Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Well it can't be a secret for long Emma would get suspicious if he spends a ton of time with Gold. I can't see Killain keeping it a secret for more than two episodes
You'd think.

this...

Quote:
Let’s talk about Emma Swan shall we?

We didn’t get much insight tonight but we got more than enough to see that we have never seen her this happy before.

We saw her smile before yes, we saw her being tender with other people but never like this.

It’s truly beautiful to see her opening up to Killian, and to see her asking him out was just eveything. How cute was it that she needed Henry to encourage her to talk to Killian?

She goes for it and I just can’t help but remember how 4 seasons ago, Emma had refused Graham the pretty much same way and told him there was no way. She came a long way our lost girl, here she is tonight, standing at Granny where Neal a season ago asked her out in the most awkward way possible at the worse moment ever, Emma is there and she tells him he was right, they need to go out.

Isn’t it cute how they are bickering like a married couple on ‘you cant prepare a date” thing? Honestly, more married than these two you can’t do.

Emma dressing up for him is just everything I have ever wanted and she is simply stunning, shame on everyone hating on her hairstyle or dress she was simply stunning.
Can I just say that kuddos to Killian for preparing a whole date, I said it a lot by the past but that man is so freaking ressourceful, he just prepared a whole date in a realm he doesn’t know and managed to change clothes?

It does force admiration you have to recognize that.

Emma is so estatic to go on a date, she is happy and you can see on her face that she can’t contain her joy, she is literally ****struck when she opens the door, she is beautiful for him but he is also beautiful for her, and that does touch her.

The date was perfect in a lot of ways, the way they keep reaching for each other hands - wow just wow, Emma is not a touchy person keep that in mind, how many time did she lace her fingers with his? So many I didn’t count, she reaches for him, and she does want this to work.

I mean, the thief who ran away under her nose was right there, yet, she still decided to enjoy her night.

She wasn’t the savior tonight, she was Emma Swan, enjoying a date with her very handsome boyfriend. And it was perfect to be honest, Emma reassured him when he needed it, she held his hands and they really seemed to have fun.

Also, gotta love how, Emma probably got her first real teen night in a way, the boy comes over to take her out, the boy gives her a flower, take her to dinner, and brings her home giving her his jacket in the way following by hot make out in the doorway.

Emma is getting things she probably never got in her life, and that makes me so happy for her, they both looked young tonight, and it was refreshing to see them this happy. She had his jacket, she had her pirate, and God, I don’t think I have ever seen that much sexual tension between them - Emma is so getting her place and she is so getting a piece of this pirate asap. Seriously, she was one frustrated woman that night.

My last comment would be about how she flirted with him at the station, I was just mouth open in front of my screen- is this the same Emma Swan who asked him to stay behind and get some firewood?

Yes it’s the same woman, a woman who finally opened herself to love and is letting herself be happy.

It’s beautiful.
I would go to the end of the world for her or time

Last edited by sandlsmom; 10-20-2014 at 02:06 AM
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't we have a picture of Hook sitting in a cell? Do we know when that will happen?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't we have a picture of Hook sitting in a cell? Do we know when that will happen?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

^^^ That was a BTS pic from Jen's instagram or Twitter, I believe. I'm not sure if Colin was just sitting in the cell because or if he was actually doing a scene from in there.

I liked the theory someone else had about them spending some private time together there because Emma doesn't have her own place yet.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 10-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

DP Issues.

But the ratings are in from last night and they're as of now, the same as last week and will probably tick up a bit from adjustments.

"They're loyal beasts"

Last edited by sheridon; 10-20-2014 at 09:02 AM
Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Loved all the Hook/Emma scenes this episode!! They're really the only good thing left on the show for me That said, I thought this episode was a good one. Loved their date and they definitely both wanted more

That's said, I was strangely happy to see the old pirate back! I love that Hook isn't totally a "good" man yet, that said, yes Rumple still IS a liar, and saying Hook hasn't changed at all was a lie. Hook was mostly doubting himself the whole episode and it's normal IMO. And he got what was coming to him with the deal. That said... Rumple went to far at the end... They were even when Hook got his hook back and it should have stopped there. The fact that Rumple still wants to use Hook after that shows that Rumple is indeed the one who hasn't changed and isn't intending to which is kind of sad, IMO

I hope Hook will be able to reveal the truth about the deal to Emma
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've trying to log in all AM and then post and immediately lose connection and unable to log back in. So anticipating it happening again so I'm going to make this post count.

About last nights episode, loved it. It was creatively woven story among Anna, Hook and Rumple/Gold with a twist at the end and a bonus of originality and imagination using the iconic Disney character of Mickey Mouse and the Sorcerer's Apprentice as a story point.

Before went hey-wire, I did read a few posters equating Rumple and Hook as equally duplicitous and concern this is a rehashing of the cursed lips and Zelena, but I disagree.

Instead of reading my long winded answer, I found Mandy's this morning (while waiting to log in) and agree with her assessment on "why now (CS is happy)?" and Hook.

Before the finale, A&E said in an interview that the writers threw in a few nuggets for the fourth season. I suspect Charming and Hook's fireside chat is one such nugget. Hook reveals he's unsure if:

1) Emma's parents approve of him
2) Emma would go to the end of the world and fight for him and them.

The CS date showed that both Emma and Hook are HAPPY together. Deliriously happy and Snow/Charming are team Emma. If she is happy, they are happy for her! Charming's final comment of "I guess he (Hook) has changed" is (IMHO) foreshadowing all the impending pirate-y dark side of Hook. And Killian's insecurity of his worthiness to be Emma's partner and part of the Charming family.
Quote:
Anonymous inquired:
I am actually a huge Hook fan, I just get stressed everytime I see that kind of plot. If Rumple was full of **** and the hand was indeed cursed then yes, I understand why his inner darkness manifested at that particular time. If he was telling the truth I just didn't get why would his inner darkness manifest now, when everything was going so great for him. The woman he loves has finally opened up to him ans is ready to have a relationship, he's been accepted by everyone. Why now?

All right, darling. I apologize for misreading your first message.

The simple truth is that Killian Jones has low self-worth. And I know that sounds ridiculous since the man is always boasting about how handsome he is and his sex appeal and how he’s good in a fight, but really, those are the only things he boasts about. That’s where his confidence lies. He knows he’s hot, he knows he can satisfy a woman in bed and he knows he can kick anyone’s ass.

But there is a darkness in him and a self-loathing that makes him question his place in Emma’s world. He’s done terrible things. He believed at the time and maybe even now, that he did them for the right reasons, but that doesn’t make them any less terrible. That doesn’t make him any less of a pirate. And he loves Emma so much and he wants to be the best version of himself for her and he is, but because he has so many misgivings and so much guilt about the stuff he’s done in the past, it’s very easy to trigger his fears.

When we first heard that Killian would get his hand back, there was an ugly debate about it - whether it was sending the wrong message that he needs a hand to be whole. But it turned out that wasn’t the reason he wanted it at all. He wanted to be able to hold Emma with both hands because he believes that she deserves that - a man without a hook, a tool he’s used to bring fear and pain to his enemies for 300 years. He wanted to go as the best version of himself, and it wasn’t about needing a hand to be whole, it was about not having the reminder of the man he was hanging from his wrist. Same thing with his clothes. He changed them to distance himself and their date from his past because he’s moving forward with Emma and finally finding happiness.

And that is exactly why now, to answer your question. Because Killian was honest with Rumple when Rumple asked why he wanted his hand back and then he took advantage of that. Whether or not the hand was actually cursed doesn’t matter at all because Rumple put the seeds of doubt in Killian’s mind. He reminded him of how he used to behave and then he took advantage of his weak moments to force him into getting in even deeper - just like he did with Anna in the past. And Killian might not have Anna’s innocence, but he’s a man in love, wanting the absolute best for his love, and Rumple took that and manipulated it and used it against him, just like Zelena did when she cursed his lips last season.

It is frustrating to watch because we know that Emma and the Charming family would support him in a heartbeat if he’d gone to them and told the truth right away. Even if he does it now, they’d still support him and believe him because he’s proven himself and they care about him. But Killian doesn’t have the faith in himself to believe that. He knows they’re good people, but he still doesn’t believe that he deserves to have a place with them. And Rumple’s counting on that. He’s counting on his fears and his doubts so that he can continue to manipulate him into doing his bidding.
wrong in all the right ways

Last edited by CityGal; 10-20-2014 at 12:48 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Looks like we may be back in proper action now. At least the connection seems to be better for the moment.

Has anyone seen the press release for4X05 they can post?

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Spoke too soon.

"They're loyal beasts"

Last edited by sheridon; 10-20-2014 at 11:50 AM
Old 10-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I've trying to log in all AM and then post and immediately lose connection and unable to log back in. So anticipating it happening again so I'm going to make this post count.

About last nights episode, loved it. It was creatively woven story among Anna, Hook and Rumple/Gold with a twist at the end and a bonus of originality and imagination using the iconic Disney character of Mickey Mouse and the Sorcerer's Apprentice as a story point.

Before went hey-wire, I did read a few posters equating Rumple and Hook as equally duplicitous and concern this is a rehashing of the cursed lips and Zelena, but I disagree.

Instead of reading my long winded answer, I found Mandy's this morning (while waiting to log in) and agree with her assessment on "why now (CS is happy)?" and Hook.

Before the finale, A&E said in an interview that the writers threw in a few nuggets for the fourth season. I suspect Charming and Hook's fireside chat is one such nugget. Hook reveals 1) he's unsure if Emma's parents approve of him 2) Emma would go to the end of the world and fight for him and them.

The date showed that both Emma and Hook are HAPPY together. Deliriously happy and Snow/Charming are team Emma. If she is happy, they are happy for her! Charming's final comment of "I guess he (Hook) has changed" is (IMHO) foreshadowing all the impending pirate-y dark side of Hook. And Killian's insecurity of his worthiness to be Emma's partner and part of the Charming family.

wrong in all the right ways
CityGal - thanks for this! I love both your analysis and the one you posted. You are right. Fundamentally, Hook doesn't believe that he is good enough for Emma - he doesn't believe that she will love him unless he is perfect. And no one is perfect. So he's afraid to tell her because he feels that she will reject him.

Of course, his act of hiding this from her will make it way worse.

ETA - here's the press release, sheridon:
Quote:
"Breaking Glass" - Regina reluctantly teams up with Emma to search for the Snow Queen after Sidney, who is once again Regina's prisoner in the mirror, discovers her whereabouts and agrees to lead her to the location. With Belle babysitting baby Neal, a nervous Mary Margaret and David prepare for their first date night away from their child and find themselves on a mission to track down Will Scarlet, who has escaped from the town jail, and Elsa sees Anna in the Storybrooke woods. Meanwhile, back in the past, young Emma finds herself a kindred spirit when she befriends a girl who, like her, is a runaway orphan, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Giancarlo Esposito as Sidney/Magic Mirror, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, Oliver Rice as King Arendelle, Pascale Hutton as Queen Arendelle, Nicole Munoz as Lily, Barclay Hope as Lily's father, Kelly-Ruth Mercier as manager, Anson Hibbert as policeman, Ilias Webb as Kevin, Abby Ross as young Emma and Elizabeth Mitchell as Snow Queen.

"Breaking Glass" was written by Kalinda Vazquez & Scott Nimerfro and directed by Alrick Riley.
Once Upon A Time - Episode 4.05 - Breaking Glass - Press Release | Spoilers

Last edited by RockNRoll; 10-20-2014 at 12:31 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Tumblr post...

Once Upon A Time 4x04 "The Apprentice" Recap |

TV Time: Once Upon a Time 4.04 | Nerdy Girl Notes
X
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 10-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Emma flashback. Finally.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, we knew this was coming but this was not what we expected. We all really thought that Hook was going to be cursed. My biggest apprehension about Emma and Hook in Season Four was that the angst wasn’t going to be supernatural, that it was going to come from Hook turning to darkness on his own. And it looks like that is what is going to happen.

So, after three episodes of relationship development that culminated with Emma declaring that she of course trusts Hook … he is going to hide the truth from her. Basically, he is going to lie and she is not going to have any reason to not believe him. Hook’s problem is that he has never had a support system and he doesn’t want to lose Emma. Rumple made him doubt that Emma will believe him so he has sucked him into the same situation that he is in with Belle.

So, there are a few things that are keeping me from spiraling into sadness over my OTP. (I really thought I was prepared for the angst but boy was I wrong)
◾Thematically we can say the first half of the season is about how you never give up on the people you love
◾Will we see Emma have to fight for Hook in Season four? Eddy: Absolutely.
◾“A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets.”
◾“Love is the most powerful magic of all.”

The quotes above are giving me hope for the future of Emma and Hook. Emma felt a spark of feelings for the pirate when they were on the beanstalk, so much so that she had to chain him up there to keep protect her heart. The rest of that season she saw firsthand how “rotten” his heart was. All of last season Hook showed up for Emma, supported her and fought for her no matter what. Now she will have to fight for him.

Hook has never had someone see the good in him since his brother. He and Milah may have been in love but she was there for the adventure with him, something tells me if Killian wanted to settle down and raise a family Milah would have left him, too. Hook’s men were those that served him but they weren’t friends. Now Rumple has shown Hook that he still has darkness in him and he’s convinced him that he needs to keep secrets. Hook doesn’t believe at this point that Emma would believe him. He’s never had a support system before.

Hook is now the one putting up walls. I think his behavior over the next few episodes is going to be pretty disappointing and he is going to believe that he is irredeemable. Emma is going to have to be the one to convince him otherwise. And not just Emma but also Charming. He said it himself, maybe he has changed. Last season Charming was fully against the idea of Hook and his daughter but he saw a candid moment of how happy Emma was after their date. Hook has never had a Belle in his corner cheering for him to be a good man, what he has done he has only done because he knew he was unworthy of Emma. Now he needs someone to fight for him so he can believe in himself.
my thoughts
Old 10-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/524286492231745536
https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/523990925811257346

Official OnceABC tumblr

Thanks

I like reading these reviews from these guys

Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Add in the wedding dress between them in 4x03, this part of Once Upon A Time 4x04 "The Apprentice" Recap | makes me wonder if we'll be getting a proposal in the season finale.

Quote:
We can’t be the only ones who saw the marriage foreshadowing this week – from a light colored dress to proposal talks. It couldn’t be more obvious if it were written in the sky with fireworks.
ETA: Colin said this in one of the date articles from last week, "and basically he just won't have any secrets from Emma"...did he accidentally give away a spoiler because at the moment, he IS keeping secrets.

Last edited by sandlsmom; 10-20-2014 at 02:28 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread