Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Supreme Fan

I was ok with Nate/Jenny back in season 1/2 but the age difference always bothered me a bit.

I was starting to like Jenny again, especially with Damon (before he tried to pressure her into sex), this season but then she had to go plotting for Nate. And so I hate her again lol.
Icon: thememoryslides
Old 04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck/Blair. I fell off the CB wagon the moment S2 aired - jumping from kicking him in the shin/being a Basstard to 'say you love me!!!!' really killed them for me - but the show has completely out and out ruined them now. Selling her to his uncle for a hotel? Really? I can't even blame Chuck. He's always been morally ambiguous (pimpin' is better than rapin', kids!) but the show seems to have lost it's way. Pull them apart and stick them with other people now. It's been too long.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

^ I really am disliking Chuck/Blair right now too. I enjoyed them so much in the first and second seasons, but they've fluctuated between being boring, being sweet, being angsty, and then being COMPLETELY morally bankrupt in the last episode. And I just don't know how I can root for a couple that is willing to do whatever it takes to get what they want, even at the extent of the other.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
and I was actually open to the idea of NJ then, too. But taking into account how Nate just blew her off (for another girl he dumped) and the circumstances THIS season esp with this change in Jenny, I'm not at all interested in them anymore. Jenny's becoming one of those typical characters who plots to screw up other people's happiness because she can't find her own.
So much Word, Gwen. I ship NS (obviously ) and even I liked the prospect of NJ in Season 2. And I would have been much more open to that than NV . But as the show went on, Jenny just became more and more irritating. I don't know why she would think that what she's doing now is actually gonna get her anywhere. I mean, Nate ended things with her last year because she made Vanessa a see-through dress. That's child's play compared to what she's doing now and what promos show she will eventually do. For me, she's the character with the most potential to be great. And instead, she's selfish, bratty, manipulative, and has no sense of consequences. Sorry, I could truly go on and on...

Last edited by emerald_city; 04-12-2010 at 05:52 PM
Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_city (View Post)
But as the show went on, Jenny just became more and more irritating. I don't know why she would think that what she's doing now is actually gonna get her anywhere. I mean, Nate ended things with her last year because she made Vanessa a see-through dress. That's child's play compared to what she's doing now and what promos show she will eventually do.
exactly. If anything, she'll just end up worse off than before and she'll have no one to blame but herself. Right now, she's latching on to him because he shows any signs of caring for her. But it doesn't necessarily mean what she takes it to mean! I mean, WTF would he pull that confused expression if he wanted more with her? She's trying to recapture something that was lost a long time ago, and even worse, she's willing to betray someone who trusts her in the process.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)

Chuck/Blair. I fell off the CB wagon the moment S2 aired - jumping from kicking him in the shin/being a Basstard to 'say you love me!!!!' really killed them for me - but the show has completely out and out ruined them now. Selling her to his uncle for a hotel? Really? I can't even blame Chuck. He's always been morally ambiguous (pimpin' is better than rapin', kids!) but the show seems to have lost it's way. Pull them apart and stick them with other people now. It's been too long.
THIS.

CB disgust me right now.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Willow/Kennedy
Chris/Lorelai
Dean/Rory
Jack/Kate
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ I really am disliking Chuck/Blair right now too. I enjoyed them so much in the first and second seasons, but they've fluctuated between being boring, being sweet, being angsty, and then being COMPLETELY morally bankrupt in the last episode. And I just don't know how I can root for a couple that is willing to do whatever it takes to get what they want, even at the extent of the other.
Exactly. I don't see how it means it's true love and meant to be and they're soulmates if they're willing to rip each other down and sell each other out. I don't know what kind of love stories the GG writers have been reading but this isn't the way to portray true love. It's a bit disturbing that they seem to think they ~deserve each other because they're twisted. They deserve help. Not a pat on the back for being odd. If Blair forgives this.. urgh, she has no dignity.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leonard/Penny-they need to give up on them already...they are so beyond annoying and he's a bad person when he's with her
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

This title is so much win!

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet

Scotty Jack doesn't know.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nate/Serena. Nate is such a jerk. I knew he would ruin this relationship and treat Serena badly.

That Mary Cherry ani is priceless! That was one funny episode.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nate/Serena. Nate is such a jerk. I knew he would ruin this relationship and treat Serena badly.
They're over already? Man, GG relationships sure don't last long.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
New Fan

honestly?
joe and demi.
i don't think they're cute.
at all.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
They're over already? Man, GG relationships sure don't last long.
Nah they aren't officially broken up yet but Nate was treating Serena like crap the whole episode. He didn't even let her explain why she was seeing Carter. He just thinks he owns her. Serena can do better!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Okay, after tonight's episode, I hate Dan/Blair and Nate/Jenny more than ever. Especially because it seems like they're building toward those two TERRIBLE couples. Dan and Blair are not suited for each other; they're more like frenemies, and if they get together, hook up, etc., I will seriously stop watching the show. And Jenny--ugh, GET THE EFF OFF MY SCREEN.

It's sad, but my favorite couple on the show is Vanya/Dorota.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread