Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #205: Dear Couples, I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You're scum between my toes!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
Old 05-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT.

Chuck/ Blair
Chuck/ life
GG/ life
GG writers/ giving offensive interviews

http://annelli0t.tumblr.com/

Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT This title is so cute!!

Damon/Elena
Damon Salvatore/Life

Jacob/Bella
Jacob Black/Life

Beyond foul and disturbing

GG/Writing of Chuck and CB: What a fcking joke!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

^ Can't go wrong with Little Rascals' quotes

Kara It pains me that you got sucked into GG again

Interrupting the Chair hate for my usual rant..

Here i go with my recaps again.. but i just read another one

Just two more eps and i might stop filling the thread up with my TVD obsession

stefan/Elena
stefan/Life

Quote:
Tearful goodbyes are exchanged. And Elena, being the good MOMMY she is, instructs Stefan to close his eyes, so that he doesn’t have to watch the rest of the episode, because it’s ”Veeeeeeeewwwy Scawwwy.”
Quote:
Always one to have his brother do the dirty work, a Weepy Stefan calls Damon and tells him that, now that he’s already saved the rest of the Scooby Gang, it’s time to go Save Elena too.
Quote:
I’m seriously starting to wonder if, during part of his 160 plus years on Earth, Stefan went to medical school and opened his own psychiatric practice. Because, seriously, this guy is more into talking about “feelings” than any other non-shrink male I’ve ever seen!
Quote:
(So . . . basically, this week, we have one brother Kicking Ass and Taking Names, and the other one Getting Teary Eyed over Pretty Waterfalls. Not judging . . . just sayin’.)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Bless this article.

Quote:
However, for the writers to justify his actions and say that he's not being abusive toward Blair is, frankly, disturbing, particularly given the young, female target demographic of "Gossip Girl" and The CW.

Humiliating a woman with sexual language and derogatory statements, as Chuck did at the party, is abusive. Physically intimidating a woman by invading her personal space, shoving her, and being destructive to her surroundings is abusive. Women and girls who watch the show should be aware of this.

HelpGuide, a non-profit health resource, has a helpful list of the signs of an abusive relationship. Let's discuss some of them, shall we?

"Does your partner see you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?" Just last season, Chuck made a deal with his nefarious uncle, offering sex with Blair (his girlfriend at the time) in exchange for the Empire Hotel property. He blamed Blair for her victimization, saying that she went into his uncle's room of her own volition, though it was the endgame of his own complicated scheme to get her there.

"Does your partner act excessively jealous and possessive?" Let's just look at that Chuck quote one more time: "You'll never marry anyone else. You're mine! You're mine, Blair!" Which, come to think of it, fits in perfectly with him seeing her as his property as well.

"Your abuser may use a variety of intimidation tactics designed to scare you into submission. Such tactics include making threatening looks or gestures, smashing things in front of you, destroying property..." Chuck was clearly using intimidation tactics as he pushed Blair around and caused physical injury to her person after smashing a window. "I feel it's very important to know that she is not scared -- if anything, she is scared for Chuck -- and what he might do to himself, but she is never afraid of what he might do to her," Safran told E!. But if Blair wasn't afraid, why did she literally shove Chuck away and run, in a very undignified, un-Blair manner, to leave? The look on her face as he's about to punch the wall can only be described as terrified. She screams "Stop it, Chuck!" and then shouts out again as he smashes the window.

Safran excuses the window smashing by saying that Chuck "has rage," and Chuck justifies his actions by explaining that he's had a difficult time dealing with some new information about his father.

We're not buying it. We hope that the women and girls who watch "Gossip Girl" realize that if they're being humiliated, sexually shamed, physically pushed or intimidated in a relationship, they deserve better than that.

We've seen some discussion of the fact that Blair may have been emotionally abusive toward Chuck in the past, having manipulated him with her schemes. There's no denying that at moments in their long history together, she has treated him badly -- just another reason that these two should not be together. Blair has shown character development throughout the seasons, and is making a clear attempt here to have an honest discourse with him.

Chuck, on the other hand, has shown that despite everything he's been through over the last four seasons, he's developed very little. In the pilot episode, he tried to force himself on a 14-year-old girl and on Serena. Here we are, four years later, and he's again assaulting a woman -- this time, one he claims to care about.

The one consolation here is that Blair seems to realize that the relationship is unhealthy. By the end of the episode, she has accepted the prince's proposal and even shuts out Serena, who was supportive of Chuck and tried to justify his behavior as a result of his alcohol abuse. In our opinion, Chuck won't be a viable love interest until he's been checked into the Ostroff Center for some major rehabilitation.

We're not holding our breath for that to happen, though.
'Gossip Girl': Is Chuck Bass abusive? E.P. says no; we beg to differ - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Chuck is officially my most hated character ever.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Chuck/Blair
Chuck/life
Finn/Rachel
Finn/life (just die already, ok?)
Sam/rejecting Rachel (I am a weirdo, I want to see this happen )
Matt/Caroline
Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Bless this article.

'Gossip Girl': Is Chuck Bass abusive? E.P. says no; we beg to differ - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Amazing article. I'm so glad someone in the media is calling out that joke of an interview and the show's disgusting treatment of abuse.

Chuck/Blair
Chuck/Life

IRREDEEMABLE. You can never come back from abuse.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

HP movies/romanticizing Harry/Hermione
HP movies/forgetting about Ron/Harry's friendship
Hp movies/making Ron JUST the sidekick

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 05-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Dan/Marti
Dan/Savannah
Dan/Life
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Bless this article.

This so much. That article is amazing!
Chuck/life
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, Kary!

Quote:
HP movies/romanticizing Harry/Hermione
HP movies/forgetting about Ron/Harry's friendship
Hp movies/making Ron JUST the sidekick
THIS

I also wanna add:

Me/Having to watch NON-canon H/Hr BS in the movies and CANON Harry/Ginny BS in the last three movies. Ugh! My eyes!

Quote:
Jacob/Bella
Jacob Black/Life
I'd say the guy is my second hated character after Wesley from ATS I wouldn't even bother IF there wasn't a Jacob/Nessie awfulness How could that happen, how?!

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 05-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I wouldn't even bother IF there wasn't a Jacob/Nessie awfulness How could that happen, how?!
WORD! I actually cant wait for Breaking Dawn because im a sucker for punishment and i cant wait to see how they are going to pull off Jacob starting lovingly at Nessie
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 05-04-2011, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! This title is amazing In honor of it, I'll go with the worst of the worst when it comes to ships:

Chuck/Blair
Chuck/Life
Nate/Serena
Damon/Bonnie
Matt/Caroline
Matt/Life
Brooke/Julian
Lucas/Peyton

I've never seen bigger fails on my TV, ever.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
WORD! I actually cant wait for Breaking Dawn because im a sucker for punishment and i cant wait to see how they are going to pull off Jacob starting lovingly at Nessie
Same I think I am the biggest masochist in the wrold to be honest. I KNOW I am going to be seek for a week or even longer after I see this, I know that I'm probably gonna after seeing that no matter where I would watch this movie and I know that once you see something, you can't "unsee" it... but still I am going to watch that. I am going to watch that and it's weird, I really want to watch that. I want to see how awful it can get

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Same I think I am the biggest masochist in the wrold to be honest. I KNOW I am going to be seek for a week or even longer after I see this, I know that I'm probably gonna after seeing that no matter where I would watch this movie and I know that once you see something, you can't "unsee" it... but still I am going to watch that. I am going to watch that and it's weird, I really want to watch that. I want to see how awful it can get
A grown man staring at a baby with soft eyes and a surprised little smile? It'll probably be as awful as it gets
Closed Thread   Post New Thread