Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
You are correct. The purpose of the article was to point out that Singer's sexual adventures and trolling for young men were so notorious and well known in Hollywood that the writers of QAF based a character on him and portrayed the type of pool party he used to hold to pick up young men.

Singer is a big time director. This sex scandal could very well bring him down and that is big news in the entertainment world.

Frankly I don't understand why people are upset at the person who wrote the article. Again..remember that someone connected with QAF slipped the information to the writer that that particular scene was meant to be about Singer.

Singer's lawyers have been denying that he has had any untoward relationships with young men who were trying to break into acting. But apparently it has been a dirty little secret in Hollywood that this has been going on. That makes mention of QAF relevent because it reveals that it was so well known that a popular premium channnel TV show based a character on Singer and inluded a scene that portrayed the type of parties he hosted.

Queer As Folk knew what's up.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

NY1 News Theatre critic and commentator Frank DiLella mentions Randy in reporton The Skivvies

http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/life...down-pop-songs

LIFESTYLES
On Stage

The Skivvies Strip While Stripping Down Pop Songs

By: Frank DiLella
- See more at: The Skivvies Strip While Stripping Down Pop Songs - NY1

It's pop music stripped down and with a twist. NY1’s Frank DiLella has more on the musical group known as The Skivvies.

The heat is on at 54 Below whenever The Skivvies take center stage.

The Skivvies – founded by musical theater actors Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley – perform "stripped" down versions of pop songs and with that, yes, the two strip down themselves.

The group found their calling two years ago, when they were trying to decide what to wear for a music video they were posting on Youtube."We were hanging out one afternoon,” said Molina."While she was deciding what to wear. She was in her bra and changing her clothes and said, ‘Well, I don't know what to wear,’ and I said, ‘You should wear that, we are doing a ‘stripped’ down series,’” said Cearley.

In their show, The Skivvies re-interpret songs made famous by pop stars like Britney Spears, The Pussycat Dolls, The Spice Girls and more."Nick and I are both accomplished musicians, we both started playing piano when we were very young and I started playing the cello when I was 8, and then picked up the guitar and ukulele, so the quirkier the sound the more I think we gravitate towards it,” said Molina.

And it's not just always Lauren and Nick in the spotlight on stage. Often times they perform with various guests. That being said, let's just say, I got roped in.

"I think you should join us,” Molina and Cearley said."I'm gonna do it,” DiLella said.

To calm my nerves, I called on some of the other guests that night for advice. Folks like Tony winners Laura Benanti and Daisy Egan and actor Randy Harrison.

"Just have fun, listen to the music, look at the audience,” said Harrison.

"Don't get completely nude, that's illegal, and you will get arrested and it will be reported on NY1,” said Benanti.

“Hello. I'm Frank DiLella reporting live from 54 Below,” said DiLella.

While I made it through, it's clear Molina and Cearly are the pros. To catch them in the flesh check out their upcoming performance schedule at Skivvies - The Skivvies. -

See more at: The Skivvies Strip While Stripping Down Pop Songs - NY1

Last edited by varo_kamry; 05-07-2014 at 08:25 PM
Old 05-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by singulargal (View Post)
I am. I'm flying to Miami on Friday, then back to Houston on Saturday (gotta be back to honor Mom on Sunday!). I'm assuming the cast will attend the premiere. Maybe I'll get a good pic or two of Randy...

~*Dena*~
One of the directors/writers of Such Good People (sorry I have no idea what's his role) said on Twitter that neither Michael nor Randy will attend the premiere in Miami. Sorry.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Bummer that he won't be there.

Mark: Thanks for posting. I love the Skivvies.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly4 (View Post)
One of the directors/writers of Such Good People (sorry I have no idea what's his role) said on Twitter that neither Michael nor Randy will attend the premiere in Miami. Sorry.
I don't think that either Michael or Randy will be attending any of the Film Festivals. The reason being that at the film festivals there are a number of films being shown during the day and the focus will not be solely on "Such Good People"

I think the actors will not show up until the official premier in LA
Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think the actors will not show up until the official premier in LA
When is it? I lost myself in all Randy's news! I do hope there won't be a confict in his schedule with the rehearsal of Atomic.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
When is it? I lost myself in all Randy's news! I do hope there won't be a confict in his schedule with the rehearsal of Atomic.
It has not yet been announced.

I heard it might not be until this fall or year's end.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It has not yet been announced.

I heard it might not be until this fall or year's end.
Wow. I'm not familiar with this kind of things, but I thought it would be sooner, considering the film festivals etc...
Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Starting May 12th, MIX NYC will be auctioning off disposable cameras full of personal photos from 150 amazing artists and celebrities. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see inside the world of some your favorite personalities!

Randy will be one of the celebrities donating a camera (His name is on the list at the right hand side of the page at this link)

MIX NYC Naked Eye Celebrity Camera Auction & Benefit Show
Old 05-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Starting May 12th, MIX NYC will be auctioning off disposable cameras full of personal photos from 150 amazing artists and celebrities. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see inside the world of some your favorite personalities!

Randy will be one of the celebrities donating a camera (His name is on the list at the right hand side of the page at this link)

MIX NYC Naked Eye Celebrity Camera Auction & Benefit Show
Thank you, Mark.

*I'd be a little afraid to see what's on Jake Bass' camera.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Wow. I'm not familiar with this kind of things, but I thought it would be sooner, considering the film festivals etc...
I was incorrect.

I went back and looked at the update David Barrett Michael Barret posted at Kickstarter when they announced the showing at the Miami Film Festival and he said "If you selected the LA Pemiere tickets as a perk, that screening will be held later this summer. More info on that coming soon."
Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry;75924089[COLOR="Red"
]I was incorrect. I went back and looked at the update David Barrett Michael Barret posted at Kickstarter when they announced the showing at the Miami Film Festival and he said "If you selected the LA Pemiere tickets as a perk, that screening will be held later this summer. More info on that coming soon."

That's a first hun!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
That's a first hun!!!
I think I was mixing it up with when the DVDs were being sent to contributors who hadasked for them as a perk
Old 05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think I was mixing it up with when the DVDs were being sent to contributors who hadasked for them as a perk
What about the people who asked for the digital version?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
What about the people who asked for the digital version?
Not sure. I think they might release everyting at the same time but I don't recall reading anything about the digital. I;m signed up for both.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread