Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Do

Pics? Which ones?
"Let's live in the solution, not the Problem"
Old 11-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do- I'm not sure what she's going to be playing all I know is that she'll be in an episode
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Binia I've got you those 411 caps but they're really not good... Hopefully they'll be sufficient for what you have in mind though.
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

And no pics. Just some screencaps from the reunion
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Do!!! I think they'll do That's really great of you!

Oh, screencaps cool.
"Let's live in the solution, not the Problem"
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

while I was watching nip/tuck last night they showed a preview of the next episode and it's the episode Sharon Gless will guest star in she plays an agent I think.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Elite Fan

So she'll be on next week? Cool. I might gonna watch it then I haven't seen any of this season and I've stopped mid previous one so no idea on what exactly's been going on...

ETA: BTW I've seen Lars and the Real Girl today (very cool movie BTW) and it had the girl who played Tracy (totally don't remember her name) and Alec McClure.

Last edited by ~DresdenDoll~; 01-17-2008 at 12:12 PM
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bringing this over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewboyd4ever (View Post)
Hello everyone! I'm new to this thread. As you can tell by my username, I love Drew Boyd. LOVE him. After watching all of the episodes with him, I feel like the show made a very big mistake bringing him back for the fifth season. Let me explain why.

I liked how Drew had a relationship with Emmett, but I feel that he should have honored the commitment he made with Sierra. He said so himself that he loved her, and that he wanted to be with her. And she loved him! I didn't think it was right for Drew to dump everything to be exclusively with Emmett. I understand Drew shouldn't hide how he truly is, but what if he's bisexual? I don't think Emmett should've forced him to make such a life-altering choice like that. If Drew loved both Emmett and Sierra, he should have been with both, and if he had to pick, I would say Sierra.

Going back to the storyline, I much rather would've preferred to see the Drew storyline end at 4x12. Emmett personally had moved on, and I liked the dedication he had to stick with his beliefs. But Drew had too much at stake to juggle everything at once. I liked the visual of seeing Emmett leave Drew behind at the motel; it left a very big question, that, in my honest opinion, would've been better if it had been left unsolved. It could've suggested a happier ending for both of them; Emmett had moved on, and Drew made the decision to be with Sierra.

So what do I have against his appearances in season 5? This: when Drew finally comes out, the episodes portray him as having a very difficult time adjusting to his new lifestyle. He is hounded by the paparazzi, endlessly ridiculed, and can never have the same life again. Wasn't his love for Emmett enough? Did he really have to make it known to the world? And for what? He loses the committed relationship he had with Emmett because he is consistently being hit on by other men at clubs and bars. This wouldn't have happened had he just kept his feelings a secret. And what does Emmett do? He dumps him, shockingly enough, to encourage him to enter into flings to "get a taste of the gay life." I disagree with Emmett when he says that Drew wasn't ready for a committed relationship. He certainly was when only Emmett knew the truth, but as soon as everyone else did, he became tempted. And I don't understand why Emmett would just allow him to become a party boy like that. Not that I have anything against anyone who lives that lifestyle (I try not to judge people) but this seems much less honorable for a gay man than a committed relationship. If Drew could have one with Sierra (I'm sure women have hit on him while he was with her) why couldn't he have had one Emmett?

I'm mostly writing this because of how sad Drew's reappearance on the show made me. I honestly feel like the writers ruined his character by writing this new storyline for him. It was way too saddening, and in my opinion, completely unnecessary. Does anyone agree? Please don't bother trying to rebuttal me; I'm only interested in hearing concurring opinions. Thanks!
I mostly disagree with you, unfortunately You said you're not interested in any rebuttal, only in concurring opinions, so I guess I won't say anything. Maybe someone else will agree with you

ETA: oh well, for the sake of discussion, I will say what I think after all but you can ignore it, of course

I don't think Drew could go on with the kind of life he was leading, because his girlfriend clearly didn't know anything about the fact Drew liked men too and used to have sex with them. I doubt she would have ever agreed to it. You say Drew had a committed relationship with her so you don't understand why Emmett thought he couldn't have one with him in S5, but the truth seems to me that Drew's relationship with Sierra was based on lies. He wasn't truly committed to her or he wouldn't have slept around with guys.
I also don't agree that Drew should have kept things with Emmett secret. It's true that after he came out in public things got more complicated, but I think it was good for him to finally admit who he was and to stop hiding.

About Drew being with both Sierra and Emmett, if he loved both and was bisexual, that could only work if Emmett and Sierra agreed, but neither wanted anything like that. Emmett wanted a committed relationship, he wanted to have a boyfriend without having to share him with anyone else. He wouldn't have ever accepted to share Drew with Sierra for the rest of his life.

The last thing I want to say is that I don't think Emmett forced Drew to make any choice. He made clear what kind of relationship and partner he wanted, but ultimately it was Drew's choice to keep seeing him and get in a relationship with him.

Last edited by Manu9; 04-12-2012 at 04:57 AM
Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Let's use this thread to discuss the non-regular characters who've appeared on the show over the seasons.

Leda: I actually liked her a lot and found her bracing. Leda definitely had that witty and devious sense of humor, kind of like a female BK (Crazy, I know). She especially made for an interesting plot device for Melanie and Lindsay. Leda was Melanie's previous girlfriend who came down and invaded M/L's relationship. And whenever that happens, things tend to get very juicy. Either that or messy. Well, her little visit to the Marcus-Peterson household evokes some feelings of jealousy in Lindsay, right fully so. Which kind of surprised me because she's often void of emotion.

Danny Devore: Found him to be an interesting character. Not talking so much about being a character of the show, but his overall persona. He had an interesting personality as a man, and as a drag queen. Who possibly could have possibly known he made a kid with Debbie? Well he did, and Michael was his definitely his son. "I'm half Italian and half drag queen. I'm allowed to get worked up".

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)

Let's use this thread to discuss the non-regular characters who've appeared on the show over the seasons.

Leda: I actually liked her a lot and found her bracing. Leda definitely had that witty and devious sense of humor, kind of like a female BK (Crazy, I know). She especially made for an interesting plot device for Melanie and Lindsay. Leda was Melanie's previous girlfriend who came down and invaded M/L's relationship. And whenever that happens, things tend to get very juicy. Either that or messy. Well, her little visit to the Marcus-Peterson household evokes some feelings of jealousy in Lindsay, right fully so. Which kind of surprised me because she's often void of emotion.

Danny Devore: Found him to be an interesting character. Not talking so much about being a character of the show, but his overall persona. He had an interesting personality as a man, and as a drag queen. Who possibly could have possibly known he made a kid with Debbie? Well he did, and Michael was his definitely his son. "I'm half Italian and half drag queen. I'm allowed to get worked up".

Love, love, love Leda .. and if I was a lesbian, she'd soo do it for me! And if Cynthia had been a lesbian they would have made one hot, hot, hot couple!!!

I've talked about my Brian/Leda fantasy before so I won't bore you again!!!

But she is a female Brian .. doesn't take any s**t and calls it like it is!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yep, Leda was so hot. If I were a lesbian...it would be on. And ditto for the Cynthia.

Imagine how hot it would be if Leda and Brian had something going. They were both gay, but that didn't stop her from hitting on him, now did it?

Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yep, Leda was so hot. If I were a lesbian...it would be on. And ditto for the Cynthia.

Imagine how hot it would be if Leda and Brian had something going. They were both gay, but that didn't stop her from hitting on him, now did it?

OMG hun, don't get me started, the idea of Leda fg Brian with a s**p on is just ... ! God I am soooo weird!!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I have fantasies about that all the time. HOT! Sorry and no offense, Justin.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

[QUOTE=Zebbers;74287058][/COLOR]
OMG hun, don't get me started, the idea of Leda fg Brian with a s**p on is just ... ! God I am soooo weird!![/QUOTE]

"It's true" but my lunch is over & I must get back to work now. I will elaborate more later.

You know I'm just messing with you Debs. You KNOW I love me some Debs girl! BIG (but it's still funny...HAHA)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have fantasies about that all the time. HOT! Sorry and no offense, Justin.

Oh god, I thought it was just me ... good to know I'm not on my own in this one!!! And yes ... sorry Justin!

Last edited by Zebbers; 02-07-2014 at 02:54 AM
Old 02-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

When she put the d***o offer on the table, he was even considering it. 'Is that an offer?" LMAO!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread