Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Finally made gifs of 201.

thank you Shu. There are no gifs of them.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the gifs!

The pool scene is very hot.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Love that!

Diana
dwoods87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope to see them back together like that again.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 12-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

We will.

Diana
dwoods87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I so hope so!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:48 PM
New Fan

So many posters on the soapchat board hate Elena's mom. I don't see what is objectionable about her except her very uninspired name. They all complain that she was not in the original so she doesn't belong on the reboot. How do the Chris and Elena shippers feel about the Ramos family?
Garnet McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet McGee (View Post)
So many posters on the soapchat board hate Elena's mom. I don't see what is objectionable about her except her very uninspired name. They all complain that she was not in the original so she doesn't belong on the reboot. How do the Chris and Elena shippers feel about the Ramos family?
I like them. I can't help, but feel the anger/resentment towards the Ramos family is tinged with a trace of racism. They seem to hate the idea that the hispanic help are being written as being of value. I prefer the brother to Carmen. But, Carmen is a typical mother who worries about her children. She also seems quite loyal to the Ewings. She doesn't get that much air-time so I don't know what there really is to hate.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I like them. I can't help, but feel the anger/resentment towards the Ramos family is tinged with a trace of racism. They seem to hate the idea that the hispanic help are being written as being of value. I prefer the brother to Carmen. But, Carmen is a typical mother who worries about her children. She also seems quite loyal to the Ewings. She doesn't get that much air-time so I don't know what there really is to hate.
I get this sense of underlying racism too. On the other hand I have to agree with the complainers that Elena and her portrayer are a bit bland. Carmen can be a bit bland too but the objections that they don't belong on the show because they were not on the original are ridiculous. The portrayal of Teresa and the other hispanic male (Miguel?) on the original are offensive. They have no personalities, no lines and no close ups of their faces. They are often portrayed by different actors. At least with the Ramos family we know their background and about their motivations and dreams. Elena is the only self made character on the show. I like the idea of the Ramos family being motivated by their claim to a birthright just like the Ewings and Barnes families. It is already ridiculous enough that there are no African Americans in the Dallasverse except for Sheriff Derek. To not have any Hispanics would be ridiculous. I liked Elena in season 1 when she was with John Ross. Drew finally grew on me when he showed some courage and creativity when he captured the real criminal. Drew and Emma have potential.
Any thoughts about why there is so much more PamRoss love out on the Internet?

I'm still waiting for Chris and Elena to capture my fancy. Perhaps in season 3.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I get this sense of underlying racism too. On the other hand I have to agree with the complainers that Elena and her portrayer are a bit bland. Carmen can be a bit bland too but the objections that they don't belong on the show because they were not on the original are ridiculous. The portrayal of Teresa and the other hispanic male (Miguel?) on the original are offensive. They have no personalities, no lines and no close ups of their faces. They are often portrayed by different actors. At least with the Ramos family we know their background and about their motivations and dreams. Elena is the only self made character on the show. I like the idea of the Ramos family being motivated by their claim to a birthright just like the Ewings and Barnes families. It is already ridiculous enough that there are no African Americans in the Dallasverse except for Sheriff Derek. To not have any Hispanics would be ridiculous. I liked Elena in season 1 when she was with John Ross. Drew finally grew on me when he showed some courage and creativity when he captured the real criminal. Drew and Emma have potential.
Any thoughts about why there is so much more PamRoss love out on the Internet?

I'm still waiting for Chris and Elena to capture my fancy. Perhaps in season 3.
Perhaps. The thing about Chris/Elena that I really enjoy is that they do the angst really well. But, at the time John Ross was a fan favorite so people automatically sided with him because they thought he wasn't his fathers son. I always suspected his thing with Elena was more about his rivalry with Christopher. I do respect the argument about the acting. I've seen Jordana in other things and know she can do better, but they didn't really give her story in s2. I think that may have had a little to do with the story-writing shift in S2. I'm looking forward to seeing Chris/Elena bringing the angst. Sweet couples aren't always what catches an audience's favor. But, it was enough to draw me in. I originally tuned in because I had some childhood memories of Dallas and liked Jessie Metcalfe. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

I do think that CE need a little shaking up and I'm looking forward to learning more about the Ramos family.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Perhaps. The thing about Chris/Elena that I really enjoy is that they do the angst really well. But, at the time John Ross was a fan favorite so people automatically sided with him because they thought he wasn't his fathers son. I always suspected his thing with Elena was more about his rivalry with Christopher. I do respect the argument about the acting. I've seen Jordana in other things and know she can do better, but they didn't really give her story in s2. I think that may have had a little to do with the story-writing shift in S2. I'm looking forward to seeing Chris/Elena bringing the angst. Sweet couples aren't always what catches an audience's favor. But, it was enough to draw me in. I originally tuned in because I had some childhood memories of Dallas and liked Jessie Metcalfe. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

I do think that CE need a little shaking up and I'm looking forward to learning more about the Ramos family.
I got the impression that John Ross did really love Elena but he would not have been as interested if not for the rivalry with Christopher. Maybe the same is true of his feelings for Pamela. He seems to lose interest and move on so quickly. Chris and Elena are the only couple whose feelings have remained consistent. I think Elena loved John Ross too. But she did not love him like she loves Chris. I also think Chris loved Rebecca just not the way he loves Elena. They may be sleeping with others, love others but they remain truly in love with each other. I prefer the angsty Chris/Elena to Chris/Elena together. It was the same with Downton Abbey. Once Mary and Matthew got together it was a snoozefest.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I got the impression that John Ross did really love Elena but he would not have been as interested if not for the rivalry with Christopher. Maybe the same is true of his feelings for Pamela. He seems to lose interest and move on so quickly. Chris and Elena are the only couple whose feelings have remained consistent. I think Elena loved John Ross too. But she did not love him like she loves Chris. I also think Chris loved Rebecca just not the way he loves Elena. They may be sleeping with others, love others but they remain truly in love with each other. I prefer the angsty Chris/Elena to Chris/Elena together. It was the same with Downton Abbey. Once Mary and Matthew got together it was a snoozefest.
some couples are just more interesting with the push and pull. I do agree that no matter who they are with, they always come back to each other.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have a problem with Elena's family I do like her mom but we didn't get enough of her to make me really love her as a character. But, I do like her brother he seemed to be a good guy who got involved with bad people. Elena is who I love the most she does need her own storyline so I'm quite glad that she gets that for this new season.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
New Fan

season 1 Elena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowYourღ (View Post)
I don't have a problem with Elena's family I do like her mom but we didn't get enough of her to make me really love her as a character. But, I do like her brother he seemed to be a good guy who got involved with bad people. Elena is who I love the most she does need her own storyline so I'm quite glad that she gets that for this new season.
I really liked her independence and intelligence in season 1. Even though she was with the wrong man she didn't spend a lot of time scowling like in season 2. Jordana's face looked more natural in season 1 too.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked her in season one too I loved her independence and strong will I think this whole thing with her in season 3 is going to be a lot like revenge and I don't like Elena being the bad guy cause she was always so nice and sweet to everyone.
Reply   Post New Thread