Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey (View Post)
The thing is, though, she wouldn't have been making a completely informed decision if she knew what Dan knew. I don't think Dan is a selfish person, but he had the girl he's in love with tell him she wants to go away with him. I think it's safe to say he was scrambling for his keys so quickly because of his own personal desires more than wanting to do something for her. But it's shades of gray here. Is he a jerk for what he did? In my opinion, no, but he should have told her what Louis was doing for her.
Totally. And he instantly paid consequences for his moment weakness.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

I felt for both of them but I do feel Dan was acting selfishly. Then he paid for it immediately in a realistic way. Blair told him off and then left. I do think he will make it up to her. Gain back her trust.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There's a clear cause-and-effect dynamic with his character and we're not expected to forgive him because he's really pretty when he's sad or because he has parental issues, but because he's such a relatable character and we always understand his motivations.
Exactly
-Safe
Old 09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

I like that Dan's motivations are made clear. We understand where he is coming from.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I was always apathetic to Dan, but this pairing has made me appreciate him and how perfect he is for Blair. He's not perfect and can be selfish (last week's episode for example) but almost always realizes that he was wrong and faces the consequences. In other words, he's a flawed character, but one that's held responsible for his mistakes. Last week, he immediately 'fessed up and in result, lost Blair. Last season he got Blair her internship at W back after he schemed against her. There's a clear cause-and-effect dynamic with his character and we're not expected to forgive him because he's really pretty when he's sad or because he has parental issues, but because he's such a relatable character and we always understand his motivations.

Anyway, I feel like that's the kind of person Blair needs in her life. Louis can be sweet but is ultimately dull. Chuck is an extreme character, but extreme to a fault. Dan, on the other hand, centers Blair (she said it herself) while also sparking that ferocity in her. tl;dr I think these two bring out the best in each other.
Aw I agree with all these! He makes mistakes but when he realizes he is wrong, he admits his fault and make amends. I guess that imperfection makes him adorable and just Perfect! He is the one for Blair!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Dan was selfish, but really when it's the selfish that means he wants to be with the girl he loves and make her happy... it's not so much a bad thing

Also, he was probably feeling so deprived (she'd ignored him all summer) so here she was asking for him to take her any where
Old 09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm hoping to get more out of these two

Dan♥Blair/ Arthur♥Morgana/ Damon♥Elena/ Eric♥Sookie
Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

We've seen a lot of Dan being there for Blair. I really hope we get to see a reversal of this.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)

Also, he was probably feeling so deprived (she'd ignored him all summer) so here she was asking for him to take her any where
This is a puzzle to me. I thought they were going to watch movies together?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There's a clear cause-and-effect dynamic with his character and we're not expected to forgive him because he's really pretty when he's sad or because he has parental issues, but because he's such a relatable character and we always understand his motivations.
Very well said.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
Dan was selfish, but really when it's the selfish that means he wants to be with the girl he loves and make her happy... it's not so much a bad thing

Poor Dan.

I really hope we get a Dair hug this season. I don't know how I'll react.

At this point I'll take them holding hands. I would love for more intimate moments with them.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
Poor Dan.

I really hope we get a Dair hug this season. I don't know how I'll react.

At this point I'll take them holding hands. I would love for more intimate moments with them.
A hug is like #1 on my wishlist.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Guys vote for Dair. Vote Now! Which Gossip Girl Couple Is Meant to Be: Chair or Dair? - Gossip Girl
Old 09-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Voted

Diana
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Voted!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread