Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AuburnGrad
I thought the same. I also thought that after Brian hobbled off the bicycle in the first spinning scene Justin would at least check on him, given his condition.
I thought the same too. I was yelling at Justin saying "Go run after him!" But I did also consider at that time what SassySarah posted. I didn't think Brian would want to bring attention to the fact that he couldn't handle the training, but I still wanted Justin to go hu him.

I just watched the end of the episode again to see the Hunter/Ben/Mike scene. When I was watching the B/J scene, I noticed Brian's little jump off the stairs leading to the rest of the loft from his bedroom. I didn't noticed that last night, but I thought it was adorable. Maybe it's just me? Hmm...Oh yeah, and I guess Justin has his stuff at Daphne's but mostly lives with Brian? He told Brian when he comes in not to make too much noise. Speaking of Daphne, where is she? Last I remember her is in 405 telling Brian to talk to Justin about the Pink Posse.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SassySarah
- I don't know why everyone's complaining about Justin. So he didn't baby Brian and Brian's condition. When has Brian ever needed or wanted that?
I never said Brian would have wanted the attention (in fact I know he would have hated it), but Justin has always shown concern towards Brian no matter what, especially after this health scare. Justin did not have to "baby" him, just check on him then go back to spinning. To me, it just seemed a little out of character for Justin, that's all. Really not a big deal, but it did seem odd to me, I guess because it is something I would do.

Last edited by AuburnGrad; 07-05-2004 at 03:31 PM
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I never said Brian would have wanted the attention (in fact I know he would have hated it), but Justin has always shown concern towards Brian no matter what, especially after this health scare. Justin did not have to "baby" him, just check on him then go back to spinning. To me, it just seemed a little out of character for Justin, that's all. Really not a big deal, but it did seem odd to me, I guess because it is something I would do.
I think Justin has been extra cautious around Brian ever since the whole cancer thing started. At first, Justin was trying to be affectionate and protective. He told Brian, "I love you and I want to help you" and it got him physically thrown out of Brian's loft. So he came back, and he was not coddling or protective, he pushed Brian to the floor, yelled at him. He talked about their "committment" rather than "love", and Brian let him back in. I think "love" still makes Brian very uncomfortable (and I can't really blame him for feeling that way, after watching his mother stand there and tell him "I love you" with one breath and "you're going to hell" with the next). I really think Justin is bending over backwards to try to act the way he thinks Brian would want him to act.

That said, I also kind of think that all of Justin's comments about how Brian "couldn't" do the Liberty Ride were actually a great big play at reverse psychology.

The doctor never said it would hurt Brian to engage in physical activity, he just told him not to push it because of his recent surgery and his age. (Brian may not be old, but your body does function differently and recover more slowly at 32-33 than it does at 21.) Brian told the doctor he didn't care about being healthy, he wanted to look good -- he wanted to go back to the gym and lift weights like he always does, but I doubt he had any plans to engage in the cardio workouts he really needs to stay healthy. I think the one thing Justin wants more than anything is for Brian to be healthy. And Justin knew enough about the doctor visit to know that the doctor had specifically cited Brian's age as a reason not to expect too much too quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised if he also knew that Brian was much more concerned about looking good than he was about being well.

I don't know, it just seemed to me like Justin ought to know by now that the best way to get Brian to want to do something is to tell him that he can't. And if Justin wants Brian to get himself in shape and healthy (instead of just looking good), then the best way to get him to do that is to keep telling him all the reasons why he shouldn't. I even think Ted and Debbie were in on it -- the smile on Justin's face after Ted & Brian tag-teamed Brian in the diner about how he shouldn't go on the ride just made me think that Justin knew exactly what he was doing.

Then, Debbie brought up Brian's comment about "going out in a blaze of glory" -- well, Brian made that comment to Justin and Jennifer. Deb couldn't have known about it unless Justin told her about it. And then Debbie made a comment about how she always liked to think that she was the one who got Vic to live. That just reminded me of 211, where Debbie got Vic to make the wedding cake by telling him that he couldn't do it, and that he should just give up. Then, right after that, Debbie admitted to Justin that she knew that was the best way to get him to make the cake, and that it was how she got him to live in the first place -- that her telling him he should just give up and die was what made him fight all that much harder to stay alive. And that made me start thinking that Justin (with a little help from Ted and Debbie) was doing the same thing to Brian -- making him want to do the cardio workouts and get himself healthy by telling him that he couldn't do it.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Film Lover
That said, I also kind of think that all of Justin's comments about how Brian "couldn't" do the Liberty Ride were actually a great big play at reverse psychology.
I agree.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Film Lover, thank you for your comments. I suppose looking back on it, I see your point.

Speaking of Brian and excessive physical activity...During the B/J sex scene, I could not help but think about his dr.'s advice. lol
Old 07-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Film Lover, thank you for your comments. I suppose looking back on it, I see your point.

Speaking of Brian and excessive physical activity...During the B/J sex scene, I could not help but think about his dr.'s advice. lol
My thoughts weren't quite that coherent. They were more along the lines of

Then came Brian's comments about "well into the quadruple digits" and that this time "has to rank in the top five" and it was all over again.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

I just kept thinking, "Oh, that can't be good. He may need a trip to the ER." lmao I'm going to rewatch the show tonight, so maybe my thoughts will be on the hotness of the scene, rather than the other.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Banned

i thought that sundays show was back to the best for QAF. i was stunned. I was excited to keep watching. I can't wait for more.....
LivingInTheOCsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Grr argh, I spent a nice evening with my girlfriend last Sunday and forgot to record the episode! Can someone point me in the direction of a TRANSCRIPT? Pretty please with a cherry on top

btw...Hi to all my QAF buddies, i've missed this board! I gotta go catch up in some of the threads...

Mel
Old 07-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DaWsonSReaLJoEy
Can someone point me in the direction of a TRANSCRIPT? Pretty please with a cherry on top
I don't know anywhere you can find any QAF transcripts, but I can point you to a recap of the episode.

http://www.dannysobsession.com/s4recaps/412.html

Danny gives very detailed recaps of all the Brian and/or Justin scenes, complete with dialogue and analysis of what she thinks it means (and IMO her opinions are generally brilliant). She just gives a more basic description of things going on with the other characters. Still, it should be enough to let you know what the episode was all about.

Depending on how fast your internet connection is, there are also places where you can download the episode and watch it on your computer. I wouldn't recommend even attempting this unless you have a DSL or faster connection. Also, I'm not sure about giving out a link on this board, because... well, downloading episodes is kind of not entirely legal.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Drew, Drew, Drew. I hated his character at first, then I tolerated him, now I am back hating him. It seems to me like he is leading Emmett on because, obviously, he is not going to give up his career by admitting his sexuality and I suppose he deserves Sierra. But for some reason, I haven't been reading as much into this storyline as they have been cheated out of all the symbolism and analytical portions of Brian and Justin, Michael and Ben and Hunter, etc.

I think that Emmett needs to quit drawing the short straw. And, for Hunter, I loved his girlfriend and him, I really did - and that has grown to mean that she won't make an appearance again, but I genuinely hope she comes back. I think it adds another dimension to the Michael/Ben/Hunter household and it is pretty weak to do that arc over, what, two episodes?
fleur captives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fleur captives
and I suppose he deserves Sierra.
After treating her the way he did, it seems to me Sierra does not deserve him.
Reply   Post New Thread