Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Carrie/Big
Well, I actually still kinda like these two, just not nowhere as intensely as I used to. The first few times I watched the show (and yeah, I know it's sad I've seen it so many times, lol. TV stations showing re-runs are to blame.) I shipped them hardcore. But the last time I saw it, I realised there are a lot of things about them that I'm a bit bothered by.
I completely agree. I used to be their handcore shipper and so badly wanted them to get together and was squeeing when they did... but recently I rewatched the series and realized how wrong and unrealistic a lot of things about them where.

Carrie started new relationships with Alex who genuinely loved her. And she fell in love with him too, it was pretty much obvious. She was *happier* when she was with Alex. This man asked her to move to Paris with him, he was ready to start a new life with her and wanted to live his life with Carrie by his side. Yet it was always such a problem for Big to just say that she is the one... And Carrie accepted Alex's offer and even refused her carrier for him, because obviously she wanted to be with him too. They where happy together.

But the ending honestly made me mad. Alex asked her to be with him on the most important even of his life. Alex always wanted Carrie to be with him, while for Big it was so super-easy to just say: "Oh, hey, I'm going away and will be missing for 6 months or so, it's ok right?" And we are supposed to believe that Alex is so bad just because he let go of Carrie's hand?! We are supposed to believe that this man actually is capable of hitting a woman, though it was obvious that he didn't mean to do this? We are supposed to believe that Alex can suddenly turn self-absosbed and unpleasent, even though we already saw him being a strong personality and a loving man/father? And we are supposed to believe that Big suddenly understands how much Carrie means to him, flies to Paris and *finally* says that she is the one?..

Again, I loved the idea of Carrie/Big, I still do, but the way they where written in the final was just so terribly wrong and unrealistic and forced.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely agree with Carrie/Big. I never really shipped them, mostly because I just caught the show here and there, but I did like them. But I rewatched the series and ew, now I really dislike them.

From Glee:

Will/Emma
Artie/Tina
Finn/Rachel

LOVED them all at the very beginning of season 1. But now I've grown to really dislike all those couples. And I really cannot stand Will or Artie anymore.

I think there was a time that I did like Ryan/Marissa from The OC. But I really dislike them now.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Alex/Izzie
Ross/Rachel
Puck/Quinn
Will/Emma
Derek/Meredth
Dan/Serena
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Chuck/Blair

was holy ground
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ryan/Marissa - They were good in season one.. well the first half of season one. but after Oliver arrived.. it was downhill and now I can't stand them.

Addison/Anyone - Addison became one of my favorite characters on Grey's. I loved her with Mark, I loved her with Alex, I loved her with Pete when she went on Private Practice.. but now.. She's been with so many people and I've shipped her with all of them (besides Derek) but I can't take it anymore
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Addison/Anyone - Addison became one of my favorite characters on Grey's. I loved her with Mark, I loved her with Alex, I loved her with Pete when she went on Private Practice.. but now.. She's been with so many people and I've shipped her with all of them (besides Derek) but I can't take it anymore
Me too! Addison was one of my favorite, favorite characters on Grey's but now I can't stand her with anyone.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug70981 (View Post)
Rufus/Lily- I was never a hardcore shipper or anything, but I found them interesting in season 1. I can't remember when exactly I started hating them, but I'm pretty sure it was around the time they started pitting them against Dan/Serena. And somewhere along the way I started hating lily.
I was actually a hardcore shipper sadly (they were my only GG ship for a long time ), but somewhere along the line, I found them both repulsive and I can't even pinpoint why. I do find Lily to be a selfish person most of the time so that's probably part of it.

Another ship I used to love a lot is Danny/Lindsay from CSI:NY. I was so obsessed with them before they got together, the buildup was amazing and they were great together. And part of me will always love them but I can't quite get over the fact that he slept with another woman when they were still together during a bad patch in their relationship and though they patched things up after that, she never knew about the cheating and that's something I can't stomach. It's such a shame because I really, really loved them together.

And I typically don't jump ships either but there are a couple of ships I liked or found sweet that just completely turns me off now. Rachel/Finn comes to mind, I just feel that Rachel is always trying her best to please him and that's just wrong. I used to find them endearing but now, not so much.

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Chuck/Blair - once TPTB got their grubby hands on them they ruined the amazing potential CB had in S1 from S2+
Old 02-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Chuck/Blair - once TPTB got their grubby hands on them they ruined the amazing potential CB had in S1 from S2+
Even though I haven't really abandoned that ship, so true.
Lots of couples I ship got treated horribly, but not a single one in the Blair/Chuck fashion. What can be more repulsive than selling your beloved for a material possession? Just yuck.

Quote:
Carrie started new relationships with Alex who genuinely loved her. And she fell in love with him too, it was pretty much obvious. She was *happier* when she was with Alex. This man asked her to move to Paris with him, he was ready to start a new life with her and wanted to live his life with Carrie by his side. Yet it was always such a problem for Big to just say that she is the one... And Carrie accepted Alex's offer and even refused her carrier for him, because obviously she wanted to be with him too. They where happy together.

But the ending honestly made me mad. Alex asked her to be with him on the most important even of his life. Alex always wanted Carrie to be with him, while for Big it was so super-easy to just say: "Oh, hey, I'm going away and will be missing for 6 months or so, it's ok right?" And we are supposed to believe that Alex is so bad just because he let go of Carrie's hand?! We are supposed to believe that this man actually is capable of hitting a woman, though it was obvious that he didn't mean to do this? We are supposed to believe that Alex can suddenly turn self-absosbed and unpleasent, even though we already saw him being a strong personality and a loving man/father? And we are supposed to believe that Big suddenly understands how much Carrie means to him, flies to Paris and *finally* says that she is the one?..

Again, I loved the idea of Carrie/Big, I still do, but the way they where written in the final was just so terribly wrong and unrealistic and forced.
All of this so much. They brought them back together in a rushed and forced way and that they ruined one amazing character in the process didn't help.
And then in the first movie that unnecessary wedding drama . I mean, it was somewhat amusing to watch, but this couple already had so much drama. Try something else with them.
Many TV show writers seem to be under the impression that one part of the couple (and maybe I'm a female sexist, but it seems to me it's usually the guy in the couple) can torment the other to infinity and then one big romantic gesture takes it all away. He doesn't even have to apologize much, at one point he just gets she's the one after all and she should jump in joy.

That's what I assume the writers will also do with Blair/Chuck (and if they do, it will be annoying as hell) and that's what irked me my about s5 finale for Peyton/Lucas, even if I'm overall satisfied with their story (well, for OTH standards, lol).
Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Even though I haven't really abandoned that ship, so true.
Lots of couples I ship got treated horribly, but not a single one in the Blair/Chuck fashion. What can be more repulsive than selling your beloved for a material possession? Just yuck.

All of this so much. They brought them back together in a rushed and forced way and that they ruined one amazing character in the process didn't help.
And then in the first movie that unnecessary wedding drama . I mean, it was somewhat amusing to watch, but this couple already had so much drama. Try something else with them.
Many TV show writers seem to be under the impression that one part of the couple (and maybe I'm a female sexist, but it seems to me it's usually the guy in the couple) can torment the other to infinity and then one big romantic gesture takes it all away. He doesn't even have to apologize much, at one point he just gets she's the one after all and she should jump in joy.

That's what I assume the writers will also do with Blair/Chuck (and if they do, it will be annoying as hell) and that's what irked me my about s5 finale for Peyton/Lucas, even if I'm overall satisfied with their story (well, for OTH standards, lol).
What annoys the hell out of me is when the opposite couple/character is being destroyed due to make the other couple work. It is the worst thing the writers can ever do. Instead of writing the "main" couple better they simply destroy the opposite couple, saying how the other one was meant to be. That's whatt happened to Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle, that's what happened to Wesley/Fred/Gunn triangle.

Also, yes, I agree about those male characters that suddenly pull a "I've finally realized how much you mean to me!" nonsense and we are supposed to buy it. It's a lazy writing on it's best.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Meredith/Derek
Marissa/Ryan
Edward/Bella
Lucas/Peyton (I think )
Chuck/Blair
icon credit: AlwaysCB | Tumblr| Sandy
Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Brooke/Lucas: When i realized Brooke deserved better.

Chuck/Blair: I loveddddddddd them so much up until the premiere of s3, they lost something, some chemistry but i still rooted for them until i realized Chuck/Jenny had way more chemistry. Not to mention how they dragged CB in the mud all of s3/s4. I can't stand them now! I want DB and CJ (sue me).

Monica/Chandler: "Friends" is like my favorite show ever and when they put those two together i was fangirling...until Chandler completely disappeared behind Monica and she became super annoying and controlling (i mean more than she was). He looked like he was afraid of her sometimes and that's not the Chandler i love.

Willow/Oz: When they had the horrible idea to turn Willow into a lesbian and when Oz left. My interest for Buffy died down in s4 (but not because of the couples, because the writing declined big time).

And for all the reasons above, i don't ship couples anymore..well i try, i actually ship one couple out of all the tv shows i watch.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

At one point, I loved Ryan/Marissa and Meredith/Derek until I realized I hated both guys and the girls would never be out from under a relationship where every problem had to be their fault unless they got away from them. Sometimes I think Marissa's death might actually be preferable to her getting landed with Ryan for all eternity like Meredith has Derek.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's gotta be Micheal and Sara from PB for me, i used to like them in the first two seasons, i was a huge fan of the show, maybe because they weren't really together at that time. But as soon as Sara made a came back to the show in the 4th season, (she was killed off in season 3 ) i started to dislike them as episodes went by, got boring, cheesy, they didn't even had a proper love scene and heck they're basically the ship of that show! And then hopaa out of nowhere we have to believe that Sara got pregnant, went to prison, Michael died when he sacrifed his life for her in order to get her off that prison and then touched her belly while saying that he will always be with her so he would convince her to leave him while he's doing his suicide mission. Ugh, just too cheesy for my taste!!
It will be
worth it...
icon tumblr
Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
At one point, I loved Ryan/Marissa and Meredith/Derek until I realized I hated both guys and the girls would never be out from under a relationship where every problem had to be their fault unless they got away from them. Sometimes I think Marissa's death might actually be preferable to her getting landed with Ryan for all eternity like Meredith has Derek.
Great post.
Even thought I am in the process of warming up to Meredith/Derek myself, my Derek hatred will forever be an obstacle. I hate how he is the perfect, precious one in that show and how the awful, unworthy Meredith is to consider herself lucky that he puts up with her.
Haven't ever really been able to get into the O.C. , but Marissa seems like a Meredith/Peyton type of a messy mess, so I'd probably like her and side with her as well, being annoyed that she is the one considered the dark and harmful influence in the relationship.

ETA
Quote:
What annoys the hell out of me is when the opposite couple/character is being destroyed due to make the other couple work.
Exactly. And it's ridiculous in that how much it's never even needed. People who like the main ship believe in it no matter what, and don't need other couples/characters to be put down to increase their love. People who don't, won't suddenly begin to appreciate it because the other stories are going bad. It's incredibly lazy writing.

Last edited by Slayerette89; 02-27-2011 at 08:08 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread