Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just finished watching Sleepless In Seattle so Sam/Annie, even if they barely interact the whole movie, there's nothing but hand touching and a few words, but I love it
Old 06-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

^Completely different show, but you just reminded me of how much I love Sam/Annie from Life on Mars (UK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Welcome to my world *insert evil laughter here* Haha, I knew you're gonna like Damon, at least because he is an interesting and multi-layered character + Ian plays his part perfectly. Also I love literally every ship you listed, so except for DE, we agree bascially on every single thing related to TVD, which is a miracle
Haha, it is indeed. Actually, weirdly, I did kinda enjoy the DE scenes in 1x19, with the dancing. I don't want them to get together by any stretch of the imagination but I have to admit they have chemistry out the wazoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
2x01 ending and 2x02 as a Caroline fan won't make you love him.. but here's hoping by some miracle you end up sorta kinda liking him anyway
Yeah, I figured it was probably only a matter of time before he did something that would make me hate him... I am straddling a love/hate thing with him right now. He can be a good character, if only he stopped doing things that I cannot forgive him for. I'm enjoying him right now, but I still haven't forgiven him for Caroline or Lexi. Or Vicki.

Last edited by The_Void; 06-15-2011 at 04:21 AM
Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It could easily go down the plughole, or I could start to love him.
2x01 ending and 2x02 as a Caroline fan won't make you love him.. but here's hoping by some miracle you end up sorta kinda liking him anyway
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unpopular opinion on here, but I love Bonnie Bennett It may be because of my complete and utter love for Katerina Graham, but I honestly enjoy Bonnie's character, especially how she treats Damon

Stefan Salvatore/Life: AWESOME CHARACTER IS AWESOME. I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)

Haha, it is indeed. Actually, weirdly, I did kinda enjoy the DE scenes in 1x19, with the dancing. I don't want them to get together by any stretch of the imagination but I have to admit they have chemistry out the wazoo.

Yeah, I figured it was probably only a matter of time before he did something that would make me hate him... I am straddling a love/hate thing with him right now. He can be a good character, if only he stopped doing things that I cannot forgive him for. I'm enjoying him right now, but I still haven't forgiven him for Caroline or Lexi. Or Vicki.
I'm glad that you see the DE chemistry and you know, I wasn't their biggest fan before that dance scene that you mentioned At this point Damon started slowly redeeming himself and this scene showed that Ian and Nina have a great chemistry. It was rather hard for me to forgive Damon for all those things you mentioned, but however, he managed to redeem himself and he made up for that in season 2, even though he still has worlds to go. He is evolving as a character and growing naturally. I don't think he is trying to be good only for Elena, I think first and foremost he is doing it for Stefan, because no matter what he might say, he wants to be a part of his life. This two brothers love each other like hell and in season 2 you will get a chance to see it. Brothers' relationship is the most complecated, confusing and beautiful thing about TVD series.

Nikki, such a gorgeous Stefan art, can't stop starring

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Nikki, such a gorgeous Stefan art, can't stop starring

He is incredibly gorgeous I could just stare at the pretty all day
Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, i get why people hate him, but it still makes me kinda sad i'm so lame!! lol but yeah, S2 def won't make it easy for you though, he's all over the place, if you thought he was unstable in S1.. you just wait for it

But still.. Damon/LIFE for me

Robb Stark/LIFE

Oh how i love him! I think i can officially say he's my fave GoT character

S2 better have lots and LOTS of Robb!!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, season 2 Damon did a lot of things that should not have been done and it is definitelly a season that can turn you into a Damon hater (and if you hated him even before that, you might end up hating him more), but for me it was also a season that shows all Damon's problems the way they are as well as his redeeming quatilities. And by the end of S2 he proves a great character growth, because he tries so hard.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Oh def, for me too It's been what? A month, a couple of weeks in TVD land?? I didn't want his road to be rushed or easy, i didn't want him to magically be "good" overnight. I personally loved his journey as a viewer, (hated it fandom-wise) b ut he was a mess, and it can easily go the other way

Last edited by Kary1591; 06-15-2011 at 05:22 AM
Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Peyton Sawyer/Life: I LOVE this woman. She is awesome and so incredibly relatable

My bb STEFAN SALAVTORE: I don't need to explain my love for him, because anyone who knows me, knows just exactly how much and how hard I love this man

Robert Pattinson/Life: Owns me completely. I ADORE HIM TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

Paul Wesley/Life: Quirky, funny, engaging, beautiful, talented... how can you not love this man?!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh def, for me too It's been what? A month, a couple of weeks in TVD land?? I didn't want his road to be rushed or easy, i didn't want him to magically be "good" overnight. I personally loved his journey as a viewer, (hated it fandom-wise) b ut he was a mess, and it can easily go the other way
Exactly. It was a quite short periode of time in TVD land, those 2 seasons, Damon had been evil for many, MANY years and yet he managed to make such a great progress just by the end of season 2. It took Stefan years to learn to control his nature (please don't think that it is a go at Stefan, you know I love the guy, but I'm just stating facts). We just met Stefan when he already learned to do it. Damon's journey has just begun and he is doing more than well. His evolation is incredible.

Quote:
Peyton Sawyer/Life: I LOVE this woman. She is awesome and so incredibly relatable
Peyton is my favourite female character on OTH (Nathan is my fave OTH guy ). I can relate to her a lot. At school I was a loner and a bit of emo, I loved drawing (still do, btw) and expressing myself through art, but however I was quite popular in high school and never had a problem with boys. I looked like a typical blonde girl next door and was hiding my problems away from everyone else. In these aspects I can very much relate to her. I also find her character incredibly interesting.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm glad that you see the DE chemistry and you know, I wasn't their biggest fan before that dance scene that you mentioned At this point Damon started slowly redeeming himself and this scene showed that Ian and Nina have a great chemistry. It was rather hard for me to forgive Damon for all those things you mentioned, but however, he managed to redeem himself and he made up for that in season 2, even though he still has worlds to go. He is evolving as a character and growing naturally. I don't think he is trying to be good only for Elena, I think first and foremost he is doing it for Stefan, because no matter what he might say, he wants to be a part of his life. This two brothers love each other like hell and in season 2 you will get a chance to see it. Brothers' relationship is the most complecated, confusing and beautiful thing about TVD series.
THIS Although I wouldn't say Damon is trying to change for his brother more, I think he is trying to change for ALL the persons he loves and cares about because he sees he hurts them... I think he's also trying to change for himself because he's learning now that turning his feelings down won't change anything to how he feels, it will only hurt him more and make the people he loves feel hurt too.

Also, to talk about what he did to Lexi this is one of the only things about him that I really hated and wish he never did but even then I have to say that at that moment of S1 Damon was still lost and twisted and I think he truely believed that it was more important to save his brother (and himself) than Lexi. I think it also shows how much he has evolved. Other than that, it's just impossible to me to be angry for what he did to Caroline or Vicky back there because these were a NORMAL vampire actions. And that's what vampires do, and I know that I'm repeating myself but it's seems it's what this thread is made for
Vampires drink human blood, compel humans to make them forget they are vampires (not to make them have sex and I will never, never, ever believe Damon compelled Caroline or Andie to have sex these were their entire choice, they wanted to have sex with him, maybe not knowing he was a vampire but it doesn't change things much ) and turn humans into vampires. So on a vampire stage I suppose Damon had 10/10 And now he's learning to be human whereas Stefan is returning to his basic vampire instincts...

Last thing, that makes me love Damon so much is that he is FUN to watch, and fun as a person. He's the only one who can bring Elena to laugh when she's sad and the show without him would just be so boooring So I love him for that too Damon/life

Thanks to Jade for the icon!!

Last edited by ElizaSparrow; 06-15-2011 at 06:07 AM
Old 06-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Exactly. It was a quite short periode of time in TVD land, those 2 seasons, Damon had been evil for many, MANY years and yet he managed to make such a great progress just by the end of season 2. It took Stefan years to learn to control his nature (please don't think that it is a go at Stefan, you know I love the guy, but I'm just stating facts). We just met Stefan when he already learned to do it. Damon's journey has just begun and he is doing more than well. His evolation is incredible.
I am another person who actually really enjoys both brothers, but comparing Stefan's journey's with Damon's journey doesn't work. Damon has to wear what he does, just like Stefan has to, and to say that Stefan's journey is finished or completed isn't correct. Stefan still has lots of learning to do aswell. I enjoy both journey's, they both have crosses to bear but their journey's are completey different, especially in how they approach it and how they approach the people around them.

Stefan/Life: He is really awesome to watch. I get completely wrapped up in his scenes. Paul Wesley is amazing.

Damon/Life: The writing for this character is fantastic, the witty one liners are funny as heck and Ian plays him perfectly.

Stefan/Elena: They are made for each other. They have this simple calmness about them and then all of a sudden they can be flirty and fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)
I am another person who actually really enjoys both brothers, but comparing Stefan's journey's with Damon's journey doesn't work. Damon has to wear what he does, just like Stefan has to, and to say that Stefan's journey is finished or completed isn't correct. Stefan still has lots of learning to do aswell. I enjoy both journey's, they both have crosses to bear but their journey's are completey different, especially in how they approach it and how they approach the people around them.
That's how the writers state it though. Stefan's journey may not be over but it definitetely isn't just beginning. His journey began when he met Lexi and she helped him change. Damon's journey began a couple of months ago. JP hasn't said Stefan's journey is over by any means, but she has said that unlike Damon, Stefan was well into his journey when the show began.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's how the writers state it though. Stefan's journey may not be over but it definitetely isn't just beginning. His journey began when he met Lexi and she helped him change. Damon's journey began a couple of months ago. JP hasn't said Stefan's journey is over by any means, but she has said that unlike Damon, Stefan was well into his journey when the show began.
Yep, I remember this interview
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread