Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Couples You Dislike #192: Warning: Thread may cause severe headaches, nausea, and vomiting.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT

Damon/Elena

This is usually the type of couple that I would gravitate towards, but it's just not working for me on TVD. Oh, the chemistry is there. Nina and Ian work great on screen together, and I wouldn't mind more Damon/Katherine action. But as it's written, the story between them just isn't something I'm interested in.

Elena has never wavered in her claim that while she cares about Damon, she does not love him and loves Stefan. She does not owe Damon a damn thing and I hope to god she never ****s him because I don't think I could handle Damon being all 'I knew you were really into me...'

Also, I don't think that Damon has done near enough growing for me to be able to see him as a potential love interest for anyone (at least of the good guys). Yes, he's changed, but not that much when you really think about it. The only reason he doesn't go around murdering people at will now is because Elena wouldn't like it. And even then, if he gets reminded that Elena doesn't love him he tends to throw tantrums and murder people. Also, his relationship with Andie is rape, and nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise. He messed with her mind and took away her ability to fear him. She cannot consent under those circumstances.

I enjoy Damon's snark, but as is I just can't root for him as a romantic partner for a good guy. I still enjoy their friendship, but I don't want Elena anywhere near Damon romantically, at least not until boy has gotten over his emo bull**** and grown the frak up.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Jack/Kate
Saywer/Juliet
Lucas/Peyton
Brooke/Julian
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily

Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!
The title is

Bill/Sookie
Jack/Kate
Stefan/Elena
Dan/Serena
Chuck/Blair
Angel/Buffy (S3+)
Harry/Ginny
Sawyer/Juliet
Tim/Tyra
Jeff/Britta (More than friends)
Lucas/Peyton
Old 03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt! One of my favourite titles so far

Quote:
Exactly. Angst was what I really liked about Carrie/Big and I tend to like it about other couples. However, the whole point of it is that I like to watch characters actually working out their issues, dealing with their problems and learning from their mistakes. CB didn't even have time to do that. Writers just hoped us to accept the "Alex = a self absorbed abusive bastard" even though it is ridiculous taking that we already knew he is not, and Big is a shiny knight who comes to save a demsel in distress. Silly, because for true, Big was always the one self absorbed bastard and not Alex. I found Big's character very intriguing just like I do find interesting similar characters, but it just annoys me how writers tend to sell them as heroes at some point without giving them some kind of a redemption. I could have bought CB endgame if it didn't happen in one episode, if they had at least a season for fixing everything about their relationship.
So much word. When it comes to angst, tragedy and disfunctionalism (I should stop using non-existent words, lol) they take it too far, forgetting that they are not actually writing a tragedy, that they intend to give their couple the happiest happy ending (which after everything makes zero sense).

And completely random, but this conversation also made me think of another CB (Chuck/Blair) that I ship and that the writers butchered beyond repair (granted, far more obnoxiously than Carrie/Big, because nothing comes close selling your girlfriend for a hotel) and will probably fix with nonsensical big gesture on Chuck's part.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Stefan/Elena
Stefan/Caroline

book!Stefan/Katherine
Matt/Caroline
Effy/Freddie
Matty/Franky

Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So much word. When it comes to angst, tragedy and disfunctionalism (I should stop using non-existent words, lol) they take it too far, forgetting that they are not actually writing a tragedy, that they intend to give their couple the happiest happy ending (which after everything makes zero sense).
Yeah, this is annoying and IMO, a lazy writing. But the saddest thing is that Carrie/Big could have been my favourite couple of all times, taking that I genuinly enjoyed their story and two actors have a stunning chemistry. If only their endgame was written properly, if only writers gave them at least a one more season for restoring their relationship, instead of giving us a season of Carrie being in love with Alex, Alex being in love with Carrie and them having everything that Carrie/Big could only dream to have. In this terms CB reunion and endgame just looked completely unrealistic.

Quote:
Jack/Kate
Saywer/Juliet
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
This. Ugh, Snape/Lily I will never buy his "love" for Lily. It is obsession, not love. And what kind of a love it is when he was ok with her son and husband getting killed only to be with her Still cannot believe Harry has named a son in his honour. I mean, yeah, Snape did a few good things, but he did it for himself, not for Harry. Only to feel better about himself, because he was feeling guilty about Lily's death. He was a stalker for Lily and he psychologically tortured Harry for all those years at Hogwarts and we are supposed to buy that Snape is "the bravest man Harry has ever known"? That's just... ugh.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, this is annoying and IMO, a lazy writing. But the saddest thing is that Carrie/Big could have been my favourite couple of all times, taking that I genuinly enjoyed their story and two actors have a stunning chemistry. If only their endgame was written properly, if only writers gave them at least a one more season for restoring their relationship, instead of giving us a season of Carrie being in love with Alex, Alex being in love with Carrie and them having everything that Carrie/Big could only dream to have. In this terms CB reunion and endgame just looked completely unrealistic.
Same here. I used to ship them so hardcore for such a long time. Would have been great if they had another season to be rebuilt slowly and more plausibly.

Hating as usual:
Kate/Jack
Brooke/Lucas
Peyton/Jake
Izzie/George
Buffy/Riley
Rory/Dean
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
This. Ugh, Snape/Lily I will never buy his "love" for Lily. It is obsession, not love. And what kind of a love it is when he was ok with her son and husband getting killed only to be with her Still cannot believe Harry has named a son in his honour. I mean, yeah, Snape did a few good things, but he did it for himself, not for Harry. Only to feel better about himself, because he was feeling guilty about Lily's death. He was a stalker for Lily and he psychologically tortured Harry for all those years at Hogwarts and we are supposed to buy that Snape is "the bravest man Harry has ever known"? That's just... ugh.
Snape/Lily is another HP "pairing" that I can't take seriously, and hate even the idea of it. Like H/Hr, there was never any basis for Snape/Lily. Any feelings of a romantic nature were one-sided (Snape for Lily), and they were never acted on or reciprocated.

However, I do understand where Harry was coming from in calling Snape "the bravest man", though. Snape was nowhere near perfect, he was very flawed. However, he had to work very closely beside the darkest, most dangerous wizard of all time. Every minute of every day, he had to make that dark wizard (who was a highly skilled Legilimens) believe that he was completely loyal to him. One tiny slip of a stray thought, and Voldemort could have discovered the truth, killed Snape, and all of their work and plans to destroy V would have been for nothing.

All of that tension and stress, plus the burden of guilt he carried over Lily's death, had to be exhausting, but Snape stayed strong 'til the end. I love his character...just not with Lily!

[/OT]

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Same here. I used to ship them so hardcore for such a long time. Would have been great if they had another season to be rebuilt slowly and more plausibly.
Exactly

My full hate/dislike list:

Jack/Kate aka Kack
Sawyer/Juliet aka we are gonna sniff flowers/eat pasta in afterlife
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione "romance"
Bill/Sookie
Stefan/Elena
Post season 3!Buffy/Angel
Spike/Drusilla
Buffy/Riley
Angel/Cordelia romance
Wesley/Fred
Wesley/Life
Doyle/being killed off
Cook/Effy
Skins S4 &S4 final/Life
Thomas/Pandora
Twilight/Life
Jacob/Bella
Edward/Bella
Bella/Life
Jacob/Nessie
Everyone/Everyone on Twilight

As for Snape... I also get that working as a double agent was quite dangerous and Snape definitely DID have some braveness, but the point is that JKR made Harry say he is THE bravest man he has EVER known, which, IMO, is wrong. Dumbledore was times more brave, Sirius was times more brave so making Harry say it was like Harry saying something like: "I get where Voldy was coming from when he killed my parents, he had a crappy childhood" It's like the problem isn't even in Snape being or not being brave, but in Harry saying those words.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 03-23-2011 at 01:16 PM
Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

New thread so my dislike/hate couples again:

Stefan/Elena
Damon/Bonnie
Peyton/Lucas
Brooke/Julian
Nathan/Haley
Chuck/Blair
Juliet/Sawyer
Ginny/Harry
Liv/Matty
Liv/Nick
Freddie/Effy
Dan/Serena

All are epic...FAIL and I don't have a clue what the writers were thinking when they thought these were okay for people to watch/read about.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Kate/Jack
Love that little icon face beside Kack, because that's usually how they were looking at each other!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Cook/Effy Forced. Brought the worst in each other. Constantly trying to steal Effy, Cook looked like a horrible friend to Freddie who replaced him a family and always got him out of trouble. Cook's feelings for Effy came out if nowhere, made no sense at all and wasted his character. He had loads of girls and never ended up having feelings for them and then suddenly he falls for a girl his best friend loves and starts pining for her, though she not only doesn't love him, but doesn't even want him. Cook never really knew the real Effy and what she was behind her mask, because she was never able to open up to him like she did with Freddie. Cook never measured up to Freddie in her eyes in any aspect, even when it came to sexual relationships. She always chose Freddie over him. She didn't understand nor love/want Cook. Jumping in with "It means I still love you" nonsense when FE had problems and trying to hook up with Effy not being able to tell that she lost her memory and slapping her is not exactly the best way to show how much of a perfect boyfriend/good friend you are, Cook. And what was their end? Oh, yeah: "You're my friend. Take me to Freddie". And the notebook part when Cook finally realized that it is never gonna be him and Effy. What a fail.

THIS

Saw this on the other thread.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena - Talk about cliche. Bad boy falls in love with good girl who forces him to change his ways. How about no. If I have to sit through another scene with Elena telling him to be a better guy or him whining about not being good enough for her I'm gonna puck.

Also, Elena don't you remember that time he killed your brother, fed off of and nearly killed your best friend. He also tried to kill your other best friend(while she was possessed) and threatened to kill you too. Why would you even give him the time of day? Let's not forget he's your boyfriend's brother. He slept with and turned your biological mother into a vampire. He may be still in love with your ancestor who happens to look exactly like you. Ugh, I can't.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon/Elena
Damon Salvatore/Life
Jacob/Bella
Jacob Black/Life

Two couples I hate more then anything ever And two characters that I wish would just go the fruck away and get the hell off of my screens Lame, LAme, LAMe, LAME!!!!

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 03-23-2011 at 05:52 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread