Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

They were hinting at them and everything! And then just like that, they take them away.

Betty, do you mean 2.04, where her dress was torn from her and she was in her white "underclothes?" *tries not to think about Arthur's first words ouf of his mouth upon finding Morgana *

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

Its a great version I love them both actually

That's episode 2x04

I know Gladys, its so unfair how they took them so far and then suddenly took them away We want them back

Amazing vid

StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr
Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

That makes me miss them so much more!

The intensity, the angst, the chemistry!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 04-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

no arthur in where camelot will be based on?! do we get to see lancelot/guinevere at least? and lancelot/guinevere pwning arthur/guinevere?!

this sucks. i don't want them going for morgana as the bad guy (or woman whatever). this was why i was hoping for a tudor-like version in the firest place! so i can finally see arthur/morgana happen dammit!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBalways (View Post)
TFTNT!

I see Nia!
why hello there sara!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda16 (View Post)
I'm tired too Omg you've never seen Pride and Prejudice? You must watch it! Its the cutest story and Lizzie and Darcy are so amazing
Hey, people. Thanks for the welcomes :* Do add me in the list. Whoa, I cried watching Pride and Prejudice. It's the only movie who can make me cry except for Titanic. Plus, there's Keira Knightley there! I love her <3
Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

I know, it makes me miss them too with all their angst and chemistry I want them back They have so much potential
StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr
Old 04-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

anyone here?
And feel the sky on your hands
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPepper (View Post)
no arthur in where camelot will be based on?! do we get to see lancelot/guinevere at least? and lancelot/guinevere pwning arthur/guinevere?!

this sucks. i don't want them going for morgana as the bad guy (or woman whatever). this was why i was hoping for a tudor-like version in the firest place! so i can finally see arthur/morgana happen dammit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
If they follow the Guinevere/Lancelot plotline, I think I can handle it so long as they have Morgana take Arthur to Avalon. Because then they'd have FOREVER. And what's a few short years compared to eternity? So we'd still win, though offscreen.
Yes, if Camelot follows Le Morte d'Arthur we will get to see Lancelot and Guinevere. He's the queen's champion and they are one another's great loves. No ArMor to speak of, but in the story she still comes to heal Arthur after Camlann.

Morgan le Fay (Morgana) is very complex in many of the versions of the legends. Her greatest enmity seems to have been with Guinevere. I'm not sure if this is in Malory or the Vulgate Cycle; but the start of the rancor was that Guiomar, a cousin of Guinevere's, fell in love with Morgan and she with him. Guiomar fought along side Arthur. Morgan was a lady-in-waiting to the queen. One afternoon Guinevere discovered her cousin and Morgan in a compromising position; she put an end to the affair and reported it to Arthur. Morgan le Fay later discovered Guinevere's own infidelity with Lancelot and often tried to expose their affair. She spends a great deal of effort trying to expose Guinevere as an unfaithful wife and Lancelot as a faithless knight.

Another of Morgan le Fay's adversaries is the Lady of the Lake. I think that there are two of them in Le Morte d'Arthur. The first who presents Excalibur to Arthur is killed by Balin, the second is called Nimue. Using the tradition of earlier French and English sources, the Lady of the Lake is the defender of chivalry and its values, while Morgan le Fay is, not only a critic of that system, but an enemy as well.

By this point, the late 15th century, the Arthurian legends have become misogynistic, none of the women fare to well in their presentation. Morgan le Fay may fare worse than some others. Still, she does keep a good deal of her independence -- and she does come to take Arthur to Avalon.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

So, it seems we have these basic points of the legend throughout history:

*Arthur is king.
*Guinevere is a cheater.
*Morgana takes Arthur to Avalon.

I'm content with that. I want an icon that says, "AVALON, B*TCHES!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazlin255
It's the only movie who can make me cry except for Titanic.
Oh gosh, I have such a soft spot in my heart for Titanic! I know it gets made fun of, but when that movie came out, I was a teenager, and my three best friends and I sat in the theater and sobbed. The love story is the best part. I still get goosebumps whenever I hear the theme music. Also, Shakespeare in Love is a favorite of mine, and makes me cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
I like Angel Coulby, I really do, but she has zero chemistry with the men on this show
I agree, and I don't know what it is - but all of her so-called romantic scenes fall flat for me. Even with Merlin in early S1. I don't even see it with Santiago, and I'd really like to. Bradley and Angel have some funny scenes in the video diaries, but it's more like.... dare I say? .... brother/sister. There is no passion between Gwen and anyone. A friend of mine on LJ ranted about Arthur/Gwen recently, and someone replied, "OMG HOW CAN YOU NOT SHIP BRADLEY/ANGEL?!?!". Um.... quite easily. Bottom line, you can't have a believable pairing, no matter how good the writing (in this case the writing is also poor, but I'm just saying), if the chemistry isn't there. It has to pop, explode off the screen! Like Arthur/Morgana.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Heeeelllooooo

I like Bradley/Angel but only a friendly way. I don't see any sparks or anything. They have zero chemistry and their story is bad written. That's why I don't like A/G and I probably never will!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

^ She's so worried about him.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nil

She really is <3
together.” || adam conantcassie blake