Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree about the balance of the characters.....and to me that's what's been missing this season. The Cross You Heart Job oir whatever it was called, was one of the only ones this season that felt like the Leverage of last year. I think the writers are so focused on trying to get us to accept Parker/Hardison and Nate/Sophie as couples they've completely forgotten about Eliot. And that just makes me sad.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnbygrace (View Post)
I agree about the balance of the characters.....and to me that's what's been missing this season. The Cross You Heart Job oir whatever it was called, was one of the only ones this season that felt like the Leverage of last year. I think the writers are so focused on trying to get us to accept Parker/Hardison and Nate/Sophie as couples they've completely forgotten about Eliot. And that just makes me sad.
CMHJ is my favourite so far this season!!

Not least for the throwing shirt to camera scene!!

If relationships are working they shouldn't need forcing in my opinion.
shabbytiger79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Exactly!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbytiger79 (View Post)
Hello!!

I am so glad you found us!!

So what hooked you? a particular scene? Mine was in the very first ep lol!

Thanks for the kind welcome!

From the very beginning, I chose to view Eliot's comments about Parker ("20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag", "there's something wrong with you", etc.) as equivalent to the little kid pulling the pigtails of the girl he likes.

There was not a particular scene, it was more the little things I noticed. Like in "The Homecoming Job" (which I just re-watched) there is a scene where Eliot touches Parker's shoulder briefly, and I noticed it because there was no job-related reason for him to be touching her. So, in my crazy shipper mind the only explanation was that he wanted to touch her. Wow! Now that I'm looking at my explanation, I'm worried that I sound like a crazy person who will squint as hard as possible to see whatever ship she wants!!
iheartcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Exactly!!!

Oh and.....

Old 09-16-2011, 12:36 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcam (View Post)
Thanks for the kind welcome!

From the very beginning, I chose to view Eliot's comments about Parker ("20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag", "there's something wrong with you", etc.) as equivalent to the little kid pulling the pigtails of the girl he likes.

There was not a particular scene, it was more the little things I noticed. Like in "The Homecoming Job" (which I just re-watched) there is a scene where Eliot touches Parker's shoulder briefly, and I noticed it because there was no job-related reason for him to be touching her. So, in my crazy shipper mind the only explanation was that he wanted to touch her. Wow! Now that I'm looking at my explanation, I'm worried that I sound like a crazy person who will squint as hard as possible to see whatever ship she wants!!
I too saw the banter as teasing/gruff banter. They communicated quickly with each other, and I think they are naturally comfortable being physical with each other.

Parker doesn't seem to mind him touching her and though it's punches/poking and all that, when she actively touches him it's not anxious or wary. I like that.

And it feels like its evolved organically. Just like him saying things like in TLWDJ- that showed to me how naturally these tow can have those talks, and she listens and accepts his observations because they aren't him telling her what to do, but sharing a different angle on it.

You don't have to squint to see that, don't worry!

Its a shame because these characters gel so easily and without artifice. It feels authentic. The show has decided its not romantic, but I can still see endless possibilities!!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Credit:kmoleary
Wanted to share because I love thus scene so much

Wish-list for upcoming episodes?

More scenes like this!!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbytiger79 (View Post)

And it feels like its evolved organically. Just like him saying things like in TLWDJ- that showed to me how naturally these tow can have those talks, and she listens and accepts his observations because they aren't him telling her what to do, but sharing a different angle on it.
I agree with you completely! (although, maybe that's obvious by the fact that I'm here) Their interactions are natural, and make sense to me. Whereas, sometimes Parker's interactions with Hardison feel forced or out of place (as though the writers put them together for no other reason than to promote the relationship).

I feel like Eliot and Parker understand each other in a way that none of the others ever will.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcam (View Post)

I feel like Eliot and Parker understand each other in a way that none of the others ever will.
This completely!!

I loved how in The Inside Job, everyone but Eliot was surprised by her place. He was all, it's exactly like I imagined.

So many little scenes that add up to them getting each other.

But I also like that they don't agree all the time and he still calls her on it when she says crazy stuff. That's as it should be.

He made sure that kid got away from his abusive dad in The Order 23 Job, she tried to save all the kids in The Stork Job. I love the symmetry of them sometimes.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The art is beautiful.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Shabby if the show would let YOU write Eliot and Parker we might just get what we want.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Shabby if the show would let YOU write Eliot and Parker we might just get what we want.
Awww. Thank you.

Nah I suck at cons lol.

I am most excited about Archie and Tara returning in the coming eps.

Archie for Parker as I really want to know what's up with that, and Tara because she was accepted by them at the end and it'll be nice to have her back and kick ass alongside Eliot maybe.

Anyone else excited about the new eps?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
New Fan

I AM! I'm looking forward to seeing all the old faces (Sterling, Maggie, Quinn, Archie, Hurley, Peggy...Tara not so much...Nate's dad) I think the one I most look forward to is Archie to see what happens. Eliot wasn't so impressed with him and neither was Nate.

I'm with you guys though. We need MORE Eliot and LOTS MORE e/p!!
irish63116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish63116 (View Post)
I AM! I'm looking forward to seeing all the old faces (Sterling, Maggie, Quinn, Archie, Hurley, Peggy...Tara not so much...Nate's dad) I think the one I most look forward to is Archie to see what happens. Eliot wasn't so impressed with him and neither was Nate.

I'm with you guys though. We need MORE Eliot and LOTS MORE e/p!!
I always want more E/P scenes

Ooh Maggie, forgot about that. Okay am officially excited despite being a bit bummed lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Shabby, I completely agree with this point!! Although in the absence of actual E/P, I certainly have enjoyed reading (and re-reading) all the great E/P fanfics out there.
Reply   Post New Thread