Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's amazing that we have the technology to access his very early works. He was a star in the making and a natural one at that!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think it's amazing that we have the technology to access his very early works. He was a star in the making and a natural one at that!
I wish there was a video available of college student Randy as "Courier" in the St.Louis Muni Theatre summer production of 1776, singing "Mama Look Sharp"

His rendition of "Gary Indiana" in that Music Man clip is wonderful. Definitely a star in the making
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Randy was such an adorable little kid.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 02-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Haha, I'm reading the comments at the video, and I nearly died on this one: "Does this mean he's had pretty much the same haircut for most of his life?"
Old 02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenlau (View Post)
Haha, I'm reading the comments at the video, and I nearly died on this one: "Does this mean he's had pretty much the same haircut for most of his life?"
What's even more impressive is, Randy still has the same hairline… Lucky boy!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What's even more impressive is, Randy still has the same hairline… Lucky boy!

but God was he adorable - I can't believe it took me so long to get into him (so to speak )!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
but God was he adorable - I can't believe it took me so long to get into him (so to speak )!
I meant the hairline is still nice…not thinning. But I'm sure you knew what I meant.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I only watched a minute of Randy singing, but he was made for theatre!
Watch the video at 1:05. The actor playing Professor Harold Hill steps in front of Randy (Winthrop) who is kneeling next to Marian - Winthrop's mother. At 1:10, Randy slides over so he he is not blocked. He was learning even at age 10
Old 02-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
Watch the video at 1:05. The actor playing Professor Harold Hill steps in front of Randy (Winthrop) who is kneeling next to Marian - Winthrop's mother. At 1:10, Randy slides over so he he is not blocked. He was learning even at age 10
Aww, so cute as a child actor and savvy too!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Randy looks so adorable. He's so gifted and even at an early age. I 'm so glad his parents and/or guardians and of course Randy worked on his craft. Look at the magnificent actor/artist he's become.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
Wow! Randy looks so adorable. He's so gifted and even at an early age. I 'm so glad his parents and/or guardians and of course Randy worked on his craft. Look at the magnificent actor/artist he's become.
Randy has said a number of times that his parents took him to a production of Peter Pan starring Sandy Duncan, when he was six and he announced to them that he wanted to be an actor. Two years later he was performing in the chorus of the local theatre company's production of Oliver and then two years after that he had the featured role of Winthrop in The Music Man. His parents were indeed very supportive but he once said in an interview that his mom made sure that he never became a "theatre kid" (which I assume meant a theatre brat)
Old 02-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
Randy has said a number of times that his parents took him to a production of Peter Pan starring Sandy Duncan, when he was six and he announced to them that he wanted to be an actor. Two years later he was performing in the chorus of the local theatre company's production of Oliver and then two years after that he had the featured role of Winthrop in The Music Man. His parents were indeed very supportive but he once said in an interview that his mom made sure that he never became a "theatre kid" (which I assume meant a theatre brat)
Wow! They did a wonderful job with Randy. The hard work and sacrifice has indeed paid off. Can't wait to see or hear what's up and coming. Thanks for sharing Mark. I remember Peter Pan starring Sandy Duncan. It was magical.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Article about Such Good People

BARRETT & JIMENEZ ON SUCH GOOD PEOPLE » Los Angeles Film & Acting Schools - IAFT
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It's great to know that it's almost finished. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 02-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really looking forward to Such Good People!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread