Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

So even annelli0t is giving up.

oh man....they really smashed our poor shippers hopes.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Best reaction ever...this girl spoke every word is in my head.

Dair Fandom Thoughts | Season 5 Finale - YouTube
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved her Dair vids.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

I dont know if its just me, but everytime i think on DB whenever it enters my mind, all i can see is put blame on Blair mostly, the woman left without saying goodbye - just nothing to give back to Dan....... selfish or what
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't be angry at the characters. I'm angry at the writers/producers/directors. They did this with their nasty pandering. They wanted a sixth season and they used us for buzz and to prop their ratings. Now they've got their sixth season, so it's my belief that they rewrote the finale. I expect they think the Dair fandom is reasonable and will stick with them when they lie to us... again... and say "Trust us! The characters you love will be fine and they'll have great endings!"

Never. I'm not a Chair shipper. I'm not some immature child who stamps their feet and demands their way or they scream, but what I am is a mature adult who knows what to do when I cease to find a television show enjoyable. I stop watching. I won't come back under any circumstance either.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchubr (View Post)
Best reaction ever...this girl spoke every word is in my head.

^ Oh yeah, that YT recap from yesterday was the MOST cogent, articulate and brilliant one so far by a wide mile.

But I do also love the one from Monday night with the guy who is all astonishment and is littered with profanity because he was just so appalled---it was just so visceral and raw coming right after show ended. He was cracking my azz up!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow... this thread is still sooo bitter. AND I LOVE IT!!

BTW, what is all this talk about Eleanor's expression? Maybe I didn't pay attention, but what expression did she have?
icon:Ann
Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest1ny (View Post)
Wow.

Reading that from Annelli0t hurt. It just shows the magnitude of the hurt GG writers have caused. I am going through all 5 stages of grief, out of order. I don't know how long it will take, but I will not stop loving Dan and Blair's story.

I know this is hard to do, but take a look at these. I mean...seriously!

You don't know?! Really?! Are you even listening to yourself? Do you see Eleanor's expressions? This angers me more than ever.

The GG writers took common sense to the back of the building and shot it in the heart and head.
Nikki - Those expressions
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

what is this thread title from?

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl008 (View Post)
It's something someone came up with, using Kanye West songs
Elite Fan

Quote:
From last night. Through the Wire & Good Life are Kanye West songs.

New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
spiderspins, a new poster....

idk I know how writers rooms work as well, and I know that the showrunner has ultimte say - AND that sometimes the network execs will step in. Though the point of a writing staff is to collaborate, throw out ideas, brainstorm, work together to find the stories, the arcs, to break the season and make it cohesive. If they all did so, I doubt the showrunner would be vetoing it right and left. So yes, I do blame the entire writing staff for the failure. They were hired and even if they don't like the show, I expect integrity from them and always expect their best effort.

Do i blame the showrunner more? YES. (and who the eff was in charge at season's end? I think the idiocy also had to do with the handing over of the title and whatever confusion came with it) It all comes down to what they want, and it's true that the writing staff works for the showrunner/exec producers. If any of them could come up with better character arcs, plots and plot twists I'm sure they would have been very welcomed. But it seems they just plain can't...
I should correct myself and say I don't blame JUST the writers. It was a horribly written episode. No cohesive thought in the whole thing. I just wanted to let you know since people commented how quiet the writers are being, trust me, they know it was bad. It's really sad and I always hope for integrity, but after living in the entertainment capital and dabbled in the "industry", I don't know why I'm surprised. I can't say for certainty who has the final say; if I took a guess, I'd agree that it's a collaboration of many. I really think they had a ultimate ending in sight and didn't stop to realize what they unintentionally had. It's because of this, that although it's annoying when shows switch partners and "soulmates" around so much it's incestuous (i.e. 90210), sometimes having that freedom of no "endgame" is a good thing. All in all, it seems pretty obvious certain writers don't care too much what happens and in turn we get the kind of finale GG had.

No matter how bad it was, honestly, the worst part of it all is excusing and denying an abusive relationship and completely re-writing what happened. It's an insult to intelligent (OR anyone with half a brain) viewers and irresponsible to young impressionable viewers. I couldn't ever do that myself, but what's done is done. Trust me, certain people are not proud of this at all and are very aware of the hate their getting.

I am curious as to the actors' take on this. It seemed like poor acting to me which may be both because they knew it was ridiculous and/or they're just tired of this job. Just think about having the same job for 5 years; it's a good thing to be working, but everyone gets bored from time to time especially if not challenged or given new material. Unfortunately, we may never know as you never want to "bite the hand that feeds you". If we do, it'll be at least a year from now when they are no longer obligated to the show.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Sov what is the media saying about the finale? do they feel as we do? and have the writers given any good interviews at all explaining themselves?

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I bet they didn't expect this amount of backlash. Even people who never spoke about GG are talking about it now. Just because we don't start campaigns and all of that doesn't mean we don't matter. Now they are getting to see that there are many people who aren't down for the CB nonsense and incoherent storytelling.

Quote:
Sov what is the media saying about the finale? do they feel as we do? and have the writers given any good interviews at all explaining themselves?
I know some people said they won't even bother recapping the finale.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

^ lol that's awesome.

Did you guys see this?

OoOoOo, Gossip Girl!!
You really just managed to destroy DAIR in one episode. W.T.F.
Sigh… we're still in mourning. If it wasn't for our phenomenal experience with Glee, we'd still be wearing black.

But DAIR or not, we're obviously coming back for Season 6. How could we resist?? Serena has officially reached the highest temperature of hot mess status, and we couldn't be happier! That gurl is a wreck of a human being. After stabbing Blair in the back LIKE THAT, we hope she falls flat on her face in that black hole of self-delusion.
Gossip Girl: Season 6 Spoilers!! | PerezHilton.com

love Perez!

icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread