Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Lancelot and Gwaine are way too different to have the same taste in women Morgana needs some love *cough*Arthur*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi04 (View Post)
And Neda, is that profile picture from the Vampire Diaries episode 12 promo? The one where Tyler kisses Caroline? Because if it is, it's fantastic! I absolutely love them together!
It is from the episode 12 promo! Tyler&Caroline are my new OTP and I'm so excited!
StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr

Last edited by Neda16; 12-10-2010 at 02:44 PM
Old 12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguetta (View Post)
Hello and Happy Friday!

:lmoa: Lancelot and Gwaine probably don't have the same taste in either men, or women! I know that there are Merlin-Gwaine shippers, but I don't know if there are Merlin-Lancelot shippers. I can see Merlin and Gwaine -- but not Merlin and Lancelot as a couple.
There are merlin-lancelot shippers I dont think there a lot I cant see merlin-lancelot as a couple but it all really depends on what you like and stuff some people like M/L and some people like A/M also I love your avatar that was one of my fav. scenes in the ep.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

The scene where she helps him with his armor is one of the best scenes in the whole series
| tumblr
Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony_rules (View Post)
There are merlin-lancelot shippers I dont think there a lot I cant see merlin-lancelot as a couple but it all really depends on what you like and stuff some people like M/L and some people like A/M also I love your avatar that was one of my fav. scenes in the ep.
Thanks, Gelly. That scene is my favorite ArMor scene in the whole series.

Hi there Neda!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think you mean "Do Lancelot and Gwaine really seem like the type to have the same taste in women"
Yes I did

Quote:
I just wish that there was more love for Morgana on the show, you know?
I do, I really really do. And I want the guy to be awesome, which is why the list of Morgana's admirers if pathetic except for Arthur's (and the renowned beauty thing).

Quote:
I can see Merlin and Gwaine -- but not Merlin and Lancelot as a couple.
Ah, but what about Lancelot and Gwaine?

Quote:
Well, Katie said that Gwen has snogged everyone!
I love that gif, I wish I'd saved it.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Loyal Fan

l o t n i k ó w,
co nie Polsko?
boy ♥ girl | Joanna
Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Looking back, I don't think of Merlin and Morgana as friends. I think of them as people who knew each other and were friendly; but I don't think of them as friends in the way that this show chooses to define friendship.

Morgana was always a good friend to Merlin. She liked him, treated him far better than Arthur has, trusted him to have her back in dangerous situations, risked her life to help save his village, and trusted him with her darkest secrets.

Merlin, ultimately, is a voyeur and a sneak. There's also another word that perfectly describes Merlin but people don't like to apply it to him, not because of the neutral definition but because of the negative connotation. That word is manipulative. Merlin is very manipulative. We all have had friends and significant others. We all know that relationships change easily; the friend you're on good terms with but don't consider yourself particularly close to can become one of your best friends due to a late night chat that starts with your favorite new band but somehow ends up with the two of you divulging the worst memories from your childhoods. And we all know from experience that these changes are rarely remarked upon. Contrary to how television and films like portray personal conversations, most of us do not give fifteen minute speeches to our significant others about when we fell in love with them, how we fell in love with them, how we feel about being in love with them, and how our love for them has transformed us into a better person. The closest most of us will come to that kind of cheese is our wedding vows. Trust me, I'm still on topic. So when Morgana started sharing her secret about having magic and visions with Merlin she assumed, as do all of us -- even those with only minimal socialization -- that she and Merlin were now close friends. She assumed wrongly.

Merlin seems to think because Kilgarrah (the dragon) told him his "great destiny" involves Camelot and its citizens then the business of every citizen is his business. I've never seen anyone so at ease snooping around, constantly eavesdropping on people's very personal moments, without showing any hesitation and guilt over violating people's privacy. So it seems that when Merlin listens to your problems it isn't necessarily out of friendship but also because of his belief of his right to know that is so bone-deep even Merlin doesn't seem to question it.

Merlin doesn't get that you cannot act as someone's confessor just because you like them. If you don't trust someone enough to share your secrets, then you are being unfair and manipulative by letting them divulge their secrets to you. It gives that person the impression you have a relationship you don't. I don't think Merlin owed her his secret; I think he owed her fairness. The only good piece of advice Gaius ever gave Merlin was to stay out of it. If Merlin was never willing to be Morgana's friend in the way that she needed, he should've simply bowed out. And he wasn't. Face facts, Merlin apologists: he told Gilli about himself and he told Freya about himself, and I'm sure he told others I just wasn't paying attention because Merlin annoys me. So it wasn't fear of revealing himself; it wasn't fear of making himself vulnerable. He just didn't like Morgana as much as he says he did.

Which is sad because Morgana would've done anything Merlin wanted or needed. Merlin was never as good a friend to Morgana as she was to him. And while they were friends, up to The Fires of Idirsholas, Morgana never betrayed Merlin. She trusted him implicitly. That's why she didn't hesitate to take that bottle of water and poison from him. He's her friend; why would he hurt her?
Old 12-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Merlin was never as good a friend to Morgana as she was to him.
I agree with everything you wrote but especially this so much! And when people go aw I feel so bad for Merlin, he had to poison the love of his life! my only reaction is Seriously! First of all, he didn't have to poison her right away. He could have taken the tactic NORMAL people would have taken and oh I don't know talked to her before he tried to poison her?? Also, when did she become the love of his life?? I never saw any romance between them at all! At this point the only person that qualifies to be the love of his life is Freya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
I love that gif, I wish I'd saved it.
Here you go

| tumblr
Old 12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

"I get frocks. Brilliant." and "That's what I tell myself."

Thanks Neda

Quote:
First of all, he didn't have to poison her right away. He could have taken the tactic NORMAL people would have taken and oh I don't know talked to her before he tried to poison her??
THANK YOU. I'd have grabbed Morgana and pulled her off to the side. "Look, Arthur and I spent less than a quarter of an hour (15 minutes!) with Morgause and she got Arthur to almost kill Uther. I know what this woman is capable of. And I know what you've been through and that you have every right to hate Uther. But consider what you're doing, what this will do to Arthur. He'll fight until he dies, if he has to." Something. I'd appeal to her good heart, her sense of right and wrong.

I'd do anything to save a friend, I wouldn't just go *sob* "I have to kill her" *sob*.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
THANK YOU. I'd have grabbed Morgana and pulled her off to the side. "Look, Arthur and I spent less than a quarter of an hour (15 minutes!) with Morgause and she got Arthur to almost kill Uther. I know what this woman is capable of. And I know what you've been through and that you have every right to hate Uther. But consider what you're doing, what this will do to Arthur. He'll fight until he dies, if he has to." Something. I'd appeal to her good heart, her sense of right and wrong.

I'd do anything to save a friend, I wouldn't just go *sob* "I have to kill her" *sob*.
I agree everyone has a sense of right and wrong he could have atleast tried to reason with her he didnt have to inmideatly kill her it wasnt the only option he could have talked to her or even grabed a pan or something and knock her out hey its better than killing her I would do anything to save my friend he didnt have to kill her shes my fav. character and when he did that I was sad and mad that merlin did that so disapointed in him
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Our poor thread is moving so slowly

But I agree with what you guys are saying! Merlin could have talked to her and tried to reason with her. At least attempt to save/help her! But no he automatically goes to poison her
| tumblr
Old 12-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

I know, these threads used to fly by. But very few of us are even online at the same time which is part of the problem.

So looking back everyone, which scenes from season three are your favorites?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't been here in a while

I'm still very behind so are there any scenes I should watch in S3?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

3x01 & 3x02 Tears of Uther Pendragon - There's Arthur's lovely "Moorgaana" when he and Merlin finally find her. There's an ArMor discussion that ends with Arthur initiating a hug (Morgana gets as close as possible). Later, Arthur tells Morgana he's glad she's there and wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her toward him.

3x03 and 3x04, Morgana's barely in. She does have one good-sized scene in 3x03 though.

3x05 The Crystal Cave - MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THIS ONE. Morgana has tons of good scenes, including throwing Merlin against a wall and setting the room on fire, and a beautiful scene of her in the courtyard with her horse. Arthur spends a fair deal of time worrying over what to get Morgana for her birthday and then is gleeful when she likes it. She gives him a coy, pleased little "Arthur" with a cute smile. Then there's a scene of Arthur saying he'd give up the throne for Morgana to live, and a great scene of Arthur in the rain beating a training dummy (so upset over Morgana).

3x06 The Changeling - There's one scene with Morgana and Arthur dining with Uther, when Morgana realizes Gwen and Arthur are involved.

3x07 The Castle of Fyrien - Is the roadtrip episode. TONS of ArMor scenes; including them smiling and laughing on their horses, Arthur clarifying Morgana will protect him, them sitting around a campfire with Arthur and Morgana doing most of the planning, Arthur worried over Morgana being taken hostage, and then him throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her out of a castle, through the woods, and all the way back to camp (which is pretty priceless). Then another grinning-on-their-horses scene.

3x08 The Eye of the Phoenix - Arthur describing Morgana as being very dear to him, but not much else with these two. Well, that doesn't involve attempted homicide.

3x09 Nothing in this ep.

3x10 Queen of Hearts - tons of scenes of Morgana eye!sexing Arthur to death, looking interestingly upset at the idea of him leaving, and him being far happier to see her than he ever is with Gwen.

3x11 The Sorcerer's Shadow - a few good scenes of Morgana manipulating Uther while eye!sexing Arthur.

3x12 The Coming of Arthur - Just the end, really, when Morgana reveals -- with Arthur eavesdropping nearby -- that she is Uther's daughter.

3x13 The Coming of Arthur - No ArMor scenes. Just one brief scene of Artur moping over Morgana's betrayal.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Ooh okay thanks