Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Hi, Ice. How's it going? Me = ok.

I never got a chance to read, so don't put me in the lineup.

Huh?
Ah, sorry. I had to explain to Irish, who was kind of invested in ice dancing that I am a secret ice skating junkie. And I've had a fave ice dancing team that I fell in love with during the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. I have cheered them on ever since and last night, they went for another gold medal. I was a nervous wreck for them and haven't been able to stop watching interviews and gifs and reading tweets.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Ah, sorry. I had to explain to Irish, who was kind of invested in ice dancing that I am a secret ice skating junkie. And I've had a fave ice dancing team that I fell in love with during the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. I have cheered them on ever since and last night, they went for another gold medal. I was a nervous wreck for them and haven't been able to stop watching interviews and gifs and reading tweets.
So, that explains your Twitter profile pic.

EDIT: I don't think I've sat down to watch the Olympics since 1988.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I used to watch here and there, but I haven't watched much the past few...although I did try to watch Michael Phelps. Even then it was was sporadic.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

My mom and I have watched the winter Olympics since I was a really little girl. And I've always loved figure skating. I took lessons when I was a kid and I've never really let go of my love for the sport. I just usually keep it a little under wraps cause it's kind of dorky. But considering I didn't have a Twitter account during the last Olympics, I discovered I wasn't able to keep my love for these two Canadian skaters under wraps. And over half the world was rooting for them last night. It was infectious! And yeah, my current profile pic is of the moment right after they finished their gold medal winning dance in Vancouver. Yes, I am a big old nerd.

Also, these two are so damn easy to ship, even more so in the last two years or so. The whole world wants them to be in love, but they just keep insisting their friends. I've always liked the thought of them as a couple, but in the past couple years, I've almost gone fullblown shipper on them. And I try never to ship real life couples, but I can't help it.

Guys, I think there are only the 3 of us here tonight.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 02-20-2018 at 07:41 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm here. I read the stories last time but can't find my notes. I can probably wing it.

Ice - is the couple you like the same one Irish likes or a different one?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Anything new going on for you gals? I'm here, a bit late as usual. It's that darn physical therapy I'm doing.

Where are we at for tonight?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Anything new going on for you gals? I'm here, a bit late as usual. It's that darn physical therapy I'm doing.

Where are we at for tonight?
Hey...looks like the gang is mostly here now. How is everyone?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Hey...looks like the gang is mostly here now. How is everyone?
Pretty good.

Thought about Miles on Saturday when my 6 year old showed me a sore on his hand (he's had hand/foot/mouth this week) that had a red line crawling from it up his arm. Three hours in the ER and some heavy duty antibiotics and he's okay.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Pretty good.

Thought about Miles on Saturday when my 6 year old showed me a sore on his hand (he's had hand/foot/mouth this week) that had a red line crawling from it up his arm. Three hours in the ER and some heavy duty antibiotics and he's okay.
Thank goodness for antibiotics...instrad of almost losing your hand because crazy people smashed it. I miss Revolution
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I'm here. I read the stories last time but can't find my notes. I can probably wing it.

Ice - is the couple you like the same one Irish likes or a different one?
Yeah, they are the ones Irish likes. It seems there is a large portion of Olicity fans who are rooting for Tessa & Scott. I only found out she liked them because she posted a pic right after their first skate in Korea with both Olicity and Virtue/Moir. So I asked her why she was posting a pic of her OTP with my fave ice dancers. I think she got sucked into the shipping part of them as well. It's kinda a hopeless case once you see the two of them together. It's a very satisfying thing to watch them skate.

Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm babbling about it cause it's taken over my life for a little bit here.

And welcome, Lemon and Thessie.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Thank goodness for antibiotics...instrad of almost losing your hand because crazy people smashed it. I miss Revolution
For sure!! He was better after one dose thankfully.

On the way home well after midnight - after spending all night in the ER - and then dragging my exhausted kiddo to Walgreens for the script (because the DR said do not wait!) I, of course, was pulled over by a policeman for having a brake light out. oy.

6 didn't even wake up through the whole police experience.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, they are the ones Irish likes. It seems there is a large portion of Olicity fans who are rooting for Tessa & Scott. I only found out she liked them because she posted a pic right after their first skate in Korea with both Olicity and Virtue/Moir. So I asked her why she was posting a pic of her OTP with my fave ice dancers. I think she got sucked into the shipping part of them as well. It's kinda a hopeless case once you see the two of them together. It's a very satisfying thing to watch them skate.

Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm babbling about it cause it's taken over my life for a little bit here.

And welcome, Lemon and Thessie.
I'm totally confused again. Are their names Tessa & Scott or Virture & Moir?

EDIT: So glad and relieved your son is ok, Lemon! Blood infections are serious! Thank God for antibiotics!
Old 02-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir.

So I, too, have no notes. I'll have to wing it like Lemon. I think the only one really prepared is LadyH. Not sure if you're getting in on this Thessie.

And Lemon, so glad he's OK. Something like that can be so scary. Good to know he was fixed up with some antibiotics.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

EDIT: So glad and relieved your son is ok, Lemon! Blood infections are serious! Thank God for antibiotics!
I liked them but not as much as you guys do, evidently.

Thanks MD. Yes. I was pretty terrified.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey LadyH! I'm doing okay. Pretty much the same as usual. Work and getting myself worked over at PT. I'm working on a couple feature pieces right now that I'm pretty excited about. How about you? How's your family?

Lemon, I'm so happy he's okay! What was it? Good thing you got him in to the doctor right away and he's on some heavy duty antibiotics!

Icicle, what's this about Virtue and Moir? They're so great! Love them....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread