Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

7OMB Chris Thank you SO much for those links hun .. they are just as FABULOUS as the man himself

Last edited by Zebbers; 06-28-2016 at 11:17 PM
Old 06-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

You're welcome. Love that he was in the parade and had such a great time being there.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris31 (View Post)
You're welcome. Love that he was in the parade and had such a great time being there.
OMB he said his first Pride was 1994

..he knows what he's doing
Old 06-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so proud of Randy that I feel like his sister
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Three specific mentions in this review:

blog

Harrison hits every manic level of the sardonic charm in a man who can still shock (maybe not as much for a San Francisco crowd) but the final moments make it clear that he's about to be overpowered by the darkest forces in history. The Nazi anthem "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" shouts out with defiance and destruction. Harrison's Emcee baits us, as he flirts with the audience members, pokes at our square ways while making us squirm and asking why we are so in love with his charm.

BT McNicholl's excellent direction is strong, erotic and fully realized, and his use of the very strong Randy Harrison is the key to the remarkable power of this production.

Harrison is on stage most of the time as the Emcee, magnetic passion and charm hypnotized the audience with iconic CABARET songs "Willkommen," "Money", "If You Could See Her,” and “I Don’t Care Much”. Harrison’s voice is energized in the full cast numbers of the “Kit Kat Line” and his seduction of Clifford.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gorgeous review, Mark. Thanks for that.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark, that has to be the most comprehensive article yet .. and I love that Randy/Cabaret clips are included too .. Randy prepping in make~up, just adore that

Thank you so much for posting it hun, loved it all
Old 06-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's an update on New York is Dead that Jenn Harris posted on her Facebook:

HAPPY SUMMER ALL! Just an update as we know everyone is excited for the show. Believe us when we say we are DYING to get it out there! We have had the show with our amazing editor for about 3 months and then turned it over to our equally amazing sound editor a few weeks ago. It has about 2 more weeks with sound editing and mixing and then we begin the process of presenting and submitting it to festivals. We will keep you posted. As always THANK YOU for your support and enthusiasm. LOVE Jenn Matt and Randy
Old 06-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, that is fabulous news hun I thought Randy said in a recent interview that this project was on the back burner while he was touring, so it's exciting that it's now so close to completion.

Really looking forward to seeing it And thank you for posting Jenn's update
Old 06-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Loyal Fan

You're welcome. I was a bit confused though when she said it was going to be submitted to festivals since I thought NY is Dead is a web series. Or do I have it wrong?
Old 06-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

New pic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRFXFWh...n-at=396984732
Old 06-30-2016, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris31 (View Post)
Nice one! And oh…his hair!

(I'm embedding the IG)

Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

two new reviews

Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Cabaret" - 6/25/16

Randy Harrison from "Queer as Folk" is outstanding as the Emcee. He adroitly holds the show together in this essential role. Randy hardly leaves the stage as he projects the nauseous level of the Emcee's oily and sarcastic magnetism to the audience. He has a captivating, confident voice singing the opening "Willkommen," as well as "Money" and "If You Could See Her."

The touring Cabaret is all about Randy Harrison and the great ensemble around him, the erotic choreography by Cynthia Onrubia that is reminiscent of the work of the late Bob Fosse, and the cunning and aggressive direction by BT McNicholl. It's a disturbing, touching musical that will stay with you long after the austere finale.

From the Marinscope Community Newspapers:

Thought-provoking ‘Cabaret’ revival is edgy and sexy | Lifestyles & Entertainment | marinscope.com

Here, Randy Harrison brilliantly assumes Grey’s emcee role with an over-the-top combo of cool and bravado, clutching his genitalia and those of others with aplomb, artfully displaying both his sonorous vocal chops and bare swastika-decorated buttocks, and vulgarly teasing the opening night audience while repeatedly breaking the curtain-less fourth wall.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark I've just read the first article you posted and just WOW that Judi Dench was once Sally Bowles .. something deep in the recesses of my mind tells me that I already knew this, but

Randy's performances are regularly sublime (?) and he is so deserving of all the accolades ... but on a shallow note, I love that the theatre is on Taylor Street
Closed Thread   Post New Thread