Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 03-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

They did not make the best romantic couple (That goes to Ted/Blake) but it was interesting to witness their whole dynamic as lovers.. which didn't last too long.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think it's true to life though - often friends do sometimes try to become more and see how it goes and often a concern is will this affect our friendship. So it doesn't surprise me that at some time they looked at each other and said hey let's try this.

Maybe that's why he cheated - he still saw Ted just as too much his friend and not really as a 'boyfriend' yet? I don't agree with cheating but I think going from friends to lovers must aways be a change and sometimes difficult.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That's one of the things I did like about this pairing. Even though not too many of us were comfortable with the idea of Ted and Emmett getting together, it is not the most far-fetched thing that could have happened. Friendships do evolve, and they sometimes can lead to a romantic relationship.. it happens all the time in reality.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
That's one of the things I did like about this pairing. Even though not too many of us were comfortable with the idea of Ted and Emmett getting together, it is not the most far-fetched thing that could have happened. Friendships do evolve, and they sometimes can lead to a romantic relationship.. it happens all the time in reality.
Yep
Old 03-26-2018, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
true sometimes it works fine and sometimes it ends in a desaster..

icon by Daggi
Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

What was strange about that whole cheating thing (Dijon), was how Emmett couldn't say no, then he'd get into self-pity mode and say what a horrible person he is and can't control himself. I really don't think Emmett was a person who was meant to be monogamous. That's only my opinion though.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
What was strange about that whole cheating thing (Dijon), was how Emmett couldn't say no, then he'd get into self-pity mode and say what a horrible person he is and can't control himself. I really don't think Emmett was a person who was meant to be monogamous. That's only my opinion though.

He didn't have to go there to say no though - he could've called or not turned up and why he listened to Brian in the first place is beyond me when he knew what Brian was like

Emmett was a bit more of a free spirit and he didn't seem to need love or a partner as much as the others did did he? I hadn't thought about it before but you're right about that Deborah - maybe he was just meant to be single and happy - some people are
Old 03-29-2018, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
He didn't have to go there to say no though - he could've called or not turned up and why he listened to Brian in the first place is beyond me when he knew what Brian was like

Emmett was a bit more of a free spirit and he didn't seem to need love or a partner as much as the others did did he? I hadn't thought about it before but you're right about that Deborah - maybe he was just meant to be single and happy - some people are
Exactly. When is it ever a good idea to go to Brian for relationship advice? Never?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Exactly. When is it ever a good idea to go to Brian for relationship advice? Never?
Never indeed
Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think he listened to Brian because he really, really wanted to do it. He wanted to hear someone say it is okay to cheat (grandfather clause), and Brian told him what he wanted to hear.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I think he listened to Brian because he really, really wanted to do it. He wanted to hear someone say it is okay to cheat (grandfather clause), and Brian told him what he wanted to hear.
Ah very true - it's like when you want to decide something and flip a coin and it doesn't come up on the other side and you know what you really wanted and in this case Emmett wanted Dijon
Old 04-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
and maybe Brian just knew how Em felt, and gave him a way out with that "grandfather-clause" .. if Em would have wanted a different answer, he probably would have asked Michale or Ben

icon by Daggi
Old 04-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
and maybe Brian just knew how Em felt, and gave him a way out with that "grandfather-clause" .. if Em would have wanted a different answer, he probably would have asked Michale or Ben
True - cause Michael or Ben certainly wouldn't have said anything about a 'grandfather clause'. I'd never heard about it before the show
Old 04-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
True - cause Michael or Ben certainly wouldn't have said anything about a 'grandfather clause'. I'd never heard about it before the show
and I'm pretty sure it never existed outside Brians head

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread