Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2021, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Queer As Folk ~ 5.13 ~ We Will Survive!

*NEW* Episode "Live" Watch Discussion! Break out your DVD's, Netflix, Showtime or your favorite way to watch Queer As Folk. We are going to watch and discuss 1 episode per week (unless we decide as a group otherwise).

Queer As Folk ~ 5.13 ~ "We Will Survive!" ~ Episode Discussion

Brian and Justin prepare to marry, but realize they are both denying themselves who they are and call the wedding off. Lindsay and Melanie move to Canada with Michael's blessing. Michael's asked to represent the Committee for Human Rights. Ted sees his relationship with Tad for what it really is. The beat of Babylon continues...

Director: Kelly Makin
Writers: Ron Cowen & Daniel Lipman
Created by: Russell T. Davies
Original air date:August 7, 2005 (United States)
August 15, 2005 (Canada)

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thank you Daggi for updating. Much appreciation!

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why are they doing this storyline for Ted on the finale??? But I guess they are showing how much he's grown. I was very glad to see Blake again though.

Adopting Hunter was so sweet.

Seeing Justin and Brian in their suitsssss. Such a bittersweet episode for them.

Justin was right in saying that Brian was changing for him and doing all these things that weren't him. And Brian was right in saying that Justin wasn't going to New York just becasue of him. They are both right. And I am glad that they both recognized that and were mature enough to talk about it and realize that getting married was not the right decision. As painful as it is, it makes sense. I never saw J/B as the type to get married. I just wish instead of it ending the way it had that Brian would have gone with Justin to New York and they could have just been monogamous or in a long term relationship or something... but I guess they left it for the audience to decide what happened. in my head, Brian ended up moving there.

"Whether we see each other next week, next month, or never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time."

Amazing quote.

Also Brian not returning the rings kinda gives me hope. AND THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THAT LAST KISS/LOVE SCENE... most shows go out without giving their main couples that. J/B just have such deep and meaningful scenes and moments that I am so thankful. That ending shot of Justin disappearing hurt so bad...

I am glad the show ended with Michael and Brian kinda how it started and them at babylon dancing, to end on a very positive note.

At some point, maybe in another few years Ill do a proper rewatch but for now, this skim was very enjoyable. Great series.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-10-2023 at 12:04 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

As always, such amazing takes, Alexa!

You can just tell by this episode that the show was drawing to a close

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread