Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Priya And I'm so glad to hear you're doing better too! From the bottom, the only way is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1008 (View Post)
i am very proud to ship them. i sort of feel like we are a very special tribe who was chosen to be saved from the wreckage of S6.
I know what you mean, I feel that way too Only someone who's been through first this amazing spring and then these past couple of weeks of shock can understand this. There's just no comparison for this ride, not among my shipping experiences at least. And I feel like we all have been so amazingly there for each other in the bad times that that creates a unique sense of community as well. I'm still quite a newbie at FF, but I feel at home here with you guys.

DB
NickJess
Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

DB were a good thing, reminding myself of the Shawshank Redemption quote on hope....... that no good thing dies, we shipped the right couple and rooted for them, and i stand by that
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica22_99 (View Post)
I can't beleive I am still talking about this show at this point. It has been a bad year for my ships first DB then M/L on Grey's now J/E on Revenge. J/E have a better shot at some point. I guess what dissapoints me most is that DB were planned and written very good just because the show is about to end does not mean you blow up everything you have written for five years to pimp one couple mind you a couple that is toxic together. I have never seen the backlash that a show is getting because they decided to regress alll the characters except Nate in one episode.
lol. I don't think you have to worry about J/E at all. The couple was just given another obstacle. They made it clear in the finale where their feelings lie.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1008 (View Post)
i'm starting to feel a lot better actually. i am very proud to ship them. i sort of feel like we are a very special tribe who was chosen to be saved from the wreckage of S6.
That's one way of looking at it. At least we're not being strung along.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Hey all

Haven't had regular access to the internet (or cable) since April, so I'm incredibly behind.

I think the last Dair I saw was them first getting together. Anyone care to recap me?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's skies (View Post)
Hey all

Haven't had regular access to the internet (or cable) since April, so I'm incredibly behind.

I think the last Dair I saw was them first getting together. Anyone care to recap me?
lol. Are you sure you want to know? I feel like you're better off remembering them as you last saw them.

If you really want to know... lol

So basically, the show went on hiatus and when it came back, it was a month later. DB had been trying to have sex but different things kept interrupting them (Lily&Rufus moved into the loft). Eventually, they got a hotel room and it was really bad. Very boring.

So Dan talked to Nate and Blair to Dorota. And while they did, they both got drunk. Eventually, they met at the VDW's and entered the elevator together. They spoke about how it sucked and Dan told her that she was very good in his head. And she took that as a challenge and said she's good out of it as well. She stopped the elevator and they had sex there. Then they went to a bar in Brooklyn, had sex in the restroom and ended the night by having sex in an alley. LOL.

The next episode, Blair got her divorce. She was acting strange and Dan learned Chuck paid her dowry so he thought she wanted to get back with Chuck. Turns out it was because she was sad that she never got to be a princess. Dan crowned her a princess on the Met steps.

The next episode, Blair wanted them to come out as a couple at some event. Rufus and Lily were having problems so Rufus told Dan to never lose himself in the relationship. That made Dan tell Blair that he didn't want to get lost in her world. Eventually, they decided to have their coming out party at the loft with a British theme discussing art and books or whatever. They didn't invite their friends but they gate crashed and ruined the whole thing. Blair took this as a sign that their relationship was doomed but Dan said it wasn't. He said it wasn't about being from different worlds and that they are a team. He spent the night at her place and they stayed up all night talking about British books and stuff.

The next episode, DB were mentioned in some article. Dan as a rising star and Blair as a failure. Dan had some award ceremony to attend and Blair came as his date. However, she wanted to raise her own status so she hijacked the event and humiliated him. He was upset and later on she explained that she got lost in her previous relationships and didn't want to play second fiddle to yet another man. Dan told her that he loved that they were equals and said some really sweet things to her.

The next episode is when everything started to go to hell. Chuck needed Blair for a scheme and Dan was jealous and worried the whole time. He got an offer to go to Rome for a fellowship but turned it down because he was insecure about the relationship. He told Blair that he loved her and she kind of ignored it. "You know I love you?" "I do now. Let's eat."

The next episode, Blair found out he lied about Rome and told him to go. She had another scheme with Chuck plus she found out his father was alive in the previous episode. Dan invited Blair to go to Italy with him but she really didn't want to go. She eventually agreed and they had some interview with the organizers and she chose to scheme with Chuck instead and sent Serena to pretend to be her on the interview. In the end, Dan was understanding because he figured she had to be with Chuck because his daddy was alive again. Anyway, he asked her again if she was sure she wanted to go to Rome with him and she said yes.

In the season finale, Blair's diaries were released on Gossip Girl. She had one where she wondered if she could ever love anyone like she did Chuck. Dan saw it and asked her about her feelings. She denied that she's in love with Chuck so he asked her how she felt about him especially as she'd been ignoring his ILYs. She couldn't answer and he told her she had till that night to tell him what she felt.

In the end, she doesn't tell him and instead goes to tell Chuck she's in love with him and has been hiding from her feelings for him. Chuck rejects her but she follows him to Monaco to tell him that she's "all in."

While waiting for Blair who never shows up, Dan has sex with Serena. Serena taped it because she's in a fight with Blair. In the end, Dan tells Serena he wants nothing to do with her.

So there you have it. LOL
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's skies
Hey all

Guuuuuuuuuurl........

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the recap, what a rollercoaster! :roll_eyes:

Saw some clips and Dair were cute until TPTB decided to derail it all
and I really can't believe Dan would do that... and they have no scenes? WTF? Why wouldn't they have a proper send-off at all?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Dair were completely ripped off.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
lol. I don't think you have to worry about J/E at all. The couple was just given another obstacle. They made it clear in the finale where their feelings lie.
Ditto

Emily admitted what we all knew - that he loves Jack and always had, it was just her finally admitting it and being at the end of her revenge path, that look of contentment, but J/E are a couple so meant to be..... but cant be coz of where they stand and the situation
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
I need this to be printed out and posted on the wall of the writers' room. & Savage's office.

Quote:

You should probably play the lottery. lol

Have y'all seen Leighton's interview with Just Jared? She discusses Dan and Chuck. Kind of interesting.

Quote:
JJ: Do you know how Gossip Girl will end?

LM: I can tell you how I hope it’ll all end, but I don’t really have any say. I won’t know until…I think I won’t know until after I shoot. I think Blair and Chuck, that whole relationship, is probably going to keep going round and round. I like her with Dan, too. They have an interesting relationship. My real problem is that I love working with both of them and I have a connection to both of them. I have love and chemistry with both of them in completely different ways. Dan is more of an intellectual stimulating partner, where Chuck is more I guess a sexually stimulating partner. She plays her little mind games and they do weird sexy time games and it’s kind of funny. So I don’t know [who she’ll end up with].

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Leighton Meester talks her Spring Tour w/ Check in the Dark in an exclusive shoot w/ JustJared
I know she's not privy to much, especially at this point, but the fact that Dan is still in the conversation is something. This interview is definitely post finale because she talks about the renewal, being on hiatus, and they talk about guest stars for the last season. And, well, both the question and answer reference the end. Clearly, she thinks Dan is still in it somehow. That's good!

Also, Leighton, bb, your Dair shipping is showing. haha "[chair] keep going round and round," "[dair] have an interesting relationship," and "Chuck is more I guess a sexually stimulating partner." hahaha It's not much but she speaks more positively about Dair. The "I guess" is slaying me. Idk if she intended it as a qualifier but that is how I choose to take it.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Leighton saying "I guess" is her being confused like us about how in the world is Blair still in love with Chuck when they really don't have much in common anymore. That's what i've been telling people all this time. They just don't make sense any longer.

I think Leighton gets it too, but she can't say anything negative towards the CB relationship because she knows a lot of GG fans are still invested in that doomed relationship and lets be real, it's been financially beneficial for her too with promotions.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol Oh, I think she is definitely side eyeing this writing and relationship. You're right, even if you take away the abuse, they just are a terrible couple. What do they talk about? I guess they just have alot of sex. Which, ok. But, lbr, it takes more than that. Also, I can't believe for one second that Chuck Bass is better in bed than Dan Humphrey. It's just....no way. I guarantee that sex with Chuck Bass would involve alot of "I'm Chuck Bass" and him making sure he's satisfied. Dan, however....well. Come on. I think we can all figure this one out. The way Dan treats her outside of the bedroom says it all.

I definitely think Leighton is not saying exactly what she thinks. I don't blame her at all. Don't bite the hand and all that. Not to mention, some of them are cray cray.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Leighton you need to go and see Savage and the writers - coz they know and whats being said in the media........ lol

Chuck would be rough with her there as well, in that department, all lust, and rough, and fast lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread