Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
They do talk a bit about Catherine/Mary's past relationship. Now she may be lying or trying to manipulate Aylee. But it almost seemed like Catherine treated her as another daughter, and in the 1x04 comment, when Mary confronts Catherine. She admitted Catherine was kind to her.

However Catherine did say Mary's mother seemed a bit cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
She also asked how she could control a girl that was a queen in her own right. So while she didn't not want them to marry, she was apprehensive about her power
I haven't seen the new episode yet so idk if there were many scenes of them together but I would definitely love to see more Catherine/Mary scenes, but scenes not just of pure hostility but maybe a little conflict as well? They kind of remind me of Cersei and Sansa from GoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
I was reading up on the actual Valois family and I saw that Catherine didn't have Francis until 11 years after they were married (rumours were that the lack of an heir really dropped her favour in Henry's eyes, and made him more attached to Diane), which probably explains why she made that semi-bitter comment about bearing sons in the pilot (and probably also why Francis' parents look old old despite him being less than 20 and them marrying at 14). The actual history's pretty interesting.

But anyway, with all that Catherine would kill anyone that tried to ruin her son's chance at being king, so I'd love to see that.
This definitely makes him extra protective of Francis. His birth might have seem almost a miracle to her. Which makes what happened to him irl extra sad as well.

Now going through comments from the fourth episode (back when Tomas was still the worst, before Olivia and Mash ever happened)...

Re: Lakeside Kiss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
it's like he was saying "i'll show you passion"
And he showed her passion alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
I love how Bash is already getting up, knowing that Francis was going to punch Tomas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headstrongshiho (View Post)
BROTP. We need a name for them!!
Quote:
look at bash sword fighting with a mortal wound bless his heart

GO FRANCIS
THIS BROMANCE. THIS BROTP.

Franbastian?

Quote:
I love how Francis's hand is shaking. It makes him human..
Frary scenes aside, this was my favourite from that episode. It really showed the depth of his character.

Quote:
"because your future wife is a friend of france" YEAH MORE LIKE SHE'S MY QUEEN

QUEEN OF MY HEART

Bless.

Quote:
I think we need a moment to appreciate just how good a kisser Toby is. Mannn, that's some skills. All that's lacking is some tongue, really. Come on, Francis! You're French! Show us some French!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I do wonder what Mary's reaction would be if she did find out the reason why Catherine hates her. Catherine may have hinted it in 1x04, but I don't remember if we really got Mary's reaction. However, I believe Mary if Nostradamus tells her. She might believe it. Maybe Mary would understand Catherine a bit better.

However, I do wonder if Catherine will be receiving a bit of a redemption arc later on.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I really want to see how Mary will react to the prophecy. I so hope that 1x08 still is her running away from Francis after Nostradamus has told her about it.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I hope so as well.

I'm so tired of reading the theories that Mary caught him and Olivia together. Although, I think once we got the episode description for that, I think we may know more.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

I'm really starting to think Olivia will be dead by then. 1x07 is supposed to be a "bloodbath in the castle".

And it seems to me that's the reason they had Nostradamus predict the Portugese fighting the English, and Mary see that he was right. So she'll believe Francis dying because of their marriage is a real possibility.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that is the only prophecy that Mary knows about that has really happened.

Lola's is debatable, whether or not it is Bash but still I do. It could be a new character as well. Aylee's hasn't happened. Greers did happen, but Mary doesn't know it. I can't remember if Kenna got one.

However, despite Nost. (I'm just going to call him that from now all on) predictions being accurate so far. I wonder if they will touch upon him possibly being wrong. Considering every choice we make, may have a different outcome.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Honestly I do wonder what Mary's reaction would be if she did find out the reason why Catherine hates her. Catherine may have hinted it in 1x04, but I don't remember if we really got Mary's reaction. However, I believe Mary if Nostradamus tells her. She might believe it. Maybe Mary would understand Catherine a bit better.

However, I do wonder if Catherine will be receiving a bit of a redemption arc later on.
Quote:
Yeah, I really want to see how Mary will react to the prophecy. I so hope that 1x08 still is her running away from Francis after Nostradamus has told her about it.
Yeah, I think the solution to Catherine's problem would be to just tell Mary about Nostradamus' prophecy. She clearly loves Francis and I doubt Mary would be the kind of person to condemn a man she loves to protect her country. No wait, that's easier than done. It will be a test to Mary's character if she does find out and she'll have to choose between love and duty.

Quote:
"you killed a man to protect me"
How soon they forget. Mary, don't doubt Francis' love for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPauli (View Post)
that moment when francis takes mary's hand and they stare into the distance together makes me think of them as King and Queen looking over their kingdom
"LOOK AT ALL THIS SH1!T WE OWN!"

Quote:
Quote:
THEY ARE TOTALLY HOOKING UP IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
sounds mostly plausible and then he "turns to Olivia" etc, as the synopsis said.

And its somewhat believable. I mean, for all of Francis' goodness... he was raised as an absolute monarch in a time where most kings had mistresses and absolute power and many believed they were kings/queens because of god's will and in some cases were only answerable to god.

That kind of upbringing I'd imagine... even for someone with great intentions and a good heart might bring with it some kind of moral dilemas
I love this analysis/observation because yes, the moral dilemmas of their time is so much different from our own. We can't judge a person of their time with today's moral standards. Francis was still a man of time.

Quote:
Quote:
well at least there's no question as to what ship the writers are really invested in. creating 84754 obstacles is a sign of only an otp
The Rein Writers' twitter also used this hashtag. They should know where it's at and keep at it.

Quote:
Quote:

they just need to hold each other
Seriously these two. I wonder if all of these are on the script, or it's the result of the direction, or if it's just Toby and Ade own doing.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think that is the only prophecy that Mary knows about that has really happened.

Lola's is debatable, whether or not it is Bash but still I do. It could be a new character as well. Aylee's hasn't happened. Greers did happen, but Mary doesn't know it. I can't remember if Kenna got one.

However, despite Nost. (I'm just going to call him that from now all on) predictions being accurate so far. I wonder if they will touch upon him possibly being wrong. Considering every choice we make, may have a different outcome.

He made up Lola's on the spot, he hadn't been hit with his ~visions~ at that point, so I don't expect much to come from that one.

I think they will bring up the possibility of Nostradamus being wrong... just so they can keep a little uncertainty around Francis' death and torture us all.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
However, despite Nost. (I'm just going to call him that from now all on)
following your lead.

Quote:
It's like she's reaching out for his heart! And he's like, "You have it. It's yours."
Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Mary finding out about how she would bring Francis death. Would make an interesting arc. I honestly hope they do it, at least within reason. I don't want to see Mary "cheating" on Francis, to push him away or anything. Believing that if she does she would be able to save him.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
Yeah, I think the solution to Catherine's problem would be to just tell Mary about Nostradamus' prophecy. She clearly loves Francis and I doubt Mary would be the kind of person to condemn a man she loves to protect her country. No wait, that's easier than done. It will be a test to Mary's character if she does find out and she'll have to choose between love and duty.
Exactly why I want to see it. Seeing her torn like that would be so interesting. Not to mention angst, angst, and angst. She would distance herself from Francis after she found out.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^Mary finding out about how she would bring Francis death. Would make an interesting arc. I honestly hope they do it, at least within reason. I don't want to see Mary "cheating" on Francis, to push him away or anything. Believing that if she does she would be able to save him.
Yes but I can picture it being very Moulin Rouge tho... with how Satine was with Christian when she found out she was dying and she was pushing him away to save him from the heartbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPauli (View Post)
honestly I'm way to emotionally attached to these two right now
I'm going to need all the fanfiction in the world to survive the next episodes
Quote:
how did this happen

I just thought they were cute and now they've taken over my heart
We all fell... hard. Sneaky little bastards.

Quote:
why can't it be Francis & Mary and Bash, the secret Frary shipper?
This is all I ever wanted in life. T_T
Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I don't remember watching Moulin Rouge

Old 11-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)

This is all I ever wanted in life. T_T
it's canon. NO ONE CAN TAKE THIS FROM ME!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Honestly I don't remember watching Moulin Rouge
Oh my, waaaatch it. It's wonderful.

Quote:
Exactly why I want to see it. Seeing her torn like that would be so interesting. Not to mention angst, angst, and angst. She would distance herself from Francis after she found out.
Oh God yes the ANGST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair_Verona (View Post)
i still can't get over the hot make out scene idk how they didn't make a baby during it i feel like i got pregnate during it
Quote:
mary did say they almost did
Wouldn't that solve a lot of our problems. They'd probably have to rush a wedding now. Seriously, all the answer to their problems is just some fine baby-making session.

Quote:
Guys guys, judging from the first 1.07 stills, I think Olivia is probably gone.
francis and Mary seem to be in a good place, and there's a new guest star
And guess what 1.06 is called? CHOSEN.
We all know why 1.03 is named kissed.
*PRAYER CIRCLE*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread