Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzandnaomifan (View Post)
yes, I do I don't like mouldy cheese omg. I only like um...the weak stuff sounds like drugs. CHEESE STRINGS ARE PERF THO PANDAH

oh crap yeah, I never actually think about that other than - there's hot 40's women on my screen...

omg I remember watching a video about them. I cried. I'm crying even more at the thought of Betty and Kate getting married at that age.
In Canada they could have gotten married in 2003. They'd be 90 and 86 ... and yeah I'm right there with you.

And eww cheese string. Processed cheese and preservatives... but whatever floats your boat.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yes, I do I don't like mouldy cheese omg. I only like um...the weak stuff sounds like drugs. CHEESE STRINGS ARE PERF THO PANDAH
Cheese might as well be drugs I swear to god it can make you hallucinate. And damn gurl I took you to be a real cheese eater of like all the cheeses in cheeseville. I'm disappoint.

Quote:
oh crap yeah, I never actually think about that other than - there's hot 40's women on my screen...
The way you say that makes them sound middle aged.

Quote:
omg I remember watching a video about them. I cried. I'm crying even more at the thought of Betty and Kate getting married at that age.
Are you talking about this cos omg. That broke my heart.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Cheese might as well be drugs I swear to god it can make you hallucinate. And damn gurl I took you to be a real cheese eater of like all the cheeses in cheeseville. I'm disappoint.
hey....hey...you wanna buy some Brie? *looks shifty* DON'T BE DISAPPOINT, I have weak taste buds

Quote:
The way you say that makes them sound middle aged.
omfg it does. I wouldn't mind it if they were

Quote:
Are you talking about this cos omg. That broke my heart.
yah. That one and there's another story not to long ago and it was super cute.

Quote:
And eww cheese string. Processed cheese and preservatives... but whatever floats your boat.
but it tastes suh gewd
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
hey....hey...you wanna buy some Brie? *looks shifty* DON'T BE DISAPPOINT, I have weak taste buds

yah. That one and there's another story not to long ago and it was super cute.

but it tastes suh gewd
Neither would I. Then again, we all age sooner or later..

The Edie and Thea A Very Long Engagement. I just watched the preview... it's so beautiful!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

This thread is moving too fast for me. I love it though.

Quote:
And when it comes down to it, Kate might be flirting with guys right now, but she always sort of knocks them back for Betty. I mean just the last episode Kate didn't give a fig about Eugene after the confrontation with Karl (I think his name was Karl?) she went after Betty, asked what happened, then took her by the hand indoors to dress her wound, and just like, on the surface she's acting as she thinks she should, normal, but her true colours show when Betty gets hurt or upset and all that matters in that moment is making sure Betty is ok. I mean Eugene probably bruised up his knuckles too throwing all those punches, but he didn't matter. No one else really matters. When it comes down to it Kate's heart stopped when those projectiles swung at Betty in 1x06, only Betty, and that is always going to be the case.
It's all so, so true though. No matter what, Betty is the only thing that matters to Kate. It's like MacLennan said: things change, but what's important to BK always remains the same.

Quote:
The haters are really grasping at straws. There's nothing at all negative about what Ali said. A love story just it's very definition is a story of love between two people, I mean just I can't with this crap.
Quote:
Yeah me neither. I mean it's the 40s? They stare lovingly and longingly at each other.
What do they expect? They just grab each other? They deck themselves out in rainbow gear? Kate gives Betty a lapdance? This isn't the L Word...
I mean for crying out loud.

Yeah it's a love story. Whether or not they get a happy ending together is another story. But it will never mean that they don't love each other..
THIS THIS THIS.

Quote:
I've had a few OTPs before... not all ended well. But they were all canon...
Quote:
About 90% of my ships go down the crapper so you're in welcome company here.
All of my OTPs are canon and are going well right now, so.

Quote:
ah but seriously guys, you guys are all saying really cool things and I'm here like "yes because cute"
Most of what I'm saying is just me shaking and crying and going OMFG THEY ARE PERFECT THO.

Quote:
Someone on tumblr pointed out Betty will be 100 this year, and I don't know how to process this information, because her story speaks to me so clearly but she's from this whole other time, and to think that she and Kate won't forever be young and in love just makes me want to curl up into a ball and never come out again.
It's seriously depressing, in its own way. And it's weird thinking about how if they were real people, they would have lived their whole lives already and would have maybe never gotten to see all of the freedoms and equality we're afforded today. Even if they did live to be able to get legally married, it would have never been the same as them getting married when they were young and impassioned.

Quote:
There's some great analysis of the last episode here.
That ****ing analysis. This ****ing show. How. HOW.

Quote:
Wow so rude string cheese is the ****ing BEST.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really meant no offense with the cheese thing. I'm just a bit of a food purist... don't mind me.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrchild (View Post)
I really meant no offense with the cheese thing. I'm just a bit of a food purist... don't mind me.
Don't worry, I'm just joking.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Loyal Fan

wow new thread! TFTNT
I'm gonna back read first. The thread is fast.

..solving puzzles saving the day..
You're Safe here
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU DON'T LIKE MARMITE. And Grange Hill taught me to just say no to drugs man, just say no.

Quote:
I would be so on board with it. But you know having them in their 20s is cool too. How old is Kate even? Since Charlotte Hegele is younger than me and this fcks my sht up, cos I thought she was like 26 or something.

Quote:
It's like MacLennan said: things change, but what's important to BK always remains the same.
I love that he said this, and loathe how misinterpreted it's been with people who keep saying it literally means their relationship status never changes, and well **** that, he's talking about the bond between them, and how it's not going to waver despite being put through the wringer. Betty and Kate are going to stand the test of time is what he's ****ing saying and that is OTP endgame treatment.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU DON'T LIKE MARMITE. And Grange Hill taught me to just say no to drugs man, just say no.
I don't like marmite because it's gross and bitter ¬_¬' BUT IT'S THE GOOD STUFF, MAN, THUUUHHH GEWWWWDDDD STUFFFFFF

Quote:
I would be so on board with it. But you know having them in their 20s is cool too. How old is Kate even? Since Charlotte Hegele is younger than me and this fcks my sht up, cos I thought she was like 26 or something.
Her character's probs the same age as her. pandah, you're just really old.

Quote:
Most of what I'm saying is just me shaking and crying and going OMFG THEY ARE PERFECT THO.
I think that's a case of tumblris fangirlitus
Quote:
Wow so rude string cheese is the ****ing BEST.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

OMG I LOVE CHEESE

Ok, now I'm picturing McAndrews as old ladies, sitting on their porch and holding hands

Quote:
The Edie and Thea A Very Long Engagement. I just watched the preview... it's so beautiful!
I watched that doc a little while ago. It's very moving.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't like marmite because it's gross and bitter ¬_¬' BUT IT'S THE GOOD STUFF, MAN, THUUUHHH GEWWWWDDDD STUFFFFFF
Marmite is not bitter D: it's tangy and strong I grant you, but bitter no way. Do you eat twiglets? I find that most people say they don't like marmite but still like twiglets and I'm just.... I'm just exasperated by these types of people.

Quote:
Her character's probs the same age as her. pandah, you're just really old.
*goes to the post office to collect my pension*

Quote:
I think that's a case of tumblris fangirlitus
Pretty certain we were all flailing back in the day before tumblr. When was the place to be and every show had like 4353 million forums and there was so much more choice in where to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
OMG I LOVE CHEESE
Naomeh.

Quote:
Ok, now I'm picturing McAndrews as old ladies, sitting on their porch and holding hands
Listening to Kate sing 'wished on the moon' on an old gramophone since in my headcanon, they totally get a record cut of Kate singing their song. And that is their song. AND THEY LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME.

Quote:
I watched that doc a little while ago. It's very moving.
It was beautiful, but also so gut-wrenchingly sad. Their love was truly legendary, seriously.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Marmite is not bitter D: it's tangy and strong I grant you, but bitter no way. Do you eat twiglets? I find that most people say they don't like marmite but still like twiglets and I'm just.... I'm just exasperated by these types of people.
I do not eat twiglets because they taste like sick.

Quote:
*goes to the post office to collect my pension*
want me to walk you, bb? I'll get a badge for it...

Quote:
Pretty certain we were all flailing back in the day before tumblr. When was the place to be and every show had like 4353 million forums and there was so much more choice in where to post.
yeah, course! but tumblr seems to have this...type of fangirl which is....I can't explain it but I do miss the good old days on here

Quote:
OMG I LOVE CHEESE
cheese is friggin' awesome
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do not eat twiglets because they taste like sick.
And they coat your fingers in sticky marmite sht and even I don't have time for that.

Quote:
want me to walk you, bb? I'll get a badge for it...
Look at us. We're a beautiful pair.

Quote:
yeah, course! but tumblr seems to have this...type of fangirl which is....I can't explain it but I do miss the good old days on here
I think crazy explains it.

Can anybody tell me if they know.....
Spoiler:
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

What's marmite?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread