keep on telling yourself that flyboy...
- Why was Lee being so self righteous about 'This is our frakking marriages we're talking about'? He was cheating, and now he feels he has to be an upstanding husband? Make up your mind!
- 'If I leave Sam, will you leave Dee?' Good question Kara... tho I believe the reason is one you should make on your own. Regardless of what Lee says.
- The bar scene with Lee and Chief just wasnt working for me. It was obviously there just to breach the marriage issues. Aren't bar usually for 'Man time', not Male bonding and contemplating the hiden messages of the spouse?
- Lee drunk was painful to watch. A funny drunk would be nice, not broken. The ring part was also painful. He never cared about it beofre, why now?
- Dee, Sam. I got some advice. Leave while you still can. You're being jerked around.
-... and dare I say it, I want some Viper action! Less talk, more action!

>< I just realized almost everything I said was negative... hmmm... I'm just not feeling too L/K shippy right now. The episde just didnt do it for me... I'm feeling very pessimistic right now...

...shamefully, I dont really remember much of the episode... They say memory is the first to go
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Hey all!

Im gonna try to remember to watch the show this week, but with the superbowl, I might forget,

When did Lee/Kara first get together......

and is there anywhere to find clips? I have seen music vids, but I want to see the actual clips
KerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But he'd make a poor excuse for one anyway...
Exactly. I'm glad he's not a Cylon. He's got no excuse for all his "mistakes" now. I felt like this ep showed a parrallel between Baltar, placing himself as the victim and never taking responsibilities for his actions and Lee, also taking the escape route concerning Dee and Kara.

Quote:
- The arguement Chief and Cally apparently had was something I wanted to know about. What was it about?
I wonder if it's something we'll eventually find out about or if it was just a way to have Lee talk about his marriage issues.

Quote:
Gaeta was...odd...
Now I'm suspecting him of being a Cylon lol

Quote:
- Why was Lee being so self righteous about 'This is our frakking marriages we're talking about'? He was cheating, and now he feels he has to be an upstanding husband? Make up your mind!
Yeah, that was weird. Also, the part about blaming Dee for her insecurities... I just wanted Lee to shut up right then.

Quote:
- 'If I leave Sam, will you leave Dee?' Good question Kara... tho I believe the reason is one you should make on your own. Regardless of what Lee says.
That's why I wanted Lee to leave Dee, but the boy is so far into denial... it's scary. Kara too, but Sam is the nicest guy so I understand her doubts.

Quote:
- The bar scene with Lee and Chief just wasnt working for me.
It did come out weird... a bit contrived.

Quote:
The ring part was also painful. He never cared about it beofre, why now?
For me it seemed like the ring was the symbol of his "freedom", regarding Kara. The ring kept him away from her, from all the pain he's sure to endure. That's why he was so desperate to keep it, IMO. It was pretty pathetic.

Quote:
-... and dare I say it, I want some Viper action! Less talk, more action!
Amen!

Quote:
I'm just not feeling too L/K shippy right now. The episde just didnt do it for me... I'm feeling very pessimistic right now...
My guess is that it had the same effect on pretty much everyone... I don't see how they could ever work things out
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

BSG has it's own board
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to here bsg got its board

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat (View Post)
BSG has it's own board
Oh boy, I'm gonna spend my life there LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, I've been giving this some thought, but even I have a 'waytoomuch' point when it comes to L/K business. I want BSG to go back to before the whole marriage issues started. Yes, angst is my drug, but it's getting a little too much. I just want casual friendshippy moments.

What am I saying!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

I want S1 back When there wasn't so much angst all the time about everything.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

The casual flirtation was nice.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat (View Post)
I want BSG to go back to before the whole marriage issues started. Yes, angst is my drug, but it's getting a little too much. I just want casual friendshippy moments.
Couldn't agree more with this.

Give us friendship, casual flirting and some angst and we're happy, but this 'all angst' thing is getting old. *stomps off to watch some S1 episodes*
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

I think we'll get back to normal...ish, when Maelstrom hits... imo...
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love angst but have to admit to much is a overkill. Id like them to work back on there friendship.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been avoiding posting here because I can't organize my thoughts enough to say what I want to about the two post-hiatus epis. I knew that there would be some angst, but seriously, this is what we get? This turn of events is putting me in a bad place, shippy-wise. I'm a little afraid of what's going to happen in the second half of the season. The only thing that is getting me through is watching them in the first two seasons, when there weren't anchors attached to them, back when I saw them as messed-up but possible and not doomed.

For some reason, I really liked the way she looked at Lee/Dee in The Woman King. There is little chance of them getting back to the way they were, so I'll take what I can get.

---

KerBear, I know where you can find a few clips. Here's the list:
- stims argument (33)
- dream-sex (Kobol's Last Gleaming Part One)
- reunion (Home Part One)
- "...You have no idea what happened to me on Caprica...." (Home Part One)
- "Did you say you love me?" (Home Part One)
- teamwork against the Cylons (Home Part One)
- "...I didn't wanna make it back alive." (Resurrection Ship Part Two)
- almost-sex (Scar)

Just let me know which scene(s) you want to see.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-12-2007 at 10:31 PM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hey all

Havent been here in a while, cause I havent been in a posty mood, but welcome Rocky

Btw, Cati pmed me a list of vids so I've added that
Reply   Post New Thread