Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage (View Post)
It is with a heavy heart that I admit I only have time to post with the frequency of a blue moon, so please forgive me in lengthy delays on my replies! I hope it's alright that I touch on 110 briefly even though we are now onto 111.

hoooooow did I forget about 107? This is inexcusable! I must go back and, um, well, we'll call it "study."

Wow, I really agree! I think that he let his friends think he was going to bring Justin back because Justin had stolen his credit card, but I think sex (love, really :3) scene makes it really transparent to the two of them that it wasn't the credit card he had been concerned about.

Lots of really good points .... "ravenous" may be the perfect word ....

I also like this idea of "They both couldn't stay away from one another." I like to think that as time went on, Brian just started gravitating toward him. Like, just making up excuses for why to be around him. After 110, I bet he was at the diner allllll the time due to changes in staffing.

Agreed.
Blue moons are good so you post whenever you like honeybun ... I love the comments you make!

No apologies needed .. the only thing we have to remember .. and few of us seldom do .. is not to comment on anything in a season thread that happens in a later season ...!!

You've probably seen this before whilst but the hard and fast ( ) rule is that you can't go up ... BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GO DOWN!!!

Last edited by Zebbers; 03-22-2014 at 06:57 AM
Old 03-22-2014, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It is with a heavy heart that I admit I only have time to post with the frequency of a blue moon, so please forgive me in lengthy delays on my replies! I hope it's alright that I touch on 110 briefly even though we are now onto 111.
No worries about only posting on blue moons, it's just good to see you again. I saw you posted, last night but it was almost 12:30 and I was brain dead.

I so wanted to post the link to a GIF I have of that particular scene. It's pretty Ah-mazing!

Debs is right, you can always GO DOWN!!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Any episode that starts and ends with the legend that is Bowie HAS to be deserving of a comment as is the fact that the same track is soooo apt for both ends ... so to speak

Love, love. love the beginning with all the teasing about turning 30!! The leather daddy ... or should that be grand-daddy that Brian says has just turned 30 and Teddy's "I'm 33, what does that make me?" Brian: "Did you guys just hear something ... like a voice from the dead"

The conversation in the diner is all about Mikey's sex life with the doc ... and it's VERY clear that Mikey has never held back in telling the boys everything he and the doc get up to in (or out) of bed ...!! Bit TOO much info for me but hey

Brian's "Hey, bus boy" is ... and Justin's acknowledgement is !! OK, so not the thumb, but you get my drift ... and my god does he look so gorgeous then ... and the fingers in the water glasses is LOL funny ... especially when he flicks his wet fingers at Brian ...

Little jarring note when Deb asks where the doc is ... like he'd really be hanging out with the boys like that??!?! I know he was a frequent visitor but only with Mikey ... (and once when Brian joined them but that's later ) Brian's right when he says that it ran its course ..the doc wanted commitment, Mikey wanted Brian ... end of!!

Talking of which ... Mikey's rampant jealousy is sooo apparent when he suggests that Justin should be in prison for using Brian's credit card .. get over it Mikey ... Brian loves you, but Justin is here to stay!!! ....
Old 03-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Debs...love your review. It's awesome!

Yes! Anytime an episode begins with a David Bowie tune playing in the background, we're in for a real treat. And it got played once again at the episode's close. We opened with Boys Keep Swinging, and we closed with it. Effing yes!
Quote:
Love, love. love the beginning with all the teasing about turning 30!! The leather daddy ... or should that be grand-daddy that Brian says has just turned 30 and Teddy's "I'm 33, what does that make me?" Brian: "Did you guys just hear something ... like a voice from the dead"
Okay, that was funny. And I'm usually not keen on ageist jokes. But like I said, that was hilarious.
Quote:
Little jarring note when Deb asks where the doc is ... like he'd really be hanging out with the boys like that??!?! I know he was a frequent visitor but only with Mikey ... (and once when Brian joined them but that's later ) Brian's right when he says that it ran its course ..the doc wanted commitment, Mikey wanted Brian ... end of!!
I noticed that, too. When Debbie asked about David's whereabouts, everyone went silent. Like...very awkward. As if everybody was uncomfortable with the question. Then Brian broke the silence with, "It's ran its course...I'd leave it alone". Hmm, that was Odd. No doubt I think that little remark on Brian's part was the reason Debbie came storming in his loft a few scenes later yelling, "You ruined my kid's life...I mean it!"

Quote:
Brian's "Hey, bus boy" is ... and Justin's acknowledgement is !! OK, so not the thumb, but you get my drift ... and my god does he look so gorgeous then ... and the fingers in the water glasses is LOL funny ... especially when he flicks his wet fingers at Brian ...
Brian: Hey, bust boy! *Justin totally flips him the bird* F ing EPIC! At least now we know what Justin's doing to pay off the credit card debts he made in the previous episode.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Debbie came storming in his loft a few scenes later yelling, "You ruined my kid's life...I mean it!"
That little diatribe, was one of MANY given to Brian by Debbie. I think the ones from Debbie hurt the most because she was supposed to be the loving "mother figure" that Brian didn't have growing up. It was completely abusive, ESPECIALLY knowing how he was treated growing up. I couldn't even get any humor out of her statements.

His other "friends" did as well. What better way to make someone feel like a piece of s than frequently telling them "it's all your fault", "you only think about yourself" "you ruined my life". If it was me, I would have been gone a long time ago.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yeah, I never liked how Brian always seemed to be at fault on account of other people's ish. They're all responsible for their own lives and the choices they'd make. Sure, Brian had a manipulative streak when it came to Michael, but Michael was also a grown man (Although, not mentally)....whom I'm sure could handle himself just fine. What went on between Michael and the doc is not ALL of BK's doing.

I think his friends or family were always using him as this sort of scapegoat for their problems, which I find troubling.

Like Brian said, "They cause their own pain". *Shrugs*

Old 03-24-2014, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Deb was completely out of order with Brian on occasion , but also exactly what he needed sometimes !

.... but on a lighter note , Emmett dancing with the skeleton in the doc's office is sublime!!! I just love that scene ... Em looks so adorable!!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Deb was completely out of order with Brian on occasion , but also exactly what he needed sometimes !

.... but on a lighter note , Emmett dancing with the skeleton in the doc's office is sublime!!! I just love that scene ... Em looks so adorable!!
You know what Debs...while watching this episode....this go round I found Em to be cute as a button. He's got a handsome/cute face and you already know how I feel about his adorable gap in his mouth.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
You know what Debs...while watching this episode....this go round I found Em to be cute as a button. He's got a handsome/cute face and you already know how I feel about his adorable gap in his mouth.
Oh, I've always found Em totally adorable and sexy .. so campy at times but soooo masculine, so honest with everyone and so comfortable with and in himself .. self-assured but self-effacing and from the very first moment in that pink and tangerine ensemble I was hooked!! Love you Em!!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
He has the cutest gap.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)

He's so cute!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
He's so cute!
So adorable ... as was the doc ... but those sticks make me gag!!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that our lovely Em, has no gag-reflex.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think that our lovely Em, has no gag-reflex.

Given that he's a Grand Master in the art of fo, I would have to agree with you!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I adore Emmet.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread