Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike #233: Do we hate them? Yes we do!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couple
Old 09-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Total Fan

^ TFTNT!

Michael/Alex - so beyond creepy.

Damon/Bonnie

Nikita/Owen - just NO.

Nikita/Ryan

Michael/anyone but Nikita

Nikita/anyone but Michael

Owen Elliott/Life

Alexandra Udinov/Life

Stefan/Elena - same old same old, been there done that. Next.

Elena/Elijah - WTF?

Alaric/Elena - WTF?

Damon/anyone but Elena

Elena/anyone but Damon
Old 09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Stefan/Elena

Ok. this is the most annoying relationship I have ever watched! Lets see how this "fairytale" started. So, Stefan finds out that there is 16 years old girl, Elena, who looks EXACTLY like the vampire who used to love (and sleep with) and turned him 145 years ago. So, he is stalking that girl for months and then he decides to come into her life bc "he HAD to know her" and bc "he wanted to start a life with her".
Yes, he really didn't give a damn about what kind of life he could give to a 16 years old human, but that's ok. He was just soooooo good, always trying to do the right thing, he had a heart of gold AND he thought that as a VAMPIRE to "start a life" with a 16 years old girl was the BEST thing it could happen to her. for Elena!
So, he came to this little town and soon after (like after 1 episode) those two were madly in love (yeah, I totally bought that... NOT). So, episode 10 and in TVD time like... 20 days after they met, those 2 sleep together. But Stefan has forgotten to mention to her that she is the Doppelganger of Katherine. It just ... slipped his mind, you know?
But Elena forgave him like 2 hours later, bc hey, that's true love. So those 2 continued to be in love saying a hundreds "i love you" to each other in EVERY single episode, just to convince us that they are meant to be. They broke up 4 times (without a real reason, just so sth HAPPENS) and got back together after 1-2 episodes. The most FLAT and cheesy relationship in HISTORY of TV shows, kept torturing us for 2 seasons and nothing EVER could come between them
Like for example, Elena read that Stefan ate her ancestors. SO WHAT???? After 5 minutes everything was good and actually it was Stefan who was mad at Elena, bc she was thinking of sacrificing herself to save the people she loves.
Like Elena finds out that Stefan had turned after drinking the blood of his dying father and then forced his brother to turn also, bc he was feeling alone. Tee HEE! That was fine though, the guy was... lost...
And ok, when in season 1 episode 19 he slammed her against a wall (that IS abuse), it wasn't really his fault, It was the human blood!
And he ALWAYS totally respected Elena. She wanted to die and he just... let her. Bc that what true love is. He just closed his eyes, when Klaus took her... How romantic!
Seriously now, those two bring out the WORST of each other. I enjoy Stefan when he is NOT with Elena and I enjoy Elena when she is NOT with Stefan.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Air
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

And I agree with Stefan/Elena, though it's weird because I don't hate them. Sometimes they can have really wonderful scenes, and since I love both characters I totally respect when they have good stuff, like at the end of 3x01. But ultimately they became "epic" way too fast and I never bought it. And frankly they are both so much more vibrant and interesting and alive when they aren't together. Their characters have too similar a temperament and their best scenes are with other characters that can bring a more interesting dynamic to them. Hell, even Stefan/Katherine scenes are awesome! They have their moments, but ultimately it's time to get them away from each other and explore other storylines and other options for these two great characters. So when Stefan does come back, whenever that may be and under whatever circumstances, I hope it doesn't just revert back to Stefan and Elena being in truu wuvv with each other. I think it's be way better if he broke up with her or something because he's so damaged and changed etc. and decides they can't just go back to the way they were. That's be awesome.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena. The most abusive, selfish relationship I've ever had to watch unfold. Destroyed Damon and it's taking giant steps to destroying Elena. Besides I hate the message this sends: "Stay with your abusive partners, women. Eventually your love will turn them into better men. And if it doesn't, well, too bad. I guess he didn't love you all that much." Disturbing and insulting as hell.
Damon/Anyone.
Stefan/Elena.
I don't really hate them, they just bore me.
Matt/Caroline. He treats her like crap and for some weird reason she used to feel she deserved it.
Elijah/Katherine.
Damon/Bonnie.

Brooke/Julian. It doesn't get more pathetic than these two.
Lucas/Peyton. Their 'meant to be' crap is the only way they can come up with to justify their awful treatment of other people and each other. Lucas treated her like crap for an entire season and what did Peyton do? Kept coming back to him and begging him to take her back. Destroyed both characters.
Brooke/Chase. I wouldn't really say I hate them, it's just that I could never stay awake long enough to form an opinion on them.

Chuck/Blair. The non-supernatural version of Damon/Elena. Abusive and selfish to the very core.
Chuck/Anyone.
Nate/Serena.
See Brooke/Chase.

Arthur/Gwen. The worst chemistry I've ever seen on TV, plus they have to completely change both characters and rewrite history to make it work.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT.

Bill/Sookie
Lucas/Peyton
Angel/Buffy S3+
Jack/Kate
Stefan/Elena
Damon/Bonnie
Tim/Tyra
"Sawyer"/Juliet
Chuck/Blair
Dan/Serena
Harry/Ginny
Old 09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Stefan/Elena - boring, no chemistry, Elena lives in a fairy tale and Stefan constantly lies to her. No thanks
Damon/Elena - abusive,disgusting, obsessive
Caroline/Tyler - oh god dont make me laugh
Bonnie/Jeremy - bahahahaha
Matt/Existence
Katherine/Elijah - an insult to this wonderful man
TVD/season3 - already destroying itself

Michael/Alex - I'm getting pedo vibes

Castiel/anyone but Dean
Dean/anyone but Castiel
Writers/killing off Castiel - WHHHHHYYYYYYY
Dean/women - sorry, doesn't work

Harry/Hermione - you're kidding, right
Lily/Snape - beyond disturbing
Ron/Hermione - opposites don't attract each other
Harry/Ginny - hahahhahahahahahahahahaha
Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

OTH/life
OTHcouples/life
maybe it's only me, but i really don't understand how this show did get to have 9 season. i've never understood its appeal. it's not realistic at all, everybody gets married then pregnant and of course all the dreams they have come true. cheesy, boring, people fall in love in high school and form family the year after graduation. that brooke girl was like 22 and she was crying about not having her own family and the main friendship on this show includes two girls who chose a guy over eachother and said guy is a womanizer who girls pine over when according to me there is nothing so great about him.
not mentioning that everybody on this show had a car accident. and a girl has two dead mom and everybody loves that dan who killed his brother
but going back to the couples... everybody slept with everybody and they only fall in love with the friends of their group. weird.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
Stefan/Elena

Ok. this is the most annoying relationship I have ever watched! Lets see how this "fairytale" started. So, Stefan finds out that there is 16 years old girl, Elena, who looks EXACTLY like the vampire who used to love (and sleep with) and turned him 145 years ago. So, he is stalking that girl for months and then he decides to come into her life bc "he HAD to know her" and bc "he wanted to start a life with her".
Yes, he really didn't give a damn about what kind of life he could give to a 16 years old human, but that's ok. He was just soooooo good, always trying to do the right thing, he had a heart of gold AND he thought that as a VAMPIRE to "start a life" with a 16 years old girl was the BEST thing it could happen to her. for Elena!
So, he came to this little town and soon after (like after 1 episode) those two were madly in love (yeah, I totally bought that... NOT). So, episode 10 and in TVD time like... 20 days after they met, those 2 sleep together. But Stefan has forgotten to mention to her that she is the Doppelganger of Katherine. It just ... slipped his mind, you know?
But Elena forgave him like 2 hours later, bc hey, that's true love. So those 2 continued to be in love saying a hundreds "i love you" to each other in EVERY single episode, just to convince us that they are meant to be. They broke up 4 times (without a real reason, just so sth HAPPENS) and got back together after 1-2 episodes. The most FLAT and cheesy relationship in HISTORY of TV shows, kept torturing us for 2 seasons and nothing EVER could come between them
Like for example, Elena read that Stefan ate her ancestors. SO WHAT???? After 5 minutes everything was good and actually it was Stefan who was mad at Elena, bc she was thinking of sacrificing herself to save the people she loves.
Like Elena finds out that Stefan had turned after drinking the blood of his dying father and then forced his brother to turn also, bc he was feeling alone. Tee HEE! That was fine though, the guy was... lost...
And ok, when in season 1 episode 19 he slammed her against a wall (that IS abuse), it wasn't really his fault, It was the human blood!
And he ALWAYS totally respected Elena. She wanted to die and he just... let her. Bc that what true love is. He just closed his eyes, when Klaus took her... How romantic!
Seriously now, those two bring out the WORST of each other. I enjoy Stefan when he is NOT with Elena and I enjoy Elena when she is NOT with Stefan.
THIS SFM.

The fact that these two met, started dating, broke up, got back together and slept together all within a matter of 10 episodes seriously makes me laugh. I just never bought their 'epic true love' and never will. Oh and don't forget how in episode 2x20 when Elena says 'Well then, I guess I'll just be dead' about sacrificing herself, Stefan just shrugs. WTF kind of boyfriend does that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!

And I agree with Stefan/Elena, though it's weird because I don't hate them. Sometimes they can have really wonderful scenes, and since I love both characters I totally respect when they have good stuff, like at the end of 3x01. But ultimately they became "epic" way too fast and I never bought it. And frankly they are both so much more vibrant and interesting and alive when they aren't together. Their characters have too similar a temperament and their best scenes are with other characters that can bring a more interesting dynamic to them. Hell, even Stefan/Katherine scenes are awesome! They have their moments, but ultimately it's time to get them away from each other and explore other storylines and other options for these two great characters. So when Stefan does come back, whenever that may be and under whatever circumstances, I hope it doesn't just revert back to Stefan and Elena being in truu wuvv with each other. I think it's be way better if he broke up with her or something because he's so damaged and changed etc. and decides they can't just go back to the way they were. That's be awesome.
Completely agreed.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn't going to post in this thread, because I wanted to get a little rest of it (yes, I know, I know, I said it like 100 times, but now I'm really tired of hate and want to focus on love more ), but I hate to pay my respect to amazing anti-Stefan/Elena posts that perfectly describe why they are a mismatch: they are both great characters that should never be a couple, because they turn into worst versions of themselves with each other. And everything I love about them fades away when they are together. Stefan turns into a lying, hideous and sometimes plain childish and selfish person who wouldn't tell a young girl full truth about himself and about her looking exactly like his ex-lover and would rather insult his brother in front of her than let her focus on the truth - this truth being him eating her ancestros. Stefan cannot handle things in a mature way when he is around Elena, but he turns into a responsible and amazing man again when he is around Caroline or someone else who is not Elena. And Elena - from fiesty, independent and strong heroine she turns into a whiny, annoying shell of herself with repititive lines as if she is running around in circles. And please TVD writers, don't tell me that it fits a guy like Stefan to say all those cliched lines about hismeeting with Elena being epic, because it doesn't suit a long lived vampire.

OTH is ridiculous, it forced wrong ideas about life and relationship on young girls and that's why Brooke became obsessed with having babies at 22 and Peyton/Lucas & Nathan/Haley had to get married so soon as if marriage is everything young people need and they can't be happy without it.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Harry/Ginny
Connor/Cordelia
Buffy/Spike
Buffy/Riley
Damon/Elena
Robin/Don
Matt/Caroline
Tony/Michelle
Sid/Michelle
Stefan/Elena
Buffy/Angel
Freddie/Effy
Matty/Franky
Jack/Gwen

Die in all the fires, plzkthnx.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
Michael/Alex - I'm getting pedo vibes
Perfect description of this non-existent epic fail of a ship. The idea of Michael and Alex being together is so far beyond creepy, it's not even funny at this point. She's only a few years older than how old his daughter Haley would be today if she were still alive. Michael and Alex have never shown any inclinations of being romantically interested in each other whatsoever. He's always looked at her like a daughter or a younger sister, nothing more. And Alex seems annoyed with Michael the majority of the time, especially when he's scolding her like a child, something only a parent or an older brother would do. Plus with him being pissed at her for shooting Nikita, he's even less likely to ever be romantically interested in her. It would be complete character assassination for Michael to get involved with Alex after that, not to mention the fact that it would cheapen his feelings for the woman he loves. Degrading and demeaning, that's what it is. I know they will never happen, but just the thought of it makes me want to throw up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina95 (View Post)
OTH/life
OTHcouples/life
maybe it's only me, but i really don't understand how this show did get to have 9 season. i've never understood its appeal. it's not realistic at all, everybody gets married then pregnant and of course all the dreams they have come true. cheesy, boring, people fall in love in high school and form family the year after graduation. that brooke girl was like 22 and she was crying about not having her own family and the main friendship on this show includes two girls who chose a guy over eachother and said guy is a womanizer who girls pine over when according to me there is nothing so great about him.
not mentioning that everybody on this show had a car accident. and a girl has two dead mom and everybody loves that dan who killed his brother
but going back to the couples... everybody slept with everybody and they only fall in love with the friends of their group. weird.
So incredibly true. I quit the show in the beginning of season 7 and haven't looked back since. The first three seasons of OTH were magical and it really should have ended there, at the latest after season 4. That was the last halfway decent season of the show, but season 3 was the last actual quality season. OTH went completely downhill from season 5 on and became an absolute trainwreck. The show's ratings in season 8 completely tanked, but it remained on the air for three reasons: a) it's on the CW, so the standards aren't as high; b) it was the second longest running show on the network and Smallville was ending; and c) the fans wanted a final season actually promoted as one by the network. While I'm still amazed that OTH actually got a season 9, I'm not surprised either considering the network that it's on. I'm just glad that it's finally ending after all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I wasn't going to post in this thread, because I wanted to get a little rest of it (yes, I know, I know, I said it like 100 times, but now I'm really tired of hate and want to focus on love more ), but I hate to pay my respect to amazing anti-Stefan/Elena posts that perfectly describe why they are a mismatch: they are both great characters that should never be a couple, because they turn into worst versions of themselves with each other. And everything I love about them fades away when they are together. Stefan turns into a lying, hideous and sometimes plain childish and selfish person who wouldn't tell a young girl full truth about himself and about her looking exactly like his ex-lover and would rather insult his brother in front of her than let her focus on the truth - this truth being him eating her ancestros. Stefan cannot handle things in a mature way when he is around Elena, but he turns into a responsible and amazing man again when he is around Caroline or someone else who is not Elena. And Elena - from fiesty, independent and strong heroine she turns into a whiny, annoying shell of herself with repititive lines as if she is running around in circles. And please TVD writers, don't tell me that it fits a guy like Stefan to say all those cliched lines about hismeeting with Elena being epic, because it doesn't suit a long lived vampire.

OTH is ridiculous, it forced wrong ideas about life and relationship on young girls and that's why Brooke became obsessed with having babies at 22 and Peyton/Lucas & Nathan/Haley had to get married so soon as if marriage is everything young people need and they can't be happy without it.
THIS.

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 09-25-2011 at 01:09 PM
Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

As always I hate:
Stefan/Elena
Damon/Bonnie
Harry/Ginny
Adam/Diana
Jack/Kate
Buffy/Angel
Bill/Sookie
Chuck/Blair
Angel/Buffy

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley
Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetsen (View Post)
As always I hate:
Stefan/Elena
Damon/Bonnie

Adam/Diana

WORD.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetsen (View Post)
As always I hate:
Stefan/Elena
Damon/Bonnie
Harry/Ginny
Adam/Diana
Jack/Kate
Buffy/Angel
Bill/Sookie
Chuck/Blair
Angel/Buffy

We pretty much have the same ones
Closed Thread   Post New Thread