Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Added you, welcome.

Your J/B posts in the CoM thread inspired me to randomly pick up New Moon again, and I was overwhelmed once again with how much I love them. Sometimes I forget, but anytime I read their scenes all the love comes flooding back. I'll always have a place in my heart for Jake and Bells.

tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Okay seriously that gif is so beautiful. I wish someone would hug me like the way Jacob and Bella hug each other. its like they never want to let each other go.

And yes I agree with you, they are way too perfect to be in the crappy series that is Twilight. Too bad Steph Meyer didnt realize what she created with them.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

My renewed interest led me to the J/B LJ community for the first time in months, where I ended up trawling for fluffy fics and drabbles to read. Fic readers at least give these two the ending they deserved and should have got.

In my mind, the series ended at the point in New Moon where Bella decided to commit herself to Jacob, except in my version Alice doesn't turn up and spoil it all. There's no doubt in my mind that given more time, Bella would have realized that Edward was a sick obsession and not love. She'd have realized that she and Jacob were just natural and right and the way love was supposed to be.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I honestly think what I love the most about them is that they were best friends first and foremost. Jacob picked up the pieces of her broken heart and put them back together again. And Bella's the best part of herself when she's with him. She's actually a real TEENAGER who goofs off and does teenage stuff when she's with him, its like she gets back a piece of herself that she never knew she needed. And Jacob's honest with her too, and I think she needs that. Edward's a fantasy, Jacob's the reality.

And I also have to say that their first kiss location was pretty effing perfect. It was gorgeous and it made the scene even more beautiful in my opinion.

And on another note, I really love the big sister/little brother dynamic that Kristen and Taylor have going on. Its absolutely adorable. They also seem to enjoy singing songs together

Last edited by Psychically Linked ღ; 10-27-2011 at 08:46 PM
Old 10-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I honestly think what I love the most about them is that they were best friends first and foremost. Jacob picked up the pieces of her broken heart and put them back together again. And Bella's the best part of herself when she's with him. She's actually a real TEENAGER who goofs off and does teenage stuff when she's with him, its like she gets back a piece of herself that she never knew she needed. And Jacob's honest with her too, and I think she needs that. Edward's a fantasy, Jacob's the reality.
It's like you took my thoughts out of my head and wrote them down, I totally agree with all of that. People say the one you love should also be your best friend, and that was the case with Jake and Bella. He put her back together without even trying and she became the Bella she'd lost for so long. And not just because of Edward, she'd always had to act older than she was for her mother and she was the same even with Charlie. Around Jacob, she acted like your everyday teenage girl for probably the first time in her life. No pretence required. And that was what Jacob fell in love with, - Bella Swan the clumsy and socially awkward teenage girl. The girl who couldn't take ten steps without falling over, the girl who'd always felt distant from others her age. The girl who found her missing backbone and wasn't afraid to stand up to him and fight for him.

One of my favourite small details of the books was at the end of Eclipse, when Bella was being comforted by Edward yet the biggest part of her craved Jacob's arms instead. It reminded me of an old saying about people who were torn by love they felt for two significant others, it said you should choose the second person, because if you'd truly loved the first then you wouldn't have fallen for someone else. That was the case with Bella in that scenario, every part of her body and brain was screaming at her that Jacob was her true love, yet she ignored it. I am forever convinced that she only chose Edward because she had an overwhelmingly twisted addiction to him, because she felt like she had no other choice, not because she loved him. That wasn't love, it was a sick and unhealthy obsession. What she felt for Jacob, that was love. Love that happened through being his best friend, getting to know him and spending time with him. Love that took a long time for her to finally acknowledge and face up to. Love that brought out the best version of her she could be.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed 100%. Jacob and Bella were the real deal, I think. The thing that I loved about them is Bella liked Jacob for Jacob Black the human. She never saw him as anything spectacular or amazing, he was just her best friend who was there for her when she needed someone the most. He wasnt a super hero, and he wasnt dazzling, but he was amazing in her own eyes because he was her best friend. And like you said, Jacob fell for Bella Swan, the clumsy girl with two left feet who is socially awkward.

And I think thats my problem with Edward and Bella, is that they never really KNEW each other the way Jacob and Bella know each other. And you're right, your true love should be your best friend, and Jacob and Bella are definitely each other's best friend.

I should come into this thread more often, I wish it was active more too because I feel like such a weirdo Twilight fan for loving Jacob and Jacob/Bella like I do. Like seriously sometimes I feel like I'm the only one and its nice to know that there are other people who share the same thought process about Twilight as I do.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi..I shamelessly supported these two the whole time. Bella always acted so much more herself, more natural around him. Even in the last movie when they're dancing lol. esp. the way Taylor plays him- he's a sweetheart. Renesmee is a lucky girl
Em183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

I think that's because Jacob was based on her husband whilst Edward was just a fictional character she had a dream about.

If I am not yet on the shipper list can someone please add me
"twas not my lips you kissed but my soul"
loveloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

I will always consider Jacob the person who she should have had a life with, Bella's relationship with Edward was never healthy, based solely on infatuation.
dracarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Grey (View Post)
I will always consider Jacob the person who she should have had a life with, Bella's relationship with Edward was never healthy, based solely on infatuation.
Absolutely, Bella mainly talks about Edward's looks and "perfection" more than anything else. When she talks about Jacob it's more about who Jacob is, his qualities etc along with the obligatory "you're so big" comment
"twas not my lips you kissed but my soul"
loveloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Quote:
Absolutely, Bella mainly talks about Edward's looks and "perfection" more than anything else. When she talks about Jacob it's more about who Jacob is, his qualities etc along with the obligatory "you're so big" comment
I agree, although she mentions how beautiful Jacob is she tends not to focus on that aspect of him because there are so many other qualities to love about him. It makes me wonder whether she saw any other qualities in Edward other than his flawless beauty. As for the "you're so big" comment I wonder whether that was the line that inspired so many smutty J/B fanfics if you get my drift
Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

They are so amazing, they always give me the warm fuzzies.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

I rarely post on this thread, but I just want to express my love for these two. As much as I hate Twilight in general, J/B and Jacob will always be the best part about this series. I felt like they were the only "normal" thing in the books as opposed to Edward's excruciating beauty and all that BS. Their love was so natural and real, but Bella was too blinded by her unhealthy obssession with Edward that she couldn't follow her true heart's desire. One of the poignant moments in Eclipse was when she saw herself married to Jake with children. It showed to me how real her love for him actually was. Plus, there's a saying by Johnny Depp that goes like : "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.". Yep, that quote itself can speak volumes to me.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Its so nice to see that there are other people who feel the same about Jacob and Jacob/Bella as I do. I always feel like I'm some sort of Twilight freak of a fan because I dont get dazzled by Edward and I dislike the idea of Edward/Bella. In fact the only Cullens I really like are Carlistle and Emmett. I'm definitely preferential to the Wolf Pack.

But I agree, Jacob is the healthier and more natural choice for Bella. I'll never undersand Edward/Bella fans hatred of him. Sure he's made some bad choices, but he's not a bad guy. He's Bella's best friend. SHE loves him.

And on another note, I'm a weirdo in that I like Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart more than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Its kind of like Jacob and Bella in the movies. Taylor said that there were points in the movies where they were just playing Kristen and Taylor instead of Bella and Jacob.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

^ I kind of gave up on Twilight when the spoilers for Breaking Dawn came out but I keep coming back to J/B because they were the only good thing in the whole series.

As for Jacob making bad choices, I think due to his age and the fact that he has to deal with being a werewolf it caused him to do things impulsively without thinking of the consequences. It's not an excuse for the things he's done but it does make you think that maybe he was not in his right mind when he made those choices such as kissing Bella without permission.

I really love Taylor and Kristen's friendship as well, they're so cute
Reply   Post New Thread