Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

I would have preferred if they were killing Logan off. That he died on a mission for his country. That way he could still be out there for some reason. Or at least it would make more sense because he was in such a dangerous job. And it could open up things for Veronica, wanting to know what went down, but not being able to know because it's sensitive material. Not the insulting and stupid way he died.

Hell they could had Logan died saving Veronica's life if they wanted to got with a traumatized and a guilt ridden Veronica overall. Considering the bomb was meant for her and she left it in the bloody car. Where Logan saved Veronica during an investigation or from a bomb. And he lived long enough for her to have some bedside moment of how much she loves him, only for him to be ripped away from her.

The way they went was just asking to be a disaster.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly, any death would have an improvement over what we got.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

See personally what I think would have been a good ending.

Veronica and Logan break up, they both move on with their lives sorta. They're both hurting and still in love with each other, but they are at a impasse with their relationship. Keith and Veronica still solve the whole bomb thing. But they aren't idiots with evidence and the bomb is found and taken care of. They still get all the glory and get success from all over.

Then it still jumps a year later, Veronica is working a case. That has ties to the Navy, and who should she run into, but Logan whose also working the case. They have this big WTF stare off with each other, of basically like the universe isn't playing nice. And then the music cuts to We Used To Be Friends. The season is over and they just leave you there, with LoVe reunited in a way over a case.

People would go mental, wondering what the case if of Veronica and Logan working together. Will he try to boot her off because it involves the Navy, but Veronica being Veronica sticks around. Or Logan knowing how brilliant she is, keeps her around to help solve the case.

What have they been up to the year apart? Did Veronica start something with Leo? More friends with benefits than an actual relationship?

Did Logan catch up with Parker for round two or someone else? Are they both single, but both are way too scared to go there again because they still want different things. Or perhaps Veronica realized Logan was the one and has been pining after him the entire time, but her pride wouldn't let her make the first move.

The angst, the longing, the chemistry, the complications, it would bring all the drama that RT wanted. Without a bunch of stupid cliché drama that just a kick to the head.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds a lot better than what we got
Old 02-12-2023, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-13-2023, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Honestly, any death would have an improvement over what we got.
Season 4 is an absolute disgrace. It's so bad that it somehow makes crappy season 3 look a whole lot better than it used to.

Not only was Logan's quick off-screen death such utter BS, but so was giving Veronica the hots for Leo.

>>> I mean, how stupid does Rob Thomas think we are??? In season 1, Veronica dumped Leo FOR LOGAN.

Doing a complete 180 with them in season 4 reiterates how little respect Mr. Thomas has for the fans and the characters.

Plus, I remember that TV Guide youtube interview with Jason Dohring and he was VISIBLY upset at being killed off.

In retrospect, I shouldn't be surprised. Remember the promo for the movie? They had Jason pose with TEAM PIZ shirts?

That was basically Rob Thomas living vicariously through Piz, just as he had done with Duncan before that.

Also, it speaks volumes how bad season 4 was in two ways:

1) The show immediately faded into obscurity and is never talked about anymore.
2) None of us had posted in this thread for TWO YEARS. That is shocking, given how we used to post here regularly. It really bummbed us all out.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Big time and it feels some people forget that it was a bad season even before Logan got killed.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ definitely.

I don't think anything of substance actually happened the whole time.

Logan was the only character with substance and yet they had the nerve to make Veronica MOCK him for it. She mocked him for the same thing she had CRITICIZED him for in season 3 (his anger issues). Just unbelievable.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-15-2023, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely

Veronica was so OOC in Season 4 unfortunately
Old 02-15-2023, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It goes without saying that we all loved Logan/Veronica for the passion they always shared, so I had no problem with their sex scenes... But the one in season 4 where she basically entices Logan into having rough sex with her was really REALLY gross

Because you could tell he wasn't comfortable with it. He had tried so hard for so long to conceal his fighting behavior, he had talked about it in counselling. Yet Veronica destroys all that by complaining that he needs to show passion with her in order to make her feel wanted and he ends up PUNCHING the wall just to turn her on.

This is the same Veronica who cut Logan out of her life in season 3 because he beat up Piz in a jealous rage.

This writing is schizophrenic.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-16-2023, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hated that scene so much, felt really bad for Logan in that moment too.

It really was
Old 02-23-2023, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Rob Thomas (the creator) is such a prick. He played games with fans the whole time. He knew that the majority of the kickstarter backers (who paid to get the movie funded) were Logan/Veronica shippers because they left comments stating this with their payments.

And THIS is how he repays them. It's gross beyond belief.

He even ruined most of the movie with the Piz nonsense.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-24-2023, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He really did, never got why Piz was in the movie outside of Rob and Kristen liking Chris.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I mean if they wanted drama with them, instead of what they did to Logan.

They could have them be married, Logan gone half the time with his job, Veronica gone as well for hers, and the distance being hard on them.
That's what kills me, too. They killed him because they didn't want to have Veronica attached. But! His job EASILY could have kept him away. They could have been married. WE GET TO SEE HER RING ALWAYS and she would be free to do her cases without him *being there.*
Old 07-30-2023, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
That's what kills me, too. They killed him because they didn't want to have Veronica attached. But! His job EASILY could have kept him away. They could have been married. WE GET TO SEE HER RING ALWAYS and she would be free to do her cases without him *being there.*
Having just re-watched the season 1 finale and the early season 2 episodes, I'm convinced that Rob Thomas was a HUGE Duncan/Veronica shipper and always resented that the Team Logan fandom blew up so much. So I think he killed Logan as a way to tell the audience "we're not letting the original bad boy get a happy ending."

It reminds me of how Joss Whedon hated Spike's growing popularity in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so much so that he threw the actor (James Marsters) against a wall to threaten him about killing Spike off.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Reply   Post New Thread