Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i love that song.
andrew&hannah.
is_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Total Fan

I think I'm in love with RubberDuckInc.

It's so awesome to see all these videos.

icon: amaranthine3
isabella36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Lol Isabella I think I am too They are the reason we are getting many of these amazing ArMor videos!
StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr
Neda16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

I know. And I also love all the people who choose to make them ArMor and not another ship.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

haha yes, all hail ArMor fans! I'm surprised at how many A/G fans have actually been making ArMor vids (for requests and for themselves). I find it really interesting
| tumblr
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Total Fan

Nobody can resist the power of ArMor. How can you? Just look at the chemistry. They make it impossible. And Bradley and Katie are too damn gorgeous Anybody with taste can see how awesome they are.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, sorry, yes, it's by Keane, I'm still editing RubberDuckInc should come here so we come praise her, thanks to her we have a lot of new vids, and she made a beautiful ArMor video too, we're so lucky she has The Sight too, and sees beyond the Arwen crap...

Isabel//Icon
Angstfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

haha so much word Isabella! I completely agree, Bradley and Katie are just too dang gorgeous and they bring intense chemistry. How can you resist?

And omg ANOTHER video! It's simpler than the others, but it's still nice to see ArMor vids

YouTube - Arthur/Morgana-Battlefield
| tumblr
Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's like christmas early.
andrew&hannah.
is_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Total Fan

We shall shower her with gifts.

I have to go. I'm meeting up with some friends. I'll see if I can comeback early and see if anybody is till around.

I love that song. It has the word ARMOR in it.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Aw bye Isabella have fun! And omg I always think the same thing about that song
| tumblr
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

anyone still around? I'm still on a high from reading Road to Avalon and from all the new videos we've gotten
| tumblr
Old 12-22-2009, 09:07 PM
New Fan

hi, girls! hope everybody had a good day i love the new thread title, BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Fay (View Post)
It’s only nowadays she’s risen to prominence due to revision of traditional canon: books like Firelord & MoA took Morgause’s role and gave it to Morgana (because, remember, it is Morgause who usually has Mordred). Morgana’s major love interests are Uriens/Guiomar/Accolon, while Arthur traditionally doesn’t have a love interest; he’s too focussed on fraternal bonding.
i wanted to say YES! i agree.

*pushes imaginary glasses up the bridge of her nose*

it's hard to say what's canon or not, because each version of her varies rather drastically, but it's definitely true that morgan as we know her today is a rather recent development. in fact at the very beginning, she wasn't arthur's enemy... she wasn't even related to arthur at all-- she was a supernatural being (a fairy, hence "le fay") with healing magic. it was only later, when the french cycles started (the ones that fleshed out the story of lancelot & guinevere), that she became arthur's half-sister. and even then, she had nothing to do with arthur other than wanting him dead and/or out of the throne. pretty much up until MZB came along, it was morgause who was mordred's mother; arthur and morgan never actually loved each other, at least not in an outwardly romantic sense (although i guess you can extrapolate... i never did). i wouldn't even go as far as to say it's the most "popular"-- it's just the version that's fresh in our heads.

i guess that has a lot to do with why i never actually shipped arthur & morgan before the BBC show came along... whatever relationship they had was never fleshed out too deeply. they were never actually involved or even seemed like they could be, at least it didn't feel that way to me in any of the literature i read. i mean, first there was the fact that they were half-siblings, so that just about killed any possibility for me (i can't bring myself to like incest, sorry). and then arthur always seemed like his one true love was camelot i never cared much for arthur in the legends, other than the idea that he was a great king. even when he was involved with a woman, it was fleeting (morgause, even guinevere, they were all sudden fancies that arthur eventually put past him to focus on camelot and war-- how stereotypically male is that?). and from her end, morgan was always a completely awesome villainess, so i never really cared for her finding love, much less with arthur.

so yeah, much like lolipopo said, lancelot/guinevere is the one true canon couple in this thing. however, it's worth noting that the idea of arthur being carried to avalon to be healed/taken care of by morgan already existed since the very beginning. before the french wrote arthur, before morgan became his sister and before lancelot and guinevere even came to be. so in that sense, yep, they actually have like 10 centuries of history together. whether you want to take that as romantic or not, that's your prerogative. like i said, one is free to extrapolate.

in my case, for one, my main sources are steinbeck and white, and their source was malory-- so i got the half-siblings, morgause-is-mordred's-mother deal. that's the one that's pretty much stuck in my brain, and i couldn't ever see morgan and arthur having any sort of romantic interaction at all. but after the BBC's new interpretation, it's hard not to look back and think "hmm, i wonder why it never even crossed my mind...?"

lolipopo, i would love to read those argante versions you mentioned. unfortunately i was never able to get a hold of anything pre-malory, although i've read a bunch of essays that mention pre-malory morgan, but i've never actually read anything about arthur being besotted by the fairy queen. now you've piqued my interest

oh, and thank you so much for that fragment of morgane! i'm studiously ignoring the fact that they know they're half-siblings, but apart from that, it was hot! now i'm wondering what it sounds like in its original french. hmmm, maybe i shoud do what neda did and order the book in french. i'm not fluent by any stretch of the imagination but i know the basics and i'm handy with my dictionary...

a video with the song "battlefield"! i love that song.

i was going to stay up and continue working on the postcards, but i'm too damn tired i think i'm just gonna crash. talk to you tomorrow, girls! ~carla.
cali-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

haha wow Carla, that's a nice meaty comment you left there, I love it I find Arthur and Morgan(a)'s development in the legends really fascinating, and I wish that I could say I knew more about, but sadly I'm uneducated when it comes to old Arthurian literature And Carla I can't wait til the postcard site is finished and you tell us that we can start printing and sending them out! ArMor FTW! And yeah, I'm not completely fluent in French either but just like you I know the basics and I'm handy with a dictionary so I couldn't resist buying Merlin Arthur and Morgane, what can I say? I'm becoming a total fangirl You should totally follow my example and get the books, that way I won't be alone and be the only one trying to decipher the French when it's not my first language
| tumblr
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Omg I'm seriously in heaven, ANOTHER ArMor video just popped up! And it's hilarious and cute

YouTube - Arthur and Morgana - Can you feel the love tonight? (Thetenwhos's Contest)
| tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread